CLOSED FOR ENTRY--Just in time for Christmas Raffle...enter to win a new 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (White)

S4GRU

gallery_1_23_41858.jpg

CLOSED!!!
DRAWING AT 10 PM EASTERN TONIGHT!!!

LIMITED TIME PROMOTION!!!  YOU COULD POSSIBLY WIN A NEW 64GB SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 5 IF YOU DONATE TO SUPPORT S4GRU

The Goal

The goal is to have some fun and possibly raise some money to support S4GRU.  With a $10 or greater donation to S4GRU you can be entered to win a brand new White Pearl 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 5 designed for Sprint's new LTE Plus network with blazing speeds up to 150Mbps.  

The Plan

If we are able to raise at least as much as the device costs us, we will add any additional proceeds to the S4GRU general fund to help support the site financially.  If we can't raise enough, we may cancel the project and offer to refund everyone their money.  But fortunately this device was donated to S4GRU for half cost by a generous member.  It is brand new, never activated and unopened.  NOTE:  The raffle is fully funded.

The Raffle

Each donation to the JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS PROMO will receive a range of numbers, equating to one number for every dollar you donate.  The minimum donation to the cause is $10.  If you donate $10, you get a range of 10 numbers.  If you donate $100, you get a range of 100 numbers.  The more you donate, the greater your chances of winning.  There is no limit to the amount you can donate...in amount or frequency.  But it needs to be at least $10 per donation to the CHRISTMAS PROMO.

You will receive a Private Message from S4GRU giving you your numbers after your donation.  Most likely within 8-12 hours, but could take a day or two.

We will stop accepting donations at 8 PM Eastern on Tuesday, December 15th (5 PM Pacific Time).  Any donations received after that time will not be counted toward this promotion.  I will announce when we will hold the drawing...we will do it in a live chat setting.  Date and time to be announced.  We will select a number at random using my random number generator app in my OnePlus 2.  You do not need to be present in the live chat to win.

All money donated to the raffle will be credited to your S4GRU accumulation total and will count toward future upgrades.  If you are not currently a S4GRU Sponsor, you will be given Sponsor status for six months with the minimum $10 raffle donation.

To Enter

Go to the S4GRU PayPal Donation page by clicking on this hyperlink or by going to the S4GRU Main Forums Page and clicking the donate button in the upper right hand corner.  Enter an amount you want to donate for this promotion, minimum $10.  In the notes section, tell us your screen name and type CHRISTMAS PROMO.  If you forget to do that in the PayPal donation, then send me a Message.  You will get a message response giving you your raffle numbers by 10 PM Eastern on 12/15/2015.  If you don't get them, message me.

Rules

S4GRU Membership is not required to enter.  S4GRU Staff Members and their families are ineligible to win.  Contest Winner will receive a 64GB Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in White Pearl color designed for use on the Sprint network.  S4GRU cannot guarantee that the device can be unlocked and the device may not be operable on another network other than Sprint.  We cannot guarantee that the device can be activated on a Sprint MVNO or Sprint Prepaid.  Dollars spent on the promotion will count toward future upgrades.  There is no cash value of the prize.  S4GRU will pay the shipping costs to the winner.   The winner may need to purchase a SIM card.  Winner is responsible for any activation fees or service. Other limitations may occur.  No insurance or device protection plan to be provided.  Pre-scheduled automatic recurring payments to S4GRU during the contest period will not be eligible for entry in the contest.  This contest is void where prohibited.  The contest may be subject to amendment or cancellation as necessary.

• Like 2

Ha I keep trying Sprint in my area but its only been decent in the city and larger township. I live in a smaller one JUST outside lte. T-Mobile oddly seems to launch everything here first. We have lte on band 2,4, and 12. Hopefully, Sprint is next! I need more bandwidth [emoji14]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ha I keep trying Sprint in my area but its only been decent in the city and larger township. I live in a smaller one JUST outside lte. T-Mobile oddly seems to launch everything here first. We have lte on band 2,4, and 12. Hopefully, Sprint is next! I need more bandwidth [emoji14]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Best thing to do is have anyone with Sprint to keep using the Sprintzone app to report not getting service. The more that report there higher the changes a new tower goes up

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Best thing to do is have anyone with Sprint to keep using the Sprintzone app to report not getting service. The more that report there higher the changes a new tower goes up

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I did when I had Sprint. It really was unbearable where I live. I could never hear anyone on a call. I do hope to go back at some point tho. Their pricing is awesome for unlimited.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

How much more do we need? @s4gry

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

As of today, about $200 more to have it be fully funded, including shipping and taxes.

Robert

Wonder how much is left to go?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

We have about $120 left to be fully funded.  Hopefully we can far surpass even that.  We need to make some money for the site.  I'm really surprised this one hasn't taken off.  If you've been waiting to join this one, it's now time to enter.  And if you have already entered, you can increase your chances further by entering again.

Robert

Just gave $30, so it is down to $90 or less to be fully funded.

edit: Are these donations tax deducible if you itemize? (I think so, but not certain)

Edited by dkyeager
  • Like 1

Just gave $30, so it is down to $90 or less to be fully funded.

edit: Are these donations tax deducible if you itemize? (I think so, but not certain)

No, these are not tax deductible. We are not a legal non profit organization. Our revenues are just hundreds of dollars a month. We don't have paid employees. We have never bothered to try to organize into a legal entity. It's not worth the trouble on our end to manage it that way. S4GRU is an extremely lean organization.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

We have about $120 left to be fully funded.  Hopefully we can far surpass even that.  We need to make some money for the site.  I'm really surprised this one hasn't taken off.  If you've been waiting to join this one, it's now time to enter.  And if you have already entered, you can increase your chances further by entering again.

Robert

You should make the raffles a frontpage wall post, frankly I stumble upon this raffle by accident

• Like 3