Study finds fewer carriers better for consumer with spectrum scarce

legion125

This is so egregious! I'm sure billionaires would say it would be better for the economy if they had all of our assets, too.

AT&T sits on so much unused spectrum all around the country. We don't have a spectrum problem for the big carriers. They can divide their cells up smaller and smaller. But that costs money they don't wanna spend.

It's the smaller carriers who need more spectrum, so they can install larger EVDO and LTE carriers for faster data performance.

When I think about all of the spectrum AT&T owns and has never deployed on, it makes me really pissed off!!! :mad:

This was just one study and it appeared flawed once you took off the myopic spectacles. Makes since if you take a narrow economoc view that takes away market forces. Probable funded by AT&T so they could say, "I told you so" to the FCC.

• Like 1

This smells like AstroTurf. Phoenix has a history of pro-industry studies. I would love to see who their major donors are.

Even without this, it's absurd to the point where anyone with any knowledge of the subject can poke holes in their study with little effort.

• Like 1