Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Looks like someone with a Galaxy Nexus is polluting the map near I-71 and Dublin Granville Rd. Dragging the dark purple where it doesn't belong.

Wasn't me either! I've learned my lesson.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My phone keeps switching back and forth between evdo and ehrpd in the Lincoln village area.

You may be in a area between two cell sites. One may be being worked on or there could be an issue with the one.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Sweet, In my area ( east Columbus between Reynoldsburg and Blacklick ) I drop calls a lot in the last few months and data is usually pretty bad.

haven't been following whats going on in your area.. What updates did they do ? Is the speedtest more consistent?

NV stuff. Appears to be consistent.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

rf40928 says: 

I've never gotten nearly 2 Mb/s down on 3g with Sprint, but for you it looks good.. I take it your area is pretty much ready for 4G awaiting backhaul

---------------------------------------

ejerezy2.jpg

First 800 acceptance!

uploadfromtaptalk1375058581073.jpg

First 800 acceptance!

Coz,  where in Columbus ? is this 'Columbus' out outer areas?  Does this mean these are accepted and could be turned on anytime ?  I didn't see any new "aqua blue" markers notating 800..

Looking at the maps, our lte sites are LTE only, no NV 3g or 800 yet, am I looking at that correct?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Correct.

Looking at the maps, our lte sites are LTE only, no NV 3g or 800 yet, am I looking at that correct?

Yes, you are correct.

ejerezy2.jpg

Where are you getting these speeds?  Do you know what tower you connect to?

Thanks.

Check the map.... My tower finally accepted, now let's accept my other towers with backhaul please and thanks :)

Congrats !

No idea how to get the tower info. I'm using an iPhone 5. I'm up at rt 3 and Maxtown north side of westerville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

You can type *3001#12345#* and hit CALL ... it'll bring up some options and also replace your bars ( at top left ) with an actual signal strength number.. it'll show a lot of stuff.. you can exit out of screen usually by hitting the HOME button..

Sometimes to exit out you may have to power down.. then on power up everything will be normal except the bars will still have a signal number... To return to the default bars dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.. 

Cool. So what on here do you need to determine the tower?

Select the “Cell Information” menu option to display a summary of all nearby towers. The “RX” code displays the signal strength of each tower. These RX values are dBm signal strength readings, where lower values means strong signal (so -60 signifies stronger signal than -80). The towers are listed by signal strength, and the top tower is usually the tower your phone is connecting to.

Selecting the first tower will take you to a further menu that displays more specific information. The “Freq” value shows the frequency block that the network is using. I.E if  the Freq number is between 128 and 251, the tower is using the 850 MHz Cellular band. If the Freq number is between 512 and 810, the tower is using the 1900MHz PCS band.  So I guess if the value was under 128 it would be 800...

Hope that helps.  A lot of iPhone users don't know about that code.  Pretty handy since you can look up a lot of stuff without downloading a program from iTunes..

How exactly did you determine that from those screen shots? All Greek to me. Tried to interpret the info based on instructions from a couple posts back, but I guess I don't understand.

Correct.

Why only lite up lte without 3g or 800,because of the voice hand off and 911?

Once 3g and 800 accepted on the tower, will be excited to see voice and data coverage in the area.

Why only lite up lte without 3g or 800,because of the voice hand off and 911?

Once 3g and 800 accepted on the tower, will be excited to see voice and data coverage in the area.

Correct. 3G must be brought online in clusters to help reduce drop calls with Samsung NV and Legacy Motorola equipment.

• Like 1