iPhone 6S/6S Plus/6C Rumor Thread

MacinJosh

It makes me consider waiting for 2017.  I have heard that the "S" will have 2CA, which is great.   3CA could be in the 2017 models.  I know CA will depend on Sprint.  At the rate Sprint is progressing with upgrades, 3CA would possibly start rolling out in the fall of 2017, correct?

I would assume it would be quick. Sprint really needs to start competing with speed. It has the capacity to do so, so that should be the year they make it to fastest network in the country.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk 2.0

It makes me consider waiting for 2017.  I have heard that the "S" will have 2CA, which is great.   3CA could be in the 2017 models.  I know CA will depend on Sprint.  At the rate Sprint is progressing with upgrades, 3CA would possibly start rolling out in the fall of 2017, correct?

If 3x CA is going to roll out in fall 2017, I would be willing to bet it won't be supported in the iPhone until the next model (2018). Apple seems to have the radio features from the previous year added instead of offering bleeding edge stuff. 

If 3x CA is going to roll out in fall 2017, I would be willing to bet it won't be supported in the iPhone until the next model (2018). Apple seems to have the radio features from the previous year added instead of offering bleeding edge stuff.

It's all a numbers game with Apple and their supply chain. If they went bleeding edge chipsets and Qualcomm hit production snags, that's introducing too much risk and uncertainty.

Edit: also, margins. iPhone is Apple's cash cow, so if they can squeeze an extra $2-4 out of their BOM, that's padding the bottom line.

• Like 2

It's all a numbers game with Apple and their supply chain. If they went bleeding edge chipsets and Qualcomm hit production snags, that's introducing too much risk and uncertainty.

Definitely. Other manufacturers seem to do fine with it, but if Apple doesn't want to take the risk then they shouldn't. The problem with holding out for the next phone, is the next best thing will always be coming out next year. I just wouldn't bank on any brand new radio features when the new iPhone launches every year.

• Like 1

After 3x CA will there be much more that Sprint would change on their phone variants? After 2017 most Sprint phones should be future proof...

Maybe a 600 MHz band to add.

After 3x CA will there be much more that Sprint would change on their phone variants? After 2017 most Sprint phones should be future proof...

Maybe a 600 MHz band to add.

Yep. Still need a hardware addition for 2xB41 CA uplink.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

If a second Carrier Aggregation is out now (2015) doesn't that means that devices having a 3x will come out in 2016. I think the most likely scenario in 2017 is carrier aggregation on the TDD and FDD bands. As marcelo mentioned in the earning call those devices will be out two years from now.

Edit: also, margins. iPhone is Apple's cash cow, so if they can squeeze an extra $2-4 out of their BOM, that's padding the bottom line.

Hopefully by then Apple will build their own chipsets in house instead of outsourcing.  Hell, they have enough cash resources to do so... Imagine what the margin would be then...

• Like 1

What do you guys think of the possibility of this iPhone packing the Apple SIM that lets you choose a carrier? 

Its about time.

Another rumor...  Looks like the 16GB model will be replaced with 32GB...

http://www.businessinsider.com/apples-iphone-6s-rumors-2015-7

Its about time.

I would love a single-sku iPhone for all providers, paired with the Apple Sim. One phone, one sim, end the confusion about compatibility once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 8

Does anyone have any information on the specs for the A9 chip?  Besides speed, I believe that I have read that it will take less power to operate.

Assuming that it will be built on a smaller/more efficient manufacturing process (which from everything that I have read, it will be), then it should be more effiecient than the A8. I would say at least 10-15% better effieciency.

-Anthony

Assuming that it will be built on a smaller/more efficient manufacturing process (which from everything that I have read, it will be), then it should be more effiecient than the A8. I would say at least 10-15% better effieciency.

-Anthony

Hope this is true.  It would be nice to have another 10% in battery life.

• Like 1

I think phone manufacturers are steering away from the fundamentals of what makes a phone, well, a great phone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just make the battery bigger, add carrier aggregation, and make the damn phone have incredibly strong antennas. I would buy on those upgrades alone. I want people to drool over the RF performance like they once did for the nexus 5.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• Like 3

MacRumors has a great summary page for all rumors regarding the 6S.

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-6s/

Read some rumors on GottaBeMobile this morning and they are discussing the release date. 

"The iPhone 6s Plus launch date isn't confirmed but it's probably only a few weeks away. Apple's last three iPhone launches all came during the month of September and with an iOS 9 release confirmed for the fall, there's a very good chance that the iPhone 6s launch date will arrive sometime in and around the start of fall (September 23rd). That means September."

How many times can you say the launch date will most likely be September in 60 words or less?

• Like 2