iOS7 GM

illest_ios

I had the issue of no 3G when LTE was weak or turned off. It would flicker between 3G and 1x for a little bit then stick to 1x (also nice that it says 1x now haha).

I had to restore my phone (for yet a third time today, due to various annoyances) to make 3G work again.

I swear every time a new iOS release comes out there is something not getting along with the sprint network.

I installed iOS 7 last night on my iPad but so far I am not liking the look. All of the UI elements look like something from a preschool device. I don't use iOS much, but I couldn't find any way to get rid of that opaque dock bar and make it translucent like previous versions or make screens feel less "white". Not trying to upset iOS zealots, just asking if there are ways to customize or at least dial down the look of the UI.

• Like 1

I installed iOS 7 last night on my iPad but so far I am not liking the look. All of the UI elements look like something from a preschool device. I don't use iOS much, but I couldn't find any way to get rid of that opaque dock bar and make it translucent like previous versions or make screens feel less "white". Not trying to upset iOS zealots, just asking if there are ways to customize or at least dial down the look of the UI.

to some extent there is. A lot of it is buried in accessibility. You can't do much though other than disable the transparency and the 3D effect of the home screen. You can always invert colors though to get rid of the white.

Try different wallpapers, as I think that has an effect on the dock. Also spend some time in Settings as there's a lot of little new tweaks in there.

I swear every time a new iOS release comes out there is something not getting along with the sprint network.

You're telling me. I had two (separate) absolutely bizarre cases today that both arose from having the wrong SIM in the phone.

The first, a brother and sister, both with iPhone 5's, had at some point in the past swapped SIMs (mistakenly), which upon the iOS 7 update, caused one phone to activate as the other, and the other to not activate at all and display "invalid SIM". Whoops.

The second, everything on the phone worked, but after the iOS 7 upgrade, iMessage showed a strange, invalid phone number as the phone's "phone number", despite the rest of the device showing his normal one. Quick SIM swap, he was on his way. After, of course, twenty minutes of me banging my head on the table wondering what in the world was wrong.

So much for the SIM only being used for LTE auth, eh? Of course, the people in both of these cases had no 4G (despite us being in a launched market), and just assumed there wasn't any...

You're telling me. I had two (separate) absolutely bizarre cases today that both arose from having the wrong SIM in the phone.

The first, a brother and sister, both with iPhone 5's, had at some point in the past swapped SIMs (mistakenly), which upon the iOS 7 update, caused one phone to activate as the other, and the other to not activate at all and display "invalid SIM". Whoops.

The second, everything on the phone worked, but after the iOS 7 upgrade, iMessage showed a strange, invalid phone number as the phone's "phone number", despite the rest of the device showing his normal one. Quick SIM swap, he was on his way. After, of course, twenty minutes of me banging my head on the table wondering what in the world was wrong.

So much for the SIM only being used for LTE auth, eh? Of course, the people in both of these cases had no 4G (despite us being in a launched market), and just assumed there wasn't any...

Sprint needed to get completely on the C-SIM bandwagon (which I hear they are finally starting to do) I don't think it's coincidence that the iPhone on the three carriers that actually utilize a SIM didn't have any problems with the iPhone 5 when it launched, but Sprint the last one to be stubborn and hold out had all kinds of problems. 

I do hear the 5S fully utilizes a SIM card now?? 

• Like 1