Roaming

kckid

I was in southern Missouri this weekend on a canoe trip. The only service that was available was from Alltel. When are you charged for roaming and how do you know if you will be charged for roaming? I thought must carriers in the US had agreements that allowed other carriers to use their network.

A friend I was with said he was roaming in GA and got a pretty expensive bill. He is also a sprint customer.

Thanks

I was in southern Missouri this weekend on a canoe trip. The only service that was available was from Alltel. When are you charged for roaming and how do you know if you will be charged for roaming? I thought must carriers in the US had agreements that allowed other carriers to use their network.

A friend I was with said he was roaming in GA and got a pretty expensive bill. He is also a sprint customer.

Thanks

No charge unless you go over your minutes. Your minutes are deducted only when roaming and or calling a landline. For example, you have a 450 minute voice plan. If you roam and use 400 minutes then stop roaming and come back into sprint native coverage then call a land line for 100 minutes you will go 50 minutes over your allowance and will be charged accordingly.

As another example, if you talk for 800 minutes to another cell phone on a different network in the US and call a land line for 60 minutes on the weekend while on the native sprint network, no minutes will be deducted as Sprint does not count mobile to mobile or any call on the weekend or after 7 pm against your minutes so long as you aren't roaming.

No matter who you call or when while roaming the minutes count against your allowance.

As far as data goes you won't be charged for it, however Sprint has a 300 mb soft limit which you can go over. However, it is unwise to frequently go over this limit or go over it by a significant amount as Sprint could terminate your service.

With regards to texting. It's all unlimited in every way. No overages whatsoever.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1