Connection Lag When Making Phone Calls

I had this happen a couple times a few days ago. In fact it was 30 seconds of dead air before I just hung up and redialed the number, it went through fine the next time. I know I wasn't just not hearing a ringback tone, cuz the other parties VM would've picked up by the time I hung up if that were the case. 

Other then that my calls go through as soon as I hit dial, unless I have low signal of course. 

Hmm how do you do this...

Ok...I've spent a little bit of time reading online trying to understand better how all of this works.  Seem to have it working a bit better now, and here's what I did:

1.  Remove current Sprint and Google Voice integration.

2.  Setup my Sprint voicemail with a new passcode, etc in case I end up with any voicemails there.

3.  On Google Voice website, have it create a new Google Voice number for you that is NOT your Sprint mobile number.  Do NOT replace your mobile number with the GV number or replace your GV number with your Sprint number.  Leave them separate.

4.  On your phone, dial *28xxxxxxxxxx  where the xxx  is your new GV number, then press Talk.  This will forward all No Answer/Busy calls to your GV number.

Hopefully this should do it.  My outgoing calls are immediate.  I seem to get GV notifications.  However, I still occasionally miss some of the incoming test calls I made but I don't think it's GV related anymore.

There is some additional info here about Sprint Call Forwarding:  https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/101794

And make sure not to do Unconditional Call Forwarding because that will cost you $.20/min. and always send your calls to your GV number which is not what you want.  

Hopefully this will work better.  I guess I'll find out.

• 1 month later...

While the industry has seemingly standardized on VoLTE for the future, the demand for voice calls today has led LTE carriers to introduce CSFB as a stopgap measure. When placing or receiving a voice call, LTE handsets will fall back to old 2G or 3G networks for the duration of the call.This causes a delay. See Wikipedia ( 

LTE (telecommunication) Voice Calls