Sign in to follow this  
Handyman

I'm Baaaack

After "leaving" Sprint in 2013 for MVNO Republic Wireless, I'm officially back on Sprint, thanks to their 1freeyear promotion.

I must say, a lot has changed on Sprint's network since 2013!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Handyman said:

After "leaving" Sprint in 2013 for MVNO Republic Wireless, I'm officially back on Sprint, thanks to their 1freeyear promotion.

I must say, a lot has changed on Sprint's network since 2013!

:welc3:back

• Love 1

Sign in to follow this  

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Son not gonna give up that treasure trove of 2.5 spectrum for cheap, $12 per share minimum.  Gonna love my May 2018 calls!  Cha-ching! 
    • PRLs do not affect LTE connectivity — they are only for CDMA. What you are observing must be a coincidence. As Sprint and Open Mobile are still integrating their networks, Band 13 will probably come and go quite a few more times before you’ll be able to properly connect to it.  It’s hard to say. Although I may be wrong, I think that if the merger does goes through (which it may or may not), it will go through everywhere. 
    • Update: Did a PRL update (55069) and sightings of B13 using Signal Check Pro are less frequent know in my area. Before this latest PRL, I was able to see between 2-3 B13 signals everyday for the entire time that I had the app open but not anymore. There is a B13 in my area at -98 dBm that's constantly disappearing from Signal Check Pro. As for roaming charges when I was using Open Mobile, there are none and the roaming data allotment stills at zero. Two question for thought... If Sprint and T-Mobile merge, what could be the implications for PRWireless in Puerto Rico (Joint company between Sprint and Open Mobile)? Would the DOJ step in to prevent a 3 carrier merge in PR? Or would it go thru making a super telecom company in PR? Or maybe the DOJ allows the merge in the USA but not in PR... Lastly, could the rollout of Sprint VoLTE be affected in PR do to Open Mobile's equipment?
    • Why not link the the actual report instead of a 2nd hand telling of said report? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-sprint-corp-m-a-t-mobile-us-exclusive/exclusive-t-mobile-sprint-make-progress-aim-for-deal-next-week-sources-idUSKBN1HX3G6