Airplane toggle gives 4g for a split second

shekyno6

Hey everyone, new to these forums so hello :)

I live down in South Florida (Boca Raton area) and I've been following the market thread for a while, but have yet to get a 4g signal. I've noticed that when I toggle airplane mode sometimes I'll get 4g with 2-3 bars for like 1-2 seconds then it jumps back to 3g (or even radio). Service has degraded the last 2-3 weeks so I'm guessing they're working on a tower but I wanted to see if you guys had any idea why I get 4g only for a brief moment then immediately go back to 3g.Thanks!

I live down in South Florida (Boca Raton area) and I've been following the market thread for a while, but have yet to get a 4g signal. I've noticed that when I toggle airplane mode sometimes I'll get 4g with 2-3 bars for like 1-2 seconds then it jumps back to 3g (or even radio). Service has degraded the last 2-3 weeks so I'm guessing they're working on a tower but I wanted to see if you guys had any idea why I get 4g only for a brief moment then immediately go back to 3g.Thanks!

Just so you know, the amount of signal bars you have does not represent how strong your lte connection is, the bars you see represents 1x. With that being said, the most obvious explanation would be that you are on the very outer edge of the range of an lte tower and the connection is just too weak to stay connected.

Consider getting SignalCheck Pro from Google Play - it has a reset button and signal strength meters, and will tell you clearly if you are actually getting LTE. It was written by an S4GRU member.