Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Climbers on tower 161 and Cleveland Ave. Messing with the top tier antenna RRUs...them white thingys

That site should be NV Complete (not accepted) already. It has had RRHs and CABs for months. Maybe they're doing some maintenance on the legacy equipment.

I removed :) posted on other thread I'm sorry :(

No problem. Just wanted to make sure you didn't catch any flack.

This may have been covered already and I just missed it, but does anyone know what the story is with the LTE that's showing up in Reynoldsburg, specifically in the Broad and Lancaster area?  (Oh and the Taylor Rd/Firstgate area too)  It's showing up on Sensorly, but I can't connect to it.  (on an EVO 4G LTE)  I kinda remember someone mentioning a while back that Reynoldsburg was getting 2500 Mhz first (or is it 2600 Mhz?  Whatever)  Is that the case?  Or is this just stuff that's in test mode?  I've been waiting since June 2012 for LTE in my area, and now it's showing up, but I can't use it.  I am about to explode with happiness and frustration!

That's band 41 LTE and only accessible on a couple devices, yours isn't one of them. Sensorly doesn't differentiate between band 41 and the legacy LTE that your phone accesses that is the main crux of the current phase of Network Vision.

That's band 41 LTE and only accessible on a couple devices, yours isn't one of them. Sensorly doesn't differentiate between band 41 and the legacy LTE that your phone accesses that is the main crux of the current phase of Network Vision.

Thanks.

ajemu7yj.jpg.

This site has had 2 sets of new cabinets for a while.

Just started using tapatalk and this is my first photo! How do I get to the spreadsheet message board?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Just to clarify for you, the RRH's are already there. I spotted them months ago. You can see them on the third rung from the bottom. What they are working however is something that Lancaster has never had.....2500. That is very possible to have live in a few days the way that Sprint has been rushing that into existence. That's a golden find there!

Well maybe that's T-Mobile they're working on. I can't decide. I would say TMO for sure but they have one of those microwave links that Clear was using which is kinda throwing me off.

Yeah the downside is there is quite a bit of it that mapped that is pretty much useless in spots.  The very light purple I was getting like .53 down and maybe .11 up (please notice the decimal point).  Unfortunately it was still mapping it.  I guess the good news for me is inside my house I can get text and average 50 down and 16 up, no decimal point  :)   Um, but no phone calls of course  :(   It does only take about 2 seconds to switch the G2 back and forth to LTE only though.  Since my time warner only gets about 15 down and 5 up I leave it set on the LTE only a lot because who makes phone calls anyway now a days. 

Gosh I really mapped the crap out of that cemetery, eh?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just to clarify for you, the RRH's are already there. I spotted them months ago. You can see them on the third rung from the bottom. What they are working however is something that Lancaster has never had.....2500. That is very possible to have live in a few days the way that Sprint has been rushing that into existence. That's a golden find there!

Well maybe that's T-Mobile they're working on. I can't decide. I would say TMO for sure but they have one of those microwave links that Clear was using which is kinda throwing me off.

They were working on the bottom rung - you can barely see the two guys but they're in the picture above.  The other site in Lancaster (High Street) was getting 4 new NV panels.  I saw them close up, laying beautifully on the ground.  The panels at Main Street in Lancaster may have already been up before (not sure) but they were working on panels that looked the exact same to me.  I did not go up and talk to them and ask.  There are 4 cabinets at the Main Street location and the two had no fiber running up the pole when I looked last week (just a few feet of conduit sticking out with duck tape over the ends).  Maybe they were running the fiber up the pole.  I'll investigate tomorrow.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.  Hopefully we'll get some 1900 LTE around here soon.  I'd be crushed if my contract ran out in June and I never had any LTE the whole time.  

