Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Hey folks,

Sorry if I've pointed this out already, but with the Bloomfield Road site going live with LTE. The Columbus Market has the first 3G/800/4G tower in Ohio!

"It's a celebration!" in my Rick James voice.

Coz will we be seeing a lot of this in Columbus city limits?

Figured I'd toss this out and see what you guys think...  This Picture is the tower in the interchange at I-270 & Main St (sorry for the grainy pic, I had to zoom since I was only about 30 feet from my house)

post-2286-0-48847900-1375403623_thumb.jpg

Sorry picture won't flip upright...

It's a little odd, The thicker panel in the center of the lower tier on the N,S,E & W side of the tower are new, (weren't there 3 months ago) They put them up in late june, wierd thing is Even though it's Columbus City there are no permits pulled for it, Are towers in the freeway right of way permitted differently?

The picture is a bit crappy (had to zoom as I was only about 30 feet from my front door) but that center panel looks an awful lot like a samsung RRU, I'll try to get over to the tower tomorrow for a better look from below...

I'm just curious what everyone thinks,  Especially since fiber had been laid to the tower (I'll see about connection when I get close tomorrow...)

Coz will we be seeing a lot of this in Columbus city limits?

Yep. When it comes to time, that I have no clue of. I'm thinking we'll have as much 800 as Cleveland.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 1

Figured I'd toss this out and see what you guys think... This Picture is the tower in the interchange at I-270 & Main St (sorry for the grainy pic, I had to zoom since I was only about 30 feet from my house)

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 2013-07-31 18.51.04.jpg

Sorry picture won't flip upright...

It's a little odd, The thicker panel in the center of the lower tier on the N,S,E & W side of the tower are new, (weren't there 3 months ago) They put them up in late june, wierd thing is Even though it's Columbus City there are no permits pulled for it, Are towers in the freeway right of way permitted differently?

The picture is a bit crappy (had to zoom as I was only about 30 feet from my front door) but that center panel looks an awful lot like a samsung RRU, I'll try to get over to the tower tomorrow for a better look from below...

I'm just curious what everyone thinks, Especially since fiber had been laid to the tower (I'll see about connection when I get close tomorrow...)

Looks legacy to me. Check out the Samsung LTE setup in my signature. Should be able to help you when you get a closer look.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Looks legacy to me. Check out the Samsung LTE setup in my signature. Should be able to help you when you get a closer look.

That was my thought too, my confusion are these large RRUs, They were installed back in june....  But I should be able to better identify them after I get close tomorrow...post-2286-0-10788200-1375409545_thumb.jpg

That was my thought too, my confusion are these large RRUs, They were installed back in june.... But I should be able to better identify them after I get close tomorrow...{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif tower.jpg

Those are antennas. It's possible they may be apart of another carriers set up.

Those are antennas. It's possible they may be apart of another carriers set up.

Yeah, Terminology mix-up...  :blush:   That's the odd thing, I can't seem to find what other carriers might be using the site...  I;m still digging though....

Are you serious ? for LTE? I can't look now at work.. lol

They've just had another 7 accepted, so they're close of not at 14.

They've just had another 7 accepted, so they're close of not at 14.

I know we try to stay intellectual here... but ..... D A M N N N N N   .. LOL

On a more serious note.. You'd think Columbus being the capital ( of Ohio ).. it  would be alittle more important.. but it's good to see progress in Ohio.. and one morning we'll wake up and see the same thing here..

I know we try to stay intellectual here... but ..... D A M N N N N N .. LOL

On a more serious note.. You'd think Columbus being the capital ( of Ohio ).. it would be alittle more important.. but it's good to see progress in Ohio.. and one morning we'll wake up and see the same thing here..

Yeah but Cleveland is a part of the 3RD Round markets. We're supposed to be a part of the 4th. So us and Cincinnati should have never been ahead of them at any time.

Did a double take this morning drivng past my home cell. Base cabinets got put in yesterday. Nothing up the pole yet and no antennas. I'll post that to the WIP thread when it gets more bling. This is the cell on Diley Road next to Kingys Pizza.

20130802_063837.jpg

• Like 2

Did a double take this morning drivng past my home cell. Base cabinets got put in yesterday. Nothing up the pole yet and no antennas. I'll post that to the WIP thread when it gets more bling. This is the cell on Diley Road next to Kingys Pizza.

Definitely NV WIP going on....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yeah but Cleveland is a part of the 3RD Round markets. We're supposed to be a part of the 4th. So us and Cincinnati should have never been ahead of them at any time.

Ok, makes sense Coz.. although it also it seems like Cinncy is pulling ahead for now.. although we could quickly catch up..

