Sprint Unlocking Policy

nahum365

(sorry, had trouble quoting) I should clarify, I didn't actually go through the process rather this is just what a rep from Verizon told me I could follow in order to port my iPhone 4s over to their network. She said the most troublesome part would be to get the home network to clear the MEID, but if I could get that done then she would be able to input the MEID over to their database. She very easily could have been blowing smoke to tell me what I want to hear, but in Nahum365's situation it would be worth a try as opposed to sitting on a $250 paper weight.

(sorry, had trouble quoting) I should clarify, I didn't actually go through the process rather this is just what a rep from Verizon told me I could follow in order to port my iPhone 4s over to their network.

VZW's policy may be more liberal, reportedly so. But Sprint's policy, right or wrong, is very simple. If Sprint (or an authorized retailer) did not sell it as a Sprint device, then Sprint will not activate it, bar none.

AJ