This may have been covered already and I just missed it, but does anyone know what the story is with the LTE that's showing up in Reynoldsburg, specifically in the Broad and Lancaster area?  (Oh and the Taylor Rd/Firstgate area too)  It's showing up on Sensorly, but I can't connect to it.  (on an EVO 4G LTE)  I kinda remember someone mentioning a while back that Reynoldsburg was getting 2500 Mhz first (or is it 2600 Mhz?  Whatever)  Is that the case?  Or is this just stuff that's in test mode?  I've been waiting since June 2012 for LTE in my area, and now it's showing up, but I can't use it.  I am about to explode with happiness and frustration!

I think the purple you see in Reynoldsburg is 2500MHz.  The darker clusters are around the Clearwire towers.  Since your Evo and my GS3 can't see that band, we can't connect.  Clearwire was the source of WiMax, which was running at that frequency.  So, with the WiMax gone, B41 or 2.5GHz is now taking over it. 

• Like 1

My report

Talked to the crew working on Main Street in Lancaster. He said 4 NV panels just went up yesterday on the bottom rung and it's "up and running now.". He said a Vietnamese guy usually comes by to inspect though and he said LTE would be on in a few days just like the other crew at High Street in Lancaster. But we all know what that means.

I also asked him why they used 4 cabinets when they only set up 4 panels and he said what we thought that it was a busy site. There are 6 roughed in conduit fiber lines but only 4 lines hooked up (3 from one cabinet and 1 from the other). He said they could add capacity later.

• Like 2

My report

Talked to the crew working on Main Street in Lancaster. He said 4 NV panels just went up yesterday on the bottom rung and it's "up and running now.". He said a Vietnamese guy usually comes by to inspect though and he said LTE would be on in a few days just like the other crew at High Street in Lancaster. But we all know what that means.

I also asked him why they used 4 cabinets when they only set up 4 panels and he said what we thought that it was a busy site. There are 6 roughed in conduit fiber lines but only 4 lines hooked up (3 from one cabinet and 1 from the other). He said they could add capacity later.

Interesting, it's always good to hear what the field guys are saying.  Even if we have to take it with a grain of salt.

Someone did some mapping on sensorly on OSU campus but I can't pick up the signal from those locations with my iPhone 5S. Could it be a different frequency or maybe it's sporadic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is unfortunately a Band 41 sighting.  Your iPhone is not capable of this band.  To note, that entire band / frequency is still undergoing quite a bit of testing and is not officially launched yet.  We have sites confirmed, but only using an LG G2 with LTE only mode.  Hope this helps.

This is unfortunately a Band 41 sighting. Your iPhone is not capable of this band. To note, that entire band / frequency is still undergoing quite a bit of testing and is not officially launched yet. We have sites confirmed, but only using an LG G2 with LTE only mode. Hope this helps.

Should we expect more bands in this location?

Should we expect more bands in this location?

Yes you should. Band 25 LTE (LTE1900) will launch there we think within the next 120 days. Band 26 (LTE800) may launch there as well. Your iPhone 5s is capable of both LTE1900 and LTE800.

• Like 2

Someone did some mapping on sensorly on OSU campus but I can't pick up the signal from those locations with my iPhone 5S. Could it be a different frequency or maybe it's sporadic?

I have an iPhone 5 and the only LTE I've gotten around OSU is back a bit off Kenny Road from a pretty distant tower.

I have an iPhone 5 and the only LTE I've gotten around OSU is back a bit off Kenny Road from a pretty distant tower.

He's referring to the Band 41 LTE2600 showing on Sensorly that has shown up recently on South Campus.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Hiding?

Figured since LG G2 is the only triband phone that can see it, even then with some tinkering, it's probably hiding.

Also, have you or anyone else been experiencing painfully slow speeds while on 3G?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Figured since LG G2 is the only triband phone that can see it, even then with some tinkering, it's probably hiding.

Also, have you or anyone else been experiencing painfully slow speeds while on 3G?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

S4T, S4Mini and I believe the Mega all have their Spark updates and access Band 41 without any tweaks.

The 3G network has become completely unable during the wake hours.