Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

So does anybody know if Clearwire/sprint has started shuttering WiMax sites and doing some 2.6 ghz work (i assume)  I'm noticing increased speeds on WiMax but also decreased coverage in areas around canal/pickerington/reynoldsburg which correclates to the NV work thats being done in the area.

The work that is being done with Clearwire is, that current WiMax sites are being converted to Clearwire WiMax/LTE sites. They're just swapping our RRHs and tuning them appropriately. If you're experiencing different WiMax coverage, it could just be a coincidence, could be they changed the down-tilt/direction of the antennas or could be where they're currently swapping our RRHs on the site. Adding 2.6 to Sprint NV sites (Not Clearwire Co-Locates) is not going to start until 2nd/3rd Qtr. of 2014 at the earliest.

Yeah my parents live right on 33 and Pickerington Rd, their service kind of sucks even with the tower being less than a mile away.I knew the hard hand offs would happen, but not for as long as they have been. It's been over a month now. I will be keeping my sprint account with 5 lines open, but my primary line is becoming Verizon because of a new job requiring it. I'm going to try out this AWS theyre rolling out and see if its any good :)

Well it will get better if they turn on the next set of towers into Columbus. But I don't see them doing that until the sites in Columbus are ready. It moves that barrier into a large segment of customers. Anywhere in canal if you force 800 with the PRL you should do ok. I live just north of your parents and when on 800 at home, my phone will sit on the cedar hill road tower. I clocked 2.3 m-bit on it from home at -98 dBm.
  • Like 1

I'm not certain that this is the correct place for this but I am a bit excited because I just noticed that my Sprint EVO 4G LTE now has "4G LTE" service in Lewis Center, Ohio!!!! The speeds are not quite up to Verizons LTE offering here (30+mbps) but I'm not complaining any. Here's a screen shot from a few minutes ago!

post-26333-0-90615300-1380908363_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrSykes
  • Like 1

I can handle taking and posting pics.  How do you get the screens you showed on an iphone?  Is there a separate app you're using?  

Fixed the link:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page-38?p=90231&do=findComment&comment=90231

I know others had issues with the IOS7 showing the entire number though.  Here's the fix if it truncates the number:

I discovered a work-around to get the Hex ID back on iOS 7. In Settings > General > Accessibility there is an option for "Bold Text"

Set this to "On" and after a reboot, the Hex ID is no longer truncated. Unfortunately, this also makes all the text in the entire OS bold. I've been setting this "On" before going LTE hunting, then turning it back off when I'm done.

and also put the signal number in the top left if you don't have it:

Ok.. maybe i can't upload/post pictures due to being a 'newbie' to the site?  No option to upload into my gallery, attach to this response, etc.

Physical cell ID 213

Download Frequency 8665

Freq Band Indicator 25

Download Bandwidth 5 MHz

Upload Frequency 26665

Cell Identity 140601088

Tracking Area Code 17168

UARFCN 8665

Ok.. maybe i can't upload/post pictures due to being a 'newbie' to the site? No option to upload into my gallery, attach to this response, etc.

Physical cell ID 213

Download Frequency 8665

Freq Band Indicator 25

Download Bandwidth 5 MHz

Upload Frequency 26665

Cell Identity 140601088

Tracking Area Code 17168

UARFCN 8665

Others use imgur.com, imageshack, Dropbox, etc to host pics. Thanks for punching in the numbers. I see that 213 on a site on the sheet but I am a other sure if that is close to you and the cell identity code is not filled out on the sheet to confirm. Might be the first LTE HEX ID to put on COZisBack's sheet.

• Like 1

Others use imgur.com, imageshack, Dropbox, etc to host pics. Thanks for punching in the numbers. I see that 213 on a site on the sheet but I am a other sure if that is close to you and the cell identity code is not filled out on the sheet to confirm. Might be the first LTE HEX ID to put on COZisBack's sheet.

I just upload from tapatalk, works great.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

The 213 tower that you are referring to is on the Southwest side of the market in Grove City.  I would think there is no way this could be the same tower.  How do the IDs work between towers again?

The 213 tower that you are referring to is on the Southwest side of the market in Grove City. I would think there is no way this could be the same tower. How do the IDs work between towers again?

In Samsung markets you just make up three numbers that aren't the same on two sites that a device could see both at the same time. This is the Physical Cell Identity.

For the GCI, they are numbered sequential in most cases by site ID. Some GMO's are skipped. The last two digits are the sector number when converted to HEX. Samsung seems to use 00, 01, 02 and these are unique in the system. Hence the name Global Cell Identity. Once enough of these are found COZisBack can figure them out before the site fires up.

• Like 1

The 213 tower that you are referring to is on the Southwest side of the market in Grove City. I would think there is no way this could be the same tower. How do the IDs work between towers again?

If he's in Lewis Center it's a new site. Some sites in our market share Serving Cell IDs but they're far enough away from each other to not cause interference.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

In Samsung markets you just make up three numbers that aren't the same on two sites that a device could see both at the same time. This is the Physical Cell Identity.

For the GCI, they are numbered sequential in most cases by site ID. Some GMO's are skipped. The last two digits are the sector number when converted to HEX. Samsung seems to use 00, 01, 02 and these are unique in the system. Hence the name Global Cell Identity. Once enough of these are found COZisBack can figure them out before the site fires up.

If he's in Lewis Center it's a new site. Some sites in our market share Serving Cell IDs but they're far enough away from each other to not cause interference.

Thanks for the thorough explanation.  As usual from you both.  Nothing like learning on a Friday night, :D.

• Like 1

Happy SATURDAY COLUMBUS! 3 LTE Accepts! Check here for more: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/. It does require being a sponsor!

• Like 2

Once we can confirm 213 is the site we think it is, we can add the HEX, the problem is, there are two sites within close distances of each other. 

This is still the difficult part, I'm attempting to decipher.

Picked up LTE at Toys R Us on Polaris. Bitchin speeds man.

Posted ImagePosted Image

And then again at SkyZone on Orange Point north of CBus

Posted Image

Posted Image

This information would be amazing if iOS7 didn't truncate the GCI.

Scroll up a few posts, I posted the fix from someone in the Iowa thread.

I seen that, but asking people to do that is a PITA. If they do it themselves, then great.

This information would be amazing if iOS7 didn't truncate the GCI.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

The skyline is probably less than 1 mile from my house. I would assume the info I posted is the same (untruncated)