Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

You know you're a bit too obsessed with LTE when you begin to have dreams that the tower next to you is getting upgraded.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You call them dreams, I call them drugs.... B)

• Like 2

You call them dreams, I call them drugs.... B)

Hahaha. In my dream I was walking by some guys who were unloading something that looked like panels and they were by the Broad and Lancaster Ave tower. I asked them what they were and he said those were for LTE. I asked are you with sprint and he said yes, I gave him a high 5 and woke up to my alarm screaming.

• Like 3

Hahaha. In my dream I was walking by some guys who were unloading something that looked like panels and they were by the Broad and Lancaster Ave tower. I asked them what they were and he said those were for LTE. I asked are you with sprint and he said yes, I gave him a high 5 and woke up to my alarm screaming.

First thing to come to mind...

• Like 3

Anyone with triband devices experience 3g to LTE switch problems? Like a device not picking up LTE in places in did in the past?

Did you just get your tri-band phone? Are you in a officially launched market? It's a common issue on these phones. It's been mentioned on other forums.

Did you just get your tri-band phone? Are you in a officially launched market? It's a common issue on these phones. It's been mentioned on other forums.

I got it 2 weeks ago and it switched back and forth fine, now it requires an airplane mode cycle.

I got it 2 weeks ago and it switched back and forth fine, now it requires an airplane mode cycle.

Oh ok. perhaps upgrades then. I'm in a partially launched market, however with this triband phone I cant pick up lte in places where other non tri-band phones do, until deployment is done. I only get lte in areas where they have "clustered" lte service. Hence my question.

• Like 1

Oh ok. perhaps upgrades then. I'm in a partially launched market, however with this triband phone I cant pick up lte in places where other non tri-band phones do, until deployment is done. I only get lte in areas where they have "clustered" lte service. Hence my question.

There's some B25 and B41 clusters around where I live and what's interesting is that from far, it will connect to B25, but when I'm closer to the tower, it will stay on 3G, until I airplane cycle

There's some B25 and B41 clusters around where I live and what's interesting is that from far, it will connect to B25, but when I'm closer to the tower, it will stay on 3G, until I airplane cycle

Ha! Thats odd, you'd think it would be the opposite. Is this tower completely live? BTW have you been able to connect to B41 and how fast was it?

Ha! Thats odd, you'd think it would be the opposite. Is this tower completely live? BTW have you been able to connect to B41 and how fast was it?

Yes, there's some B41 live in Columbus. And it's fast, like freaky fast. So fast you'll freak. Faster than Jimmy John's delivery. Here's a pic I posted earlier. 2evema3a.jpg

• Like 1

Holy Shnikies! Lol. The day I see that down here in Cincinnati I'll definitely freak out lol. I know for a fact 3 blocks from my house sprint has a site, and also former Clearwire did as well, so I'm hoping when its upgraded they'll give us some B41. Its all a matter of waiting at this point.

Anyone with triband devices experience 3g to LTE switch problems? Like a device not picking up LTE in places in did in the past?

Although Iam not on a tri-band device....I was in Marietta, Ohio - 100% completed - over the weekend and had to manually airplane cycle my iPhone 5 to go back to LTE.  It would sometimes switch to 3g by itself - although the signal was strong. This is hopefully not an issue where Sprint devices will go to 3g for various reasons to be listed..

I also mapped LTE in Marietta on 8th, 9th streets (and part of 5th street ) with my Galaxy tab using the sensorly app ..

• Like 1

I was in Marietta, Ohio - 100% completed - over the weekend and had to manually airplane cycle my iPhone 5 to go back to LTE. It would sometimes switch to 3g by itself - although the signal was strong.

I also mapped LTE in Marietta on 8th, 9th streets (and part of 5th street ) with my Galaxy tab using the sensorly app ..

I wonder if it's due to the eCSFB not working right, but then again it has to do with voice not data, at least to my understanding. Or, perhaps the towers not telling the phone which band to pick up.

I wonder if it's due to the eCSFB not working right, but then again it has to do with voice not data, at least to my understanding. Or, perhaps the towers not telling the phone which band to pick up.

I edited my post before you replied.. but I added above I hope it's not going to be an issue where Sprint devices will sometimes switch to 3g for whatever reason.. When it happened the network didn't appear to be loaded ( speed test where >7 Mbps down )... but it happened about 3 times within an hour one day. I considered the signal ( maybe being on LTE on one tower and switching to another ) but quickly came to the conclusion I was in a small city 100% complete with only 5 towers of which all are 800 voice/LTE.. I was actually on foot walking outside.. my signal always was good to excellent once I got into the engineering screen

That doesn't sound like an eCSFB issue to me. If it was, you would only be able to get LTE in LTE-Only mode, not by putting it in/out of Airplane mode.

Here's what's most likely happening: Every 5 minutes, your phone will look for an LTE signal unless 1) You're already using LTE, or 2) Your data is in use (IE: a download, streaming radio, checking email, etc). So when that 5 minutes comes around, your phone is "busy" and never bothers to look for LTE. Airplane mode is working to reconnect you to LTE because it disconnects all connections and forces your phone to scan first for LTE before connecting to 3G data.

• Like 2

Pretty descent weather all week but no climbers located on any towers in Columbus. Either a delay or done and waiting for launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've been pretty busy down here, in the Cinci area hopping we are still on schedule for a June/July launch. I'm not liking that 3G icon anymore lol.

Pretty descent weather all week but no climbers located on any towers in Columbus. Either a delay or done and waiting for launch

I hope they are turning on more towers soon either way.. whats columbus at ? ... 70% LTE?

I did see one crew on a tower converting from GMO to full build. But other than that, all is quiet. I suspect there is a hold up on the roof top sites and holding up the rest of construction.

I hope they are turning on more towers soon either way.. whats columbus at ? ... 70% LTE?

As of April 7th:

Columbus

NV Sites Accepted = 82%LTE Sites Accepted = 58%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2014 (Marion launched 1/2014, Zanesville 3/2014)Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014

Current Production Rate Completion = May 2014

• Like 1

That is not true. There is rooftop work being done in addition to new premier discuased work.

That doesn't sound like an eCSFB issue to me. If it was, you would only be able to get LTE in LTE-Only mode, not by putting it in/out of Airplane mode.

Here's what's most likely happening: Every 5 minutes, your phone will look for an LTE signal unless 1) You're already using LTE, or 2) Your data is in use (IE: a download, streaming radio, checking email, etc). So when that 5 minutes comes around, your phone is "busy" and never bothers to look for LTE. Airplane mode is working to reconnect you to LTE because it disconnects all connections and forces your phone to scan first for LTE before connecting to 3G data.

My phone is in LTE/CDMA mode, I'm by the Graham Rd elementary school, on 3G. I have no processes running that require data and I purposefully force closed all processes. I'm still on 3G, even with the data in idle.

It seems that the phone picks when to connect to what tower. The tower by the 5 way intersection is less than a mile away and still no joy. However, when I go home, which is further away from my present location, I'm able to connect to that tower.

P.S. it was in idle mode for about 10 min and still no switching to LTE.