Galaxy Tab P1010 Getting CM9

pyroscott

Not sure if anyone else has the red-headed stepchild of the Galaxy Tab lineup, but MadTeam has started compiling a CM9 ROM for the 7" WiFi only version of the Galaxy tab. Samsung has pretty much deserted the P1010, bringing the rest of its GTab lineup to gingerbread or higher (although Samsung released a gingerbread OS for the european P1010 in January which works on the US version). The MadTeam development forum link is http://www.madteam.co/forum/development-73/ Their version of CM9 is still in development, but there are a lot of owners of the P1010 that have volunteered to test for them when they finish.

So if you have a P1010, you may want to find something else to stick under the table leg to level it up because it might actually be useful in the near future. Also, if you are looking for a cheap tablet running ICS, I bet you can find these things cheap, and the best thing is, they have probably barely been used...

Nice to see some additional outside support for this Tab. There were numerous people pleading on the forums for a dev to release ICS for it, glad that they can finally get their fix!

Nice to see some additional outside support for this Tab. There were numerous people pleading on the forums for a dev to release ICS for it, glad that they can finally get their fix!

I didn't even pay for my P1010 and I felt ripped off... LOL

• Like 1

This thing is a bear to root/rom. Thank God for the developers on the more popular devices, they make it so easy... I probably spent 6 hours messing with this thing, but I'm ready for CM9 when it is finished :lol: