Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

You may be out of range on the 800 as well. My experience is the the 800 is aimed above the near tower area to cover farther away. I live between 1-2 miles from the nearest site but rarely connect to it indoors, usually its the site 10 miles away. Of course it sometimes changes.

Brings back memories of when the company I worked for was on a 800 SMR. There was good and bad days on 800. Always subject to propagation, sunspots and the position of the moon. I could sometimes pick up Cincinnati Police on my handheld scanner in my living room in Whitehall stronger than Reynoldsburg Police on the same channel.

• Like 1

ru8ypeda.jpg

yzuqujyb.jpg

Just some speed tests at the Utica Elementary School. I was facing the tower and phone up in the air.

Interesting to note: when heading towards Newark on 13, once you make the first bend, before getting to the ice cream plant, the LTE connection drops. I'm sure the topography of the area has something to do with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Is that 1900 LTE?

Awesome speeds there. That's encouraging.

The thing is, Urticaria Elementary is located on a hill, and the tower can be seen. However, when driving on 13 through Utica, you don't always get LTE signal, even with the tower being only about a mile or less away.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello all,

Don't know if anyone was in the Johnstown area around 430pm today or around Granville around 10:30, but was anyone having issues with connecting to LTE?  I drove on 62 towards Utica and 16/161 out of Newark towards Columbus, and reset my data, hunting for LTE, and got nothing.  I did get LTE once I was already in Utica.

Just wanted to see if anyone had similar experiences or knows if perhaps the LTE connection was down.  I use GS3, in case anyone wants to know.

Thanks.

How do I get to the spreadsheet message board?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

• Like 1

This site has had 2 sets of new cabinets for a while.

Just started using tapatalk and this is my first photo! How do I get to the spreadsheet message board?

I'm not sure what you mean... The spreadsheet link is in Coz' signature if that is what you are looking for.

EDI: Coz beat me to it.

They're installing RRUs at the High Street location in Lancaster. Talked to one of the guys. He's putting up 4 panels today and said this site would be up and running in 3-4 days. But I've been told that before only to be disappointed. But both main sites in Lancaster are getting RRUs.

I also asked the guy why there would be 4 cabinets at the other Lancaster site and he said they must be putting more than 4 panels up.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean... The spreadsheet link is in Coz' signature if that is what you are looking for.

EDI: Coz beat me to it.

In the tapatalk app there were no links under the signature. I found it now with Coz's link.

They're installing RRUs at the High Street location in Lancaster. Talked to one of the guys. He's putting up 4 panels today and said this site would be up and running in 3-4 days. But I've been told that before only to be disappointed. But both main sites in Lancaster are getting RRUs.I also asked the guy why there would be 4 cabinets at the other Lancaster site and he said they must be putting more than 4 panels up.Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

"RRH's"

They're installing RRUs at the High Street location in Lancaster. Talked to one of the guys. He's putting up 4 panels today and said this site would be up and running in 3-4 days. But I've been told that before only to be disappointed. But both main sites in Lancaster are getting RRUs.

I also asked the guy why there would be 4 cabinets at the other Lancaster site and he said they must be putting more than 4 panels up.

Could be high capacity?

"Up and Running" is the problem.  From their standpoint, it most likely is up and running when it is complete on their side.  The problem is Sprint verifying its completion and then the cluster launch nature of NV.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but continue to be hesitant.  This tower will most likely not be live this week.  I'd love to be wrong though.

Could be high capacity?

"Up and Running" is the problem. From their standpoint, it most likely is up and running when it is complete on their side. The problem is Sprint verifying its completion and then the cluster launch nature of NV. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but continue to be hesitant. This tower will most likely not be live this week. I'd love to be wrong though.

I'm just glad to see work. I'm in Lancaster quite a bit.

Can anyone check XXX located at XXX Alton Darby Creek Road it has been confirmed for CAB but not RRH last checked was back in September. Thank You. :)

Wrong thread. Please edit your post to remove Site ID and Address.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

This may have been covered already and I just missed it, but does anyone know what the story is with the LTE that's showing up in Reynoldsburg, specifically in the Broad and Lancaster area?  (Oh and the Taylor Rd/Firstgate area too)  It's showing up on Sensorly, but I can't connect to it.  (on an EVO 4G LTE)  I kinda remember someone mentioning a while back that Reynoldsburg was getting 2500 Mhz first (or is it 2600 Mhz?  Whatever)  Is that the case?  Or is this just stuff that's in test mode?  I've been waiting since June 2012 for LTE in my area, and now it's showing up, but I can't use it.  I am about to explode with happiness and frustration!

• Like 1

Just confirmed. The 161 Cleveland Ave climbers are working on Sprint Antennas for 4gLTE. Talked to guy on ground and the crew is their to fix what wasn't done right. He said in about a week that part of the city will be all 4g. Come on Sprint..wit ur FunkyAzz!!!

• Like 3