Indianapolis Sprint Tower

omega

Hi All,

I cant find this tower on Indianapolis's map for cell sites but it looks like a Sprint tower with RUUs attached.

What do you all think?

http://postimage.org/image/z8y8x9fqn/

<a href=IMG_0297.jpg' alt='IMG_0297.jpg'>

AT&T is starting to use RRU's, what does the base station look like? is it in a shed or not?

sorry to burst your bubble but those towers have been everywhere for years. Sprint has started doing some upgrades in our area but I have seen no improvements as of yet. those towers are probably AT&T t mobile or Verizon towers that absolutely destroy sprint service in our area, since we were shafted on the 4g. I am excited to have 3G speeds above 100kbits also lol.

sorry to burst your bubble but those towers have been everywhere for years. Sprint has started doing some upgrades in our area but I have seen no improvements as of yet. those towers are probably AT&T t mobile or Verizon towers that absolutely destroy sprint service in our area' date=' since we were shafted on the 4g. I am excited to have 3G speeds above 100kbits also lol.[/quote']

Hi, actually all of the new hardware I'm referring to has been added in the past few months Max. The tower picture I posted had those added a month ago.

Most areas speed is fine with me 1mb, bit some areas are bad. Also those areas have the same issue with Verizon 4g and ATT 4g

I live close to Ivy Tech downtown and my speeds suck all the time. Everyday. I have always wondered how I can live so close to downtown and have such a decrepit and slow network experience. Voice calls are fine but data....sheesh! A few weeks ago, I was in the parking lot of the Walgreens on16th and Meridian and couldn't get a signal at all. 16th and Meridian! I have an Evo 3d which doesn't have any radio problems. I'm like Riggs.I'm excited to see speeds over 100kb also. I tend to stay on the West side and the only place I've ever seen Wimax was at the racetrack and a couple of pockets on the northwest side.

The last time I was downtown during the mini marathon, I tested about 800Kbps. On the north side a few days ago, around 86th and Michigan I got 900Kbps, sometimes higher.

Here in Muncie I've been seeing speeds fluctuate violently in the past week. A few towers here are due for NV updates so I'm just crossing my fingers.

I live close to Ivy Tech downtown and my speeds suck all the time. Everyday. I have always wondered how I can live so close to downtown and have such a decrepit and slow network experience. Voice calls are fine but data....sheesh! A few weeks ago' date=' I was in the parking lot of the Walgreens on16th and Meridian and couldn't get a signal at all. 16th and Meridian! I have an Evo 3d which doesn't have any radio problems. I'm like Riggs.I'm excited to see speeds over 100kb also. I tend to stay on the West side and the only place I've ever seen Wimax was at the racetrack and a couple of pockets on the northwest side.[/quote']

The current state of Sprint's network is pretty bad for 3G data in many places. Network Vision will correct most of these problems. Fortunately, Indy is in a sooner rather than later area. You should start seeing network improvements this year...and some 4G LTE.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 2

The current state of Sprint's network is pretty bad for 3G data in many places. Network Vision will correct most of these problems. Fortunately' date=' Indy is in a sooner rather than later area. You should start seeing network improvements this year...and some 4G LTE.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner[/quote']

Hi Robert

I noticed that the Indianapolis map doesn't have dates anymore has something happened?

Also do you have anymore news about Indianapolis?

Thank You

That's AT&T's RRU. Same around STL where AT&T is doing a Network Vision like upgrade in getting 4G LTE running.

Thank you for he replay, ATT just started lte here so that makes sense.

Hi Robert

I noticed that the Indianapolis map doesn't have dates anymore has something happened?

Also do you have anymore news about Indianapolis?

Thank You

I've not made any changes to the map since it was posted. I will be working on S4GRU most of tomorrow and will take a look at it. I'm pretty tied up today.

I've not made any changes to the map since it was posted. I will be working on S4GRU most of tomorrow and will take a look at it. I'm pretty tied up today.

Take your time I appreciate it.

Thank You