sprint 3g and more

gr8nuguy

Sprint latest coverage map under "Sprint 3g and more"  now shows alot more of "Off-network roaming". Especially in Nebraska and iowa and northern montanna. A few months ago in the kansas portion of this same map it started to show up as "native coverage" on phones themselves. Has anyone been to these new areas of the 3g and more area under "off network roaming" and see if the phoine shows it as native? (PRL update likely required)

• Like 2

Staff discovered the roaming map coverage change about an hour ago.  We are investigating.  So, let us table any discussion until later tonight.

AJ

• Like 8

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• It is an Android bug that was reportedly fixed in August 2023 but definitely has not been. I have implemented numerous workarounds in SCP to correct the NR bands the app displays. The OS ignores the possibility that many NR-ARFCNs are valid across multiple bands.. it reports the lowest NR band that is valid for the current ARFCN. In your example, channel 432530 can be n1, n65, or n66.. so the OS just (lazily) reports n1.   Awesome, thanks! I will add an n65 override also.
    • Yeah both of those instances were on my AT&T s22 ultra. Seems ro be working as intended today in latest release.
    • Interesting, I saw this too on my AT&T S22 while roaming on US Cellular. I thought it was an Android bug since CellMapper was doing the same thing (didn't get a screenshot of that one). N66 makes more sense than N1. 
    • Thanks, that was good timing, I did see your report as I was buttoning up this latest update and added an override for that.. did it not work?   Ok, was that on AT&T also? Please send a report if you happen to see it again and safely have the opportunity. You can always do the long-press on the fly and then send a later one with an explanation pointing to the earlier one.. your username is attached to the long-press reports, so it's not an issue.
    • I sent a report in earlier, n66 reporting as n1. There should be two different reports, I couldn't find the button the first time so I just long pressed the connection type to send, then I remembered where it was. I put a note about the issue on the 2nd report. Both reports from me are for the same issue. Also, it might have been on a prior release but earlier this week I also saw n66 reported as n65 on the app. I was driving and wasn't able to send a report in for that one.