Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

All I have to say is what a day... I haven't dropped so many calls in my life.  I dropped at least three into work from 161 to Westerville.  Dropped another half dozen on my way to Ohio University and dropped a solid 4-5 more on the way back directly to the house cutting thru the Pickerington area.  1X 800 cannot come soon enough.  That was brutal.  Talked to a Sprint rep just for the hell of it.  "Columbus market will be launched in 4-6 weeks, 6 weeks max."

Ha.  If he only knew as much as we do about the NV upgrades...

• Like 3

All I have to say is what a day... I haven't dropped so many calls in my life. I dropped at least three into work from 161 to Westerville. Dropped another half dozen on my way to Ohio University and dropped a solid 4-5 more on the way back directly to the house cutting thru the Pickerington area. 1X 800 cannot come soon enough. That was brutal. Talked to a Sprint rep just for the hell of it. "Columbus market will be launched in 4-6 weeks, 6 weeks max."

Ha. If he only knew as much as we do about the NV upgrades...

EGG-ZACK-LEE

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

cutting thru the Pickerington area.  1X 800 cannot come soon enough.  That was brutal.  T

You can't connect to Baltimore or Carroll from Pickerington? What part of Pickerington? I live a 1.5 miles due east of Meijer and with the 800 priority PRL I bounce between Baltimore, Carroll and Cedar Hill Rd. 

It looks like they've turned the panels on on the tower I posted the pic of.... got a new BSID that I've never seen before, and the NID is 214 instead of the usual 35. Engineering still says band class 1, so I'm guessing this is just a 3G tower now. Is it in any of the reports?

You can't connect to Baltimore or Carroll from Pickerington? What part of Pickerington? I live a 1.5 miles due east of Meijer and with the 800 priority PRL I bounce between Baltimore, Carroll and Cedar Hill Rd. 

I was on and off the phone also using navigation.  I'm wondering if that is why.  I thought you mentioned a couple of sites with 800 down there...  My phone usually has no problem hitting 1X800, so it must have been that.

This morning while driving across the middle of Alum Creek lake, I picked up LTE. I fired up sensorly and mapped along my route. I'll do more after work. If you look at the i71-36/37 intersection you'll see it.

Great find!  Were you able to get any screenshots of your connection / engineering screens?  I'll mark you down on the spreadsheet.

I don't know if this is of any significance at all, but on my travels the last 2 days (Around the east side) my eHRPD is gone and EV-DO is back...  I used to be on eHRPD most of the day when running round the east side (Very few hits of EV-DO)...  But the last 2 days it's all been nothing but EV-DO...

Locations Include:

Reynoldsburg: Brice @ 70, 256 @ 70, Livingston Ave, Main st (From end to end in Reys) and Broad St (again end to end)

Columbus:       Main st @ 270, Broad st at James rd, Hamilton rd from Livingston to refugee, Country Club area (43227)

Whitehall: From fairway to yearling both main/broad

Just thought I would throw that in...

• Like 1

I don't know if this is of any significance at all, but on my travels the last 2 days (Around the east side) my eHRPD is gone and EV-DO is back...  I used to be on eHRPD most of the day when running round the east side (Very few hits of EV-DO)...  But the last 2 days it's all been nothing but EV-DO...

Locations Include:

Reynoldsburg: Brice @ 70, 256 @ 70, Livingston Ave, Main st (From end to end in Reys) and Broad St (again end to end)

Columbus:       Main st @ 270, Broad st at James rd, Hamilton rd from Livingston to refugee, Country Club area (43227)

It's been mentioned that at times eHRPD will go down due to system issues so there is no way to determine the difference between NV testing/work and eHRPD being "broken" unfortunately.

Locations Include:

I know there have been a lot of dropped calls and really slow data. Those areas though have not had any base stations or antennas installed. You'll bounce betwen eHRPD and EV-DO all the time. Technically speaking, it wouldn't surprise me that with the Samsung equipment coming online that there's problems in the network causing the Motorola equipment to go all bat crazy. 

It's been mentioned that at times eHRPD will go down due to system issues so there is no way to determine the difference between NV testing/work and eHRPD being "broken" unfortunately.

That's disappointing but not surprising...  It caught me by surprise that the entire area went off eHRPD...  I've seen a site or two switch around, but not everything at once around here (at least not since they all starting pushing our eHRPD...)

Fingers crossed :frantic:

I'm assuming you've gotten them by now, but the Basil-Western and Longview St towers in Pickerington/Canal Winchester are on 1x800 now. It's nice going from -105 to -90 inside...

Now all that needs to happen is for the Basil-Western tower to have LTE...

• Like 2

Spreadsheet updated. Please allow 15 minutes before viewing Map otherwise, you'll be plagued with Red Dots instead of the correct bubbles.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you've gotten them by now, but the Basil-Western and Longview St towers in Pickerington/Canal Winchester are on 1x800 now. It's nice going from -105 to -90 inside...

Now all that needs to happen is for the Basil-Western tower to have LTE...

Do you have screenshots. I apologize but with 396 towers, I don't remember which is which without addresses.

With the recent great news of Accepted Sites I'm starting the Contest a Day early! Check back this evening for details on how to win! With the announcement of the contest will be launching of the New Columbus NV Map! ;)

• Like 2

Not sure if I'm sponsor side or not. Should be enough info for you and not enough to keep me out of trouble with Robert.

You found those already right?

You found those already right?

I have them memorized, well one of them. It means bye bye airave at home! I did look them up. I'll send it from the other side. I wouldn't be surprised if the South Brice Rd got turned over too.

• Like 2