I finally made the switch from my Epic to the Kyocera Torque. My "cheap ass" also purchased SignalCheck Pro, the first app I have EVER purchased. You're welcome, MikeJeep :)

On my way home Wednesday night, I was heading north on S. County Line Rd at Duncan Plains Rd and my phone alerted me that it was picking up 800 from Centerburg. I think it went off again for LTE, but I wasn't able to (completely) see it in time before it went away (I think it said 605 Galena for the address, but not sure if it was showing LTE when it was handed off to that tower from Centerburg).

A mile later, I was heading east on Duncan Plains Rd before Miller Church Rd and was alerted to 800 again, this time from Welch Hills! Lasted about 1/2 a mile. Damn, this 800 has some distance!!

When I got home, I went to ##3282#, Advanced, View, LTE available file. I now have 3 new base_id for SID 4418. I *may* have picked up a new tower!! Here you go, COZ, for a hopeful "coming soon" list:

BID: 971

BID: 962

BID: 963

Last night, I was at Mink and 161 and was able to get 800 again from Welch Hills. Phone hung on to it this time for a little over a mile heading north on Mink, so I was able to get a screenshot this time.

Screenshot_2013-08-02-09-26-40.png

Screenshot_2013-08-01-18-59-45.png

• Like 3

I finally made the switch from my Epic to the Kyocera Torque. My "cheap ass" also purchased SignalCheck Pro, the first app I have EVER purchased. You're welcome, MikeJeep :)

On my way home Wednesday night, I was heading north on S. County Line Rd at Duncan Plains Rd and my phone alerted me that it was picking up 800 from Centerburg. I think it went off again for LTE, but I wasn't able to (completely) see it in time before it went away (I think it said 605 Galena for the address, but not sure if it was showing LTE when it was handed off to that tower from Centerburg).

A mile later, I was heading east on Duncan Plains Rd before Miller Church Rd and was alerted to 800 again, this time from Welch Hills! Lasted about 1/2 a mile. Damn, this 800 has some distance!!

When I got home, I went to ##3282#, Advanced, View, LTE available file. I now have 3 new base_id for SID 4418. I *may* have picked up a new tower!! Here you go, COZ, for a hopeful "coming soon" list:

BID: 971

BID: 962

BID: 963

Last night, I was at Mink and 161 and was able to get 800 again from Welch Hills. Phone hung on to it this time for a little over a mile heading north on Mink, so I was able to get a screenshot this time.

Good work. The BIDs show different than the actual Serving Cell ID for LTE. You'll need to grab it from the LTE Engineering screen within ##DEBUG# while connected to LTE.

Check this out from the 800mhz thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2358-everything-800mhz-1xa-lte-coverage-timeline-etc/?p=179509

Talk about coverage...I was down right by the ocean today driving in Kennebunkport, Maine and my phone picked up an 800 signal....from Mass.!  It seems the tower is out on a peninsula of sorts in rockport and it stuck out just enough to go clearly over the ocean almost 100 miles.

I suppose going over open water signal penetration is very good but I didnt think it was that good.  Very impressive.

What do you guys think?

Talked to Sprint lv 2 again this morning as I haven't received an inbound call in 3 weeks now. Towers in Westerville were having issues again.

Anyway, dude told me Toledo and Akron (52 towers done in Akron!!!) we're up and running, but no specific info about Cbus. He did say to mark my Calendar for Sep 2-3. Wasn't specific about LTE or not but did say I would be excited.

Talked to Sprint lv 2 again this morning as I haven't received an inbound call in 3 weeks now. Towers in Westerville were having issues again.

Anyway, dude told me Toledo and Akron (52 towers done in Akron!!!) we're up and running, but no specific info about Cbus. He did say to mark my Calendar for Sep 2-3. Wasn't specific about LTE or not but did say I would be excited.

Just in my opinion, I wouldn't look into what that guy is saying about Sept 2-3rd. We already know the market is moving and just because things have to move that more sites are going to go live with LTE and 800.

He did mention apple fans would be giddy and told me I had an early upgrade on my account I should most definitely use as I wouldn't be sorry.

When I asked how deep I could read into it he said "Go deep!" I questioned if 3 little letters were involved (LTE) he said "we shall see, but go deep"

So far he's been really upfront with me. Unfortunately, once my issue is fixed I'm sure I'll be overstepping boundaries to contact him directly anymore. As of my call with him this morning my inbound issue was pretty much resolved so bummer I guess?

For Akron were all those 52 towers NV ? Or ehancements of other kinds.. ? I visit in Akron so would be nice to know service is better there because it hasn't ever been good in Akron..