Swapping between devices

bigzeto

So today I wanted to swap to my Photon while at work. I went to use Sprint's online activation tool which I've used in the past. I was swapping from my EVO LTE to the Photon. The online tool did not work, and I had to either call or do an online chat. Does anybody know why the online tool would not work as both devices require the $10 premium data. If I have to call or chat every time I want to swap between devices, it will get rather annoying. Thanks

I had this problem with the first LTE device.

According to Duffman, he explained that it was due to different codings on the backside of things at sprint. You can do a chat and they will take care of the activation for you.

Once you are on an LTE device, you can once again use the online activation tool to swap from LTE device to LTE device.

Hope this helps.

So today I wanted to swap to my Photon while at work. I went to use Sprint's online activation tool which I've used in the past. I was swapping from my EVO LTE to the Photon. The online tool did not work' date=' and I had to either call or do an online chat. Does anybody know why the online tool would not work as both devices require the 10 premium data. If I have to call or chat everytime I want to swap between devices, it will get rather annoying. Thanks[/quote']

I have the same issues when going from LTE to WiMax or WiMax to LTE devices. I can switch from LTE to LTE devices and WiMax to WiMax devices using the online activation, and don't have any problems. I've heard it described that it has to do with provisioning.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I run into this constantly when I need to change devices at work. The site has never been very friendly when it comes to swapping between device types (incl WiMax to LTE). It's a shame they apparently can't be bothered to fix the site and make it customer friendly.

I run into this constantly when I need to change devices at work. The site has never been very friendly when it comes to swapping between device types (incl WiMax to LTE). It's a shame they apparently can't be bothered to fix the site and make it customer friendly.

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. If the online site would work, it would take less than a minute to do a phone swap. :wall:

• Like 1