Will the TEP interfear with my upgrade?

thelasthallow

Well i made a pretty hardcore rant about my phone and service but i guess it was to.....angry? so it got deleted. no problem no problem ill just keep this post straight to the point.

now on to the post!

Well to make the story short i broke my phone. i thought it was done for but i called the line holder and it turns out that recently they upgraded all lines with TEP and my phone was also covered. so i went ahead and filed my claim and paid $100 for a replacement phone (sanyo zio).

yeah i though $100 was alot but the phone has $150 towards an upgrade in 4 months so i was like CRAP will they take a broken phone? probbly not so i just went ahead and paid for the replacement.

So my main question is. will doing this interfear with my Upgrade?

Also i would like to note that i placed the order on the first of this month (sunday) and today (the 2nd) i have not recieved a tracking number for my phone and i dont think my credit card has been charged.

I would also like to note than on the sprint website it explicitly stated that the Sanyo Zio was not covered under TEP but when i called Asurion they said i would be able to get a replacement (so i placed my order)

so uhh i guess there is like 2 or 3 questions here. just awnser in any order if you can. thanks.

No. TEP is contracted out to asurion. It is separate and has no affect on upgrades.

Well i made a pretty hardcore rant about my phone and service but i guess it was to.....angry? so it got deleted. no problem no problem ill just keep this post straight to the point.

now on to the post!

Well to make the story short i broke my phone. i thought it was done for but i called the line holder and it turns out that recently they upgraded all lines with TEP and my phone was also covered. so i went ahead and filed my claim and paid $100 for a replacement phone (sanyo zio).

yeah i though $100 was alot but the phone has $150 towards an upgrade in 4 months so i was like CRAP will they take a broken phone? probbly not so i just went ahead and paid for the replacement.

Also i would like to note that i placed the order on the first of this month (sunday) and today (the 2nd) i have not recieved a tracking number for my phone and i dont think my credit card has been charged.

I would also like to note than on the sprint website it explicitly stated that the Sanyo Zio was not covered under TEP but when i called Asurion they said i would be able to get a replacement (so i placed my order)

so uhh i guess there is like 2 or 3 questions here. just awnser in any order if you can. thanks.

Yes i understand that but what about getting a different phone as a replacement? yes i know it will be the same model but it will not be the same phone i got at the end of 2010.

I think activation of the new/refurb phone may be a problem........

Yes i understand that but what about getting a different phone as a replacement? yes i know it will be the same model but it will not be the same phone i got at the end of 2010.

I think activation of the new/refurb phone may be a problem........

If they have the same phone available in stock (and they keep refurbs long after EOL in many cases), then you will get the same device. If they are out of stock, they will replace it with one they deem the best equitable or better device that they have in inventory.

Robert

If they have the same phone available in stock (and they keep refurbs long after EOL in many cases), then you will get the same device. If they are out of stock, they will replace it with one they deem the best equitable or better device that they have in inventory.

Robert

yes i do understand that all im saying is would i still get the $150 upgrade with a new two year contract even with this different phone?

yes i do understand that all im saying is would i still get the $150 upgrade with a new two year contract even with this different phone?

*sigh*

Yes, Dannible told you that above. An insurance claim does not affect upgrades at all.

Since your questions have been answered, I am closing this thread.

Robert

• Like 1