Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Congratulations to amcferrin90 on winning the Columbus Market NV Hunt contest. A $50 donation has been made in your S4GRU.com name!!!

• Like 2

What's the problem?

Painfully slow data, lack of consistent voice coverage, waiting for lte like a child at Christmas who didn't quite get what they wanted yet. Lol. Pick one

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Painfully slow data, lack of consistent voice coverage, waiting for lte like a child at Christmas who didn't quite get what they wanted yet. Lol. Pick one

This^

Edited by Chowder

The NV Acceptance reports came out and Ohio wasn't even on the list. I know someday it'll be a day to remember but right now things are in drought mode when it comes to LTE in Ohio..

You're 2 days behind. Check the Ohio sponsor thread.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I think it's time for everybody to put on their big boy pants and realize that it's just gonna be a long time. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they have learned from other deployments and ours will be even better!

those pants have been awhile, but they now need washed !

I think it's time for everybody to put on their big boy pants and realize that it's just gonna be a long time. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they have learned from other deployments and ours will be even better!

You said big boy pants.

This^

Sucks none-the-less, but there is work being done.

I was kinda staring at the site map for Columbus. You can see it's starting to fill in. It looks like some information lacking for Upper Arlington north to Dublin, and again between New Albany and Reynoldsburg. Do we have any members that travel these areas that can take a few minutes and scout some towers? Just a few minutes is all it takes. I spent an hour one day and zoomed through Canal Winchester, Carroll to Rickenbacker. Other times I just changed my driving route to or from work, requiring only 10-15 extra minutes.

I'm guessing that 50-75% of the unchecked areas are probably ready in some form, just waiting on the rest. If that's the case, being that a lot of the surrounding Columbus areas are being completed (3G/1xA), more crews could get Columbus done faster. I can see some logic behind Cozisback's prediction about a 1/1 massive acceptance.

I was kinda staring at the site map for Columbus. You can see it's starting to fill in. It looks like some information lacking for Upper Arlington north to Dublin, and again between New Albany and Reynoldsburg. Do we have any members that travel these areas that can take a few minutes and scout some towers? Just a few minutes is all it takes. I spent an hour one day and zoomed through Canal Winchester, Carroll to Rickenbacker. Other times I just changed my driving route to or from work, requiring only 10-15 extra minutes.

I'm guessing that 50-75% of the unchecked areas are probably ready in some form, just waiting on the rest. If that's the case, being that a lot of the surrounding Columbus areas are being completed (3G/1xA), more crews could get Columbus done faster. I can see some logic behind Cozisback's prediction about a 1/1 massive acceptance.

I checked out UA in August. Didn't see much, but it has been over 30 days. Reason why you see them as "unchecked".

I live on the NW side (Kenny Rd and Henderson) and the towers around me still dont have the Samsung RRUs and antennas.

Bummer! 

Yeah, this is the one area inside the outerbelt that most of us haven't been checking out. Glad we have some eyes out there. We need this area to move forward soon  to launch Columbus 3G/800 in 2013.

New accepts. I'm going to start posting in the new thread I created which houses the maps and spreadsheet: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/?p=210547

I think I seen some guys running fiber to the site on Norton Road and Brandenberry. There was a truck there digging. The truck had a giant spool of cable on it and it was pretty close to the site. Not entirely sure though as I was only driving by. Couldn't stop was in a hurry. If anyone in that area has some time maybe you could swing by.

I think I seen some guys running fiber to the site on Norton Road and Brandenberry. There was a truck there digging. The truck had a giant spool of cable on it and it was pretty close to the site. Not entirely sure though as I was only driving by. Couldn't stop was in a hurry. If anyone in that area has some time maybe you could swing by.

Is Sprint the only carrier on that particular site?

Nevermind, it's Sprint/Clear co-location.

I'll try to check it out on my way home from work.  I was thinking about spotting a few other towers along Broad / Westgate area, so I'll try to hit that one as well.  Just don't have my DSLR with me, so we'll see how the iPhone 5S works out for these pics...

I'll try to check it out on my way home from work.  I was thinking about spotting a few other towers along Broad / Westgate area, so I'll try to hit that one as well.  Just don't have my DSLR with me, so we'll see how the iPhone 5S works out for these pics...

I think it will manage. ;) The Columbus Map has been updated if you need to check status as you go along.