What are your top 5 apps?

pyroscott

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 20 January 2012

Name 5 Apps that you love and why you love them. Also say what OS they are for.

My top 5 for Android

1. Go Launcher EX - I had never even heard of this app until it came preloaded on Calkulin's rom for the E4GT. It replaces touchwiz and allows for a LOT of customization like themes, how big or small the shortcuts and widgets are on your home screen, app drawer customization, lock screen customization and a lot more. And it's free!
  2. Soundhound/Shazam - Both apps can identify songs using the phone's microphone and allow you to add it to your "tag stream" or listen to it on pandora etc. Both have free and paid versions.
  3. Google music - I recently found out that google music allows you to upload 20,000 songs into their "cloud" and then stream all your music on your computer, phone, tablet or pretty much anything that can connect to the internet.
  4. Camera ZOOM FX - Camera app that allows you to use all kinds of effects on your pictures. The only thing I wish it had was the ability to use the volume rocker to take the picture. Currently on sale for $2.99.
  5. AirPush Detector - Ever get those (expletive deleted) ads that pop up in your notification bar? Did you just install 25 apps and not have a clue which one is the offender? AirPush detector sniffs them out and brings you to the uninstall page.

All Android:

1. Moxier mail - Email client for Outlook. I need to get my work emails when I'm out of the office.
  2. Dropbox - So I can check and edit docs while I'm out of the office or on a different computer.
  3. Bloomberg - Gotta keep up with the financial world and the market to see if I can afford to every retire decades from now.
  4. Pulse - Don't have a tablet yet, so its loaded with news/mag articles to catch up with when I'm stuck shopping with the wife.
  5. Soundhound - god for ID a song you hear and want to know the title.

For me:

• Browser...that's how I keep up with S4GRU.
  • Facebook...that's how I keep up with S4GRU
  • Twitter...that's how I keep up with S4GRU
  • Tapatalk...that's how I keep up with every other forum that's not S4GRU

Other than S4GRU related stuff...

• SpeedTest...because I always have to know how the network is performing right this very second.
  • Root Metrics & Sensorly...I've always gotta provide feedback how the network is performing every second
  • CDMA Field Test...I'm a wireless dork, I'm sorry. I want to know what tower I'm connected to in order to better understand the results from the upper two.
  • Tech Site Apps...BGR, CNET and Engadget

Honorable Mentions:

• Gas Buddy...I'm obsessed with buying gasoline at the cheapest price
  • Urbanspoon...I'm a foodie and a Prime contributor
  • You Version Bible...because I'm one of those Jesus freaks
  • Hanging with Friends and Words with Friends...user name NMherron if you want to send me a game
  • PowerAmp...this app is awesome. Not only is it a music player, but has a pre-amp. Makes my car stereo boom. It also has different equalizer settings that can be saved as individual profiles. I have one for each car I drive, because each stereo sounds different. Love it!

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 22 January 2012

I use speed test, but I will have to check out some of those other apps to get a handle on what my connection is really doing.

I'm actively using both Tapatalk and Forum Runner now. To keep track of any issues or bugs. I have a S4GRU app on my to do list. But I don't think I am going to get to it until at least April.

I'm actively using both Tapatalk and Forum Runner now. To keep track of any issues or bugs. I have a S4GRU app on my to do list. But I don't think I am going to get to it until at least April.

That will be in the top 5...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1