Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Music talk.! They release singles before giving us the whole album. BTW ...I drove out to Rohr rd last night. It's dark dangerous and mostly industry. I'm thinking to myself this area doesn't have Digital cable yet so why would Sprint push LTE in it before downtown and my side of town? Weird

Music talk.! They release singles before giving us the whole album. BTW ...I drove out to Rohr rd last night. It's dark dangerous and mostly industry. I'm thinking to myself this area doesn't have Digital cable yet so why would Sprint push LTE in it before downtown and my side of town? Weird

Sprint have been completing sites that they can 3G and 1x800 activate first. Data is nice but better voice is what matters most. Due to Legacy to NV handoff issues our market is being worked from outside to inside.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Hello everyone. 

I'm new to this, but I've been following this thread for quite some time.  I was out in Newark yesterday, I take Broad St from Reynoldsburg, through Pataskala and Granville into Newark, and I've heard that there was LTE in Granville, but was never able to pick it up until last night.  I ran Sensorly on my way back to Reynoldsburg, following the same route, and got some mapping done.  Hope it helps.

• Like 2

Hello everyone. 

I'm new to this, but I've been following this thread for quite some time.  I was out in Newark yesterday, I take Broad St from Reynoldsburg, through Pataskala and Granville into Newark, and I've heard that there was LTE in Granville, but was never able to pick it up until last night.  I ran Sensorly on my way back to Reynoldsburg, following the same route, and got some mapping done.  Hope it helps.

Officially :welcome: to S4GRU.com Any mapping helps. You may not have been able to pick up LTE from Granville due to either one of two reasons. First, if you had Sensorly running prior to getting to Granville your phone was probably on a data call and never switched off of 3G (Think a telephone call before Call Waiting was invented). Second, due to terrain and/or the direction the antennas are pointing, you may not have picked up that signal.

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this, but I've been following this thread for quite some time. I was out in Newark yesterday, I take Broad St from Reynoldsburg, through Pataskala and Granville into Newark, and I've heard that there was LTE in Granville, but was never able to pick it up until last night. I ran Sensorly on my way back to Reynoldsburg, following the same route, and got some mapping done. Hope it helps.

Welcome and appreciate any and all reports and mapping. Just stay out of my area(Granville) B)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Officially :welcome: to S4GRU.com Any mapping helps. You may not have been able to pick up LTE from Granville due to either one of two reasons. First, if you had Sensorly running prior to getting to Granville your phone was probably on a data call and never switched off of 3G (Think a telephone call before Call Waiting was invented). Second, due to terrain and/or the direction the antennas are pointing, you may not have picked up that signal.

Welcome and appreciate any and all reports and mapping. Just stay out of my area(Granville) B)

Thank you, all.  When I was driving to Newark, I had my online radio app playing and all of the sudden it stopped, so I looked on my phone and I saw it changed to 4G, which then prompted me to run sensorly on the way back.  I travel that route weekly and sometimes go to Utica, through Pataskala and Johnstown. 

It was interesting to note that on the way back to Columbus, my phone didn't switch to LTE in the same spot that it lost the connection on route 16, by the Church St exit.  I had sensory running, so I guess it decided to use what it had, but I did get 4G once I passed Cherry Valley Rd.  Perhaps, the signal wasn't strong enough for it to pick up, as terrain on the way back blocks the Granville tower.

• Like 1

Thank you, all. When I was driving to Newark, I had my online radio app playing and all of the sudden it stopped, so I looked on my phone and I saw it changed to 4G, which then prompted me to run sensorly on the way back. I travel that route weekly and sometimes go to Utica, through Pataskala and Johnstown.

It was interesting to note that on the way back to Columbus, my phone didn't switch to LTE in the same spot that it lost the connection on route 16, by the Church St exit. I had sensory running, so I guess it decided to use what it had, but I did get 4G once I passed Cherry Valley Rd. Perhaps, the signal wasn't strong enough for it to pick up, as terrain on the way back blocks the Granville tower.

I've never picked it up at church St, what phone you using?

If you make a donation, you can join us on the other forums and get much more information (just food for thought when you can spare a few dollars, anything helps).

If you make a donation, you can join us on the other forums and get much more information (just food for thought when you can spare a few dollars, anything helps).

I'll definitely consider it.  I ran a speed test within sensorly and got 4.45 up and down with 187ms in latency.  I did the test once I was on 16 just pass the Owens Corning.

I'll definitely consider it.  I ran a speed test within sensorly and got 4.45 up and down with 187ms in latency.  I did the test once I was on 16 just pass the Owens Corning.

Just a heads up, Sensorly has horrible speedtest servers. OOKLA Speedtest performs better and provides more accurate results.

Just a heads up, Sensorly has horrible speedtest servers. OOKLA Speedtest performs better and provides more accurate results.

I have noticed that, but I had to reset my phone and didn't install the OOKLA one.  I do get better results with OOKLA, but I had to use what I had available since I was driving. *shhh* don't tell anyone.

• Like 1

70 and James rd area...bad. I see mad towers in the area within a mile or 2 apart. One has to be Sprints which. I'm thinking has to be getting an upgrade with voice.

Neither are Sprint's in that immediate area.

Hope whichever tower is close gets an upgrade and will reach this area

RRHs have been reported at 1 of two locations and both have cabinets.

I know you've heard this before, but if you have extra funds to spare, a donation to S4GRU will give you the ability to see exactly what I'm talking about. Consider it and thanks for you time.

70 and James rd area...bad. I see mad towers in the area within a mile or 2 apart. One has to be Sprints which. I'm thinking has to be getting an upgrade with voice.

The ugly light blue tower with wires strapped to it just east of James on the south side of 70 has Sprint on it and had the base cabs and RRHs for a few weeks now. Most likely the cells in the Columbus area that aren't active on NV will probably sit idle until the inner areas are ready. This is because of the handoff issue a lot of us know about. I could see 800 being turned on, groups of phone PRL'd over to 800 and then 3G switched over en masse, maybe. 

But as usual, any changes in the market makes all the cells, old and new, go wonky with slow or non-existent data service and sometimes dropped calls. With five LTE activations in the market, I would expect wonky with a 50% chance of glitchy.

• Like 1

Want to thank COZisBack, Digiblur and whoever else contributed to the spreadsheet.  I've been creeping on this site for the last few months for NV updates and decided to finally make a donation.  Well worth the cost!  Thanks guys!!!

You're welcome sir! And want to officially :welcome: you to S4GRU.com. Glad you decided to join and become a Sponsor. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm usually over in the Map/Spreadsheet Forum. :secret:

Anyone get a forced service update? Mine did, on 25016 prl?

Is that the current prl?

that happened to me but it is the same and also current prl

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Anyone get a forced service update? Mine did, on 25016 prl?

Is that the current prl?

I'm still running my custom PRL, but 25016 is the latest National PRL as of October 1st.

Check the below link for more info:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4085-current-sprint-prls/