HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I'm a little leery of rooting now with the issues that it may cause with the secure element. I know you're supposed to clear the Google Wallet settings before flashing but all it takes is forgetting one time and your secure element is toasted and unrecoverable. At least as far as I have read.

I'm a little leery of rooting now with the issues that it may cause with the secure element. I know you're supposed to clear the Google Wallet settings before flashing but all it takes is forgetting one time and your secure element is toasted and unrecoverable. At least as far as I have read.

What's proper procedure?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Do what??? I've rooted my GNex and run der Google Wallet. What's this now?

Robert

...run der Google Wallet.

Did I accidentally click the German language version of S4GRU???

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Did I accidentally click the German language version of S4GRU???

;)

AJ

In my verbal communication, I often use "der" and "das" to the non amusement of my friends and family. It's a horribly annoying habit.

Robert

• Like 2

Do what??? I've rooted my GNex and run der Google Wallet. What's this now?

Robert

Das problem ist dies Herr; from what I have read, if you flash something without first clearing Google Wallet data it borks the secure element and then Google Wallet will no longer work. If you root and or flash before you setup Google Wallet then you should be good but once you're rooted you need to clear Google Wallet data each time before you flash.

Not sure if this is an issue on the Nexus or only on the New Evo with the updated Wallet App.

• Like 1

Das problem ist dies Herr; from what I have read, if you flash something without first clearing Google Wallet data it borks the secure element and then Google Wallet will no longer work. If you root and or flash before you setup Google Wallet then you should be good but once you're rooted you need to clear Google Wallet data each time before you flash.

Not sure if this is an issue on the Nexus or only on the New Evo with the updated Wallet App.

OK. I set up Google Wallet after rooting. Thanks for the info.

Robert

Oh yeah, that's the other issue I have. I have not been able to successfully add a card to my Google wallet.

You can only add a Google Wallet Pre-Paid MasterCard or a Citi MasterCard. The Google Wallet debit card is just a virtual card that you load with funds. Very easy to set up.,

Robert

So, do I have to purchase a Google prepaid card from somewhere else? I was under the impression that I sign into Google Wallet, and I can purchase/fund the Google prepaid through the app, only when I click on Google Prepaid Card to start the process, it hangs and never goes any further.

So, do I have to purchase a Google prepaid card from somewhere else? I was under the impression that I sign into Google Wallet, and I can purchase/fund the Google prepaid through the app, only when I click on Google Prepaid Card to start the process, it hangs and never goes any further.

You can. I "purchased" a Google Wallet prepaid debit card right through my Google Wallet app. You can then add to it at any time. No need to go anywhere and purchase an actual card.

Robert

Right, but read the rest of my post. When I actually click on the Google Prepaid Card, it never asks me or gives me the chance to fund it, it simply goes to "Adding card... Verifying your account with Money Network", sits in that status for a while, then gives me an error message. It won't actually let me add the card or fund it.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is there an error with the app/service?

I just hit the add card and it did take a bit but later I checked and it had the free ten dollars on it. I have seen people having issues though in other forums.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Right, but read the rest of my post. When I actually click on the Google Prepaid Card, it never asks me or gives me the chance to fund it, it simply goes to "Adding card... Verifying your account with Money Network", sits in that status for a while, then gives me an error message. It won't actually let me add the card or fund it.

What does the error message say exactly?

There is an issue with the EVO LTE activating the card for the last week or so. I actually changed my build.prop to match the Galaxy Nexus and it went through on the first try.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I had an issue where Wallet was just hanging. There were no card options. All blue screen. I called they had me uninstall the updates. Then reboot and reinstall updates. It worked for me.

Error Adding Card

Try again later.

Hmm.. I think I would just try again later. J/K but it may be a network issue . You could try it when you are on wifi or if you get it on wifi try when you're on 3G.

Hmm.. I think I would just try again later. J/K but it may be a network issue . You could try it when you are on wifi or if you get it on wifi try when you're on 3G.

Yeah, I've tried it on and off wifi, early morning, late at night, etc. etc. I just did what bobbi suggested and it's "Adding Card" again, so we will see if that worked or not soon enough.

I really just want to look cool at the 7-11 buying crap with my phone. lol

• Like 1

So, I ended up calling Google. According to them, they have issues with the Evo and took it offline for registration, but they expect it to be back up in a few days. Sounded like BS to me, but what do I know, as soon as I said I was having issues, he asked if I had the HTC Evo 4g lte, so, meh, at least they are aware and potentially working on a fix. He said the issue was between HTC and Google finance, and they were working it out.

Thank you for getting in touch with our team. We're aware that Google

Wallet payment cards are unavailable and our engineering team is working

hard to make sure Google Wallet is working as intended. We will be sure to

let you know when full functionality has resumed.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Daran

The Google Wallet Team

Edited by echo4papa

So' date=' I ended up calling Google. According to them, they have issues with the Evo and took it offline for registration, but they expect it to be back up in a few days. Sounded like BS to me, but what do I know, as soon as I said I was having issues, he asked if I had the HTC Evo 4g lte, so, meh, at least they are aware and potentially working on a fix. He said the issue was between HTC and Google finance, and they were working it out.

[/quote']

Wow, this phone seems to have something new every day. I guess I should be glad my Google wallet worked from the beginning.

[in my best Paul Hogan accent]

You call that good battery life? Now, this is good battery life.

2012-06-13 21.05.59.png

AJ

• Like 3

[in my best Paul Hogan accent]

You call that good battery life? Now' date=' this is good battery life.

AJ[/quote']

That's some really good battery life.

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 1