5x5 LTE Deployment and Houston question

So, I just recently switched to Sprint from Tmobile here in Houston. So far I am very impressed, the LTE works well here and the concerns I had about the % deployed seems largely unfounded. I have only ran into 2-3 spots which I did not get a 4G signal so far.

So, my questions is this, I read that Sprint is rolling out LTE in 5x5 configuration, but is that just to start or is that because thats all they can spare on the PCS nationally in general for LTE deployment?

In relation to the Houston market, how much free PCS do they have and how many additional LTE carriers can they deploy? Are they going to deploy these as needed?

TIA

So, my questions is this, I read that Sprint is rolling out LTE in 5x5 configuration, but is that just to start or is that because thats all they can spare on the PCS nationally in general for LTE deployment?

In relation to the Houston market, how much free PCS do they have and how many additional LTE carriers can they deploy? Are they going to deploy these as needed?

Following the Sprint-USCC spectrum transaction in Chicago, Houston is one of two remaining top 10 markets in which Sprint holds only 20 MHz of PCS A-F block spectrum. So, no, do not expect another 5 MHz FDD LTE 1900 carrier in Houston anytime soon. Sorry.

AJ

Kudos to you. I like your realistic, positive attitude about Sprint's network development. It will take time, and you will need to upgrade your device to follow. Plenty of others here at S4GRU could take a lesson from you. They are perpetually "not impressed"...

mckayladisappointed.jpg

AJ

• Like 8

I appreciate your compliment. I guess Im not overly worried about it, I know this next year they're going to have phones and rollout support for LTE SMR and on the clearwire spectrum. Those combined Im sure will be a big help for capacity.