Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

Any word about network vision and Salt Lake City, 3G or 4G LTE? im expecting the EVO 4G LTE this week sometime and im giving sprint a year to improve there coverage here before i jump ship.

Any word about network vision and Salt Lake City, 3G or 4G LTE? im expecting the EVO 4G LTE this week sometime and im giving sprint a year to improve there coverage here before i jump ship.

No word yet on Salt Lake City but my prediction is that it will be in the third round. I expect to see the mid tier cities get Network Vision love in the third round like Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Denver, Pittsburgh, etc. You can see the current announced markets for the first and second rounds by S4GRU here

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

No word yet on Salt Lake City but my prediction is that it will be in the third round. I expect to see the mid tier cities get Network Vision love in the third round like Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Denver, Pittsburgh, etc. You can see the current announced markets for the first and second rounds by S4GRU here

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Educated time frame?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Bummer so pretty much spring of 2013......oh well, hopefully the wait is worth it or it will be a major let down.

From what has been seen so far, Network Vision will not be a let down at all. It is well worth the wait.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not willing to claim any quarter yet for any 2013 markets. I will not claim that Sprint will start NV in SLC in Spring 2013. Sprint currently shows a 3rd Round and a 4th Round, which is roughly starts in the first half and second half of the year.

Sprint has not broken down 2013 markets yet into a detailed schedule, or even into quarters. Anyone giving specific date info on 2013 markets is just guessing at this point. I do not anticipate 2013 schedules until the Fall.

Robert

• 1 month later...

I've looked at the post:

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List

It's not looking very good for the Salt Lake City, Utah metro area.

Any idea on whether we're being considered for maybe 2014 or l8r?

Also, someone ought to tell the local Salt Lake Sprint locations to not be so optimistic about early deployment.

Thanks,

Deflated R0axet :(

Edited by r0axet

Network Vision is scheduled to begin in the Utah market in 2013. We will probably not see any detailed schedules for 2013 markets until some time in the Fall. As noted above, all markets should be started before the end of 2013, finishing up by April 2014.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I've looked at the post:

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List

It's not looking very good for the Salt Lake City, Utah metro area.

Any idea on whether we're being considered for maybe 2014 or l8r?

Also, someone ought to tell the local Salt Lake Sprint locations to not be so optimistic about early deployment.

Thanks,

Deflated R0axet :(

I am sorry but why the heck do you assume Salt Lake City is slated for a 2014 start? The thread you are referring to goes up to June 2013 only. I am pretty sure Salt Lake City is a 3rd round market since its the largest city in Utah.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Now that I am working in Salt Lake City temporarily, I would love to see Network Vision here in 2013. I just wish we had more info on 3rd round markets past June 2013. Hopefully Salt Lake City will be on there.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know for certain if SLC is indeed a 3rd round market for LTE? If so, can I expect LTE mid 2013? My original EVO has served me well, but it is on it's last leg. The wimax in SLC is awesome, however, the 3g is TERRIBLE. I get 0.10 Mbps up, 0.37 Mbps down. Anyway, would love to pick up a Note II or iphone 5 but with those speeds, I'm better off limping along on my EVO.

Thanks Much!

Does anyone know for certain if SLC is indeed a 3rd round market for LTE? If so, can I expect LTE mid 2013? My original EVO has served me well, but it is on it's last leg. The wimax in SLC is awesome, however, the 3g is TERRIBLE. I get 0.10 Mbps up, 0.37 Mbps down. Anyway, would love to pick up a Note II or iphone 5 but with those speeds, I'm better off limping along on my EVO.

Thanks Much!

There is too much shifting in Sprint's deployment strategy in the remaining markets to say definitively at this point how the Utah market will shake out. However, all remaining markets should be started by Mid 2013. So either SLC will be we underway or starting by mid year.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Thanks for your input Robert. Looks like a used SGII may be in order, to get me through.

If you depend on WiMax, that's probably the way to go. Or you can get a really cheap WiMax hotspot and upgrade to a LTE device now.

If you depend on WiMax, that's probably the way to go. Or you can get a really cheap WiMax hotspot and upgrade to a LTE device now.

The Freedompop hotspot offers some free 500 MB Wimax data and you can pay a small amount for different data buckets too. If I were to upgrade to a device now and wanted Wimax coverage, I would get the LTE phone and the Freedompop hotspot and take the free 500 MB of Wimax data and use the Wimax only when I need to.

The Wimax coverage in Salt Lake City is pretty good up here. I am glad I can still use my Wimax phone. But the improvement in 3G speeds is desperately needed in Salt Lake City so I hope NV comes here soon.

• 2 weeks later...

The epic 4g touch is still a good phone & can probably be found off contract on the cheap, buy it for now and save the upgrade for the next round of phones that support LTE 800Mhz.

The epic 4g touch is still a good phone & can probably be found off contract on the cheap, buy it for now and save the upgrade for the next round of phones that support LTE 800Mhz.

A good E4GT phone with a good ESN can be found for around $190-230 and can be found for as low as $160-180 if you look hard enough. It's still a great phone and is slated to get a JB update which incorporates many of the features of the GS3 / GN2. It's been through so much 'sob sob'.. 2.3.4...2.3.6...4.0.1..4.0.2..4.0.3... 4.0.4 .. 4.1... 4.1.1 .. 4.1.2 (counting the 30+ ICS / JB leaks). If you have great existing wimax coverage and LTE is still slated to begin months away then go for it. It's still a fine medium end phone by todays standard and still has a beast of a SoC chipset / GPU (Exynos 4210 + mali gpu).

Lets hope the LTE phones in 2013 support the 800 MHz band. There is no excuse now that the 800 MHz band has been approved by the FCC. Im looking to upgrade to a LTE phone in 2013.

One thing that might happen if you get a new contract wimax phone today....

Theres a good chance sprint will let you upgrade to lte early. Not guaranteed of course, but thats what carriers do when they want to shift people off one network to another.

Verizon, for example, is at this point pretty much paying people to dump their altel plans.

One thing that might happen if you get a new contract wimax phone today....

Theres a good chance sprint will let you upgrade to lte early. Not guaranteed of course, but thats what carriers do when they want to shift people off one network to another.

Verizon, for example, is at this point pretty much paying people to dump their altel plans.

I highly doubt that will happen since Wimax is not planning to be shut down until 2015. Sprint plans to stop selling Wimax phones beginning Jan 2013. Dec 2012 is the last time you can sign up for a Wimax phone on Sprint with a 2 year contract and that customer is eligible for an upgrade in Oct 2014. The Wimax phones will then be only be sold on Virgin and Boost Mobile.

Honestly I think deep down Sprint is hoping no one buys anymore Wimax phones and instead opt for LTE phones so it can try to stop paying Clearwire for its service just like how Sprint is trying to discourage Nextel customers for staying on iDEN by adding a $10 charge starting Jan 2013.

• 4 weeks later...