Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Isn't GroveTucky considered SW?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I like to think that Galloway is the real and only southwest part of town... :-P

I have some good friends who live in GroveTucky and they don't fit that name at all... Or maybe it just shows something about me! Either way, it ain't no UA, that's for sure!

212 south of the tower

222 north of the tower.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The "212" makes no sense coming from that tower. It's the same as the SW sector of Stringtown/Jackson Pike. Maybe they're using the same IDs, but that's confusing as hell.

Serving Cell List updated:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1904-network-visionlte-columbus-market/page-68&do=findComment&comment=174644

I've also updated the facing direction of the sectors for Morse as well as Jackson Pike.

The "212" makes no sense coming from that tower. It's the same as the SW sector of Stringtown/Jackson Pike. Maybe they're using the same IDs, but that's confusing as hell.

As long as your phone can not "see" both of the sectors then you're good.  There's only 504 different physical cell identity in the LTE world so you have to reuse them at some point since most sites use 3.

• Like 1

Getting fringe connection of LTE on 71 nb, just north of 270 on the south side of columbus getting alert and connect briefly but then DC.

Think it's the 104 tower...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1375276055674.jpg

Getting fringe connection of LTE on 71 nb, just north of 270.getting alert and connect briefly but then DC.

Probably the Morse Rd tower.  Some people have reported connecting to it up there on occasion.

Probably the Morse Rd tower. Some people have reported connecting to it up there on occasion.

Made edit, south side of columbus...

Made edit, south side of columbus...

That is more than likey the Stringtown/Jackson Pike site. Grab LTE Engineering screens whenever you get a chance.

That is more than likey the Stringtown/Jackson Pike site. Grab LTE Engineering screens whenever you get a chance.

Tried but won't fully connect and now signal is gone...

I'm anxiously awaiting the I-270/Main St Tower LTE activation, I live about 900 Feet LOS from it, and data is still horrendous despite the recent upgrades, They have cabinets in, and they were running Fiber along Main St at 270 a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to go look to see if the backhaul is in yet or not...  Although they do seem to have the new panels in...  I'm kind of hoping they are doing a 4 sides activation of LTE then lighing up the rest (1 North Side, 1 South Side, 1 West Side and 1 East Side) since that might mean that main/270 tower gets some early LTE love...

More Westerville drama...

I still can't receive inbound voice. The only way I know someone called is if the voicemail indicator goes off. Pain in the arse.

Another call to Sprint and it appears two of the five towers in my area are offline again. ETA is now 2 Aug.

It's a good thing the bennies of this upgrade are going to be amazing or I would have switched service by now. I rely on my service too much for work to deal with this much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm anxiously awaiting the I-270/Main St Tower LTE activation, I live about 900 Feet LOS from it, and data is still horrendous despite the recent upgrades, They have cabinets in, and they were running Fiber along Main St at 270 a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to go look to see if the backhaul is in yet or not... Although they do seem to have the new panels in... I'm kind of hoping they are doing a 4 sides activation of LTE then lighing up the rest (1 North Side, 1 South Side, 1 West Side and 1 East Side) since that might mean that main/270 tower gets some early LTE love...

Which tower did you see fiber being ran to? There are several there in that vicinity.

Just a word of advice. If you enable Google Voice for your phone number, which is a free service through Sprint, you can recieve e-mail for every missed call. That's even if someone doesn't leave you a voicemail. That's the only way that I know I'm missing all these calls over the last week. It's extremeley important to me, I depend on my phone for work. If they give me some LTE here soon in Westerville I will forgive them though! :P

EDIT - my SMS messages also seem to be lagging several minutes behind 10+ mins in some cases.

Edited by quicksand jesus
  • Like 2

Which tower did you see fiber being ran to? There are several there in that vicinity.

Main St right at I-270 (it's right in the middle of the interchange there)  CDMA Field test app gives it a BSID of 209 & SID of 4418... 

They've been running fiber around this area since the beginning of July on both main and broad st right around 270 on the east side...  It's a 3rd party contractor (not TW or ATT branded trucks) but it's definitely fiber runs...

• Like 1

I can't wait until they update a cluster near me. There are places in my house that I can actually have my phone pointed in one direction and have it using one tower, and if I rotate the phone 180 degrees, it switches to another tower. :td:

• Like 1

Just a word of advice. If you enable Google Voice for your phone number, which is a free service through Sprint, you can recieve e-mail for every missed call. That's even if someone doesn't leave you a voicemail. That's the only way that I know I'm missing all these calls over the last week. It's extremeley important to me, I depend on my phone for work. If they give me some LTE here soon in Westerville I will forgive them though! :P

EDIT - my SMS messages also seem to be lagging several minutes behind 10+ mins in some cases.

I do use a google voice number for work and get those notifications. However, those that have my mobile use it vs the google voice number. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I can't wait until they update a cluster near me. There are places in my house that I can actually have my phone pointed in one direction and have it using one tower, and if I rotate the phone 180 degrees, it switches to another tower. :td:

I used to hate that when I worked up at Easton (at 31 Gifts warehouse) If I was in my office I was weakly on 1 tower but moving out onto the warehouse floor I would go dead until I picked up a different one...   Inside ametal building I know, but still, If I still worked at that sight I would be anxious for 800 to get some reliable signal indoors :lol:

I like to think that Galloway is the real and only southwest part of town... :-P

I have some good friends who live in GroveTucky and they don't fit that name at all... Or maybe it just shows something about me! Either way, it ain't no UA, that's for sure!

Speaking of Galloway, the Norton Road site has fiber ran into it now. Still nothing on the tower but more progress finally.

Speaking of Galloway, the Norton Road site has fiber ran into it now. Still nothing on the tower but more progress finally.

It sort of surprises me. I figured this would be one of the first towers with LTE. The pictures I took a couple months ago made me think the majority of the work was done there...except backhaul wasn't ran at that time.

I used to hate that when I worked up at Easton (at 31 Gifts warehouse) If I was in my office I was weakly on 1 tower but moving out onto the warehouse floor I would go dead until I picked up a different one...   Inside ametal building I know, but still, If I still worked at that sight I would be anxious for 800 to get some reliable signal indoors :lol:

I work in that immediate area (employer not mentioned intentionally). I bounce between two sites. One is the Morse Rd/Sunbury Rd site and the Hilton Easton site (hidden). They both have permits for work on them since 1st QTR. I CAN NOT wait until they fire up LTE 1900 on either of the two as my building has almost perfect LOS to both.

Main St right at I-270 (it's right in the middle of the interchange there)  CDMA Field test app gives it a BSID of 209 & SID of 4418... 

I didn't realize they ran fiber to that tower already. I know that it was ran to the tower on Main and Brice behind the Flowerama. No changes in speed has taken place though.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. When I am at work in Washington Court House, my phone bounces off of two towers depending . When I am home in Reynoldsburg, my phone bounces off of THREE towers which sometimes causes calls to drop during the peak times of the day.