LG G Flex 2 [FCC ID ZNFLS996]

NateC

New LG device supporting Sprint bands spotted in FCC OET filings today:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=308109&fcc_id=ZNFLS996

FCC ID: ZNFLS996
Model(s): LS996, LGLS996, LG-LS996

LTE bands supported: 4, 12, 25, 26, 41

Physical dimensions of overall device:  142 mm x 71.2 mm (5.6" x 2.8")

1ld7tyF.png

kai1ys1.png

• Like 6

Too big for me, but I'm glad to see them finally beginning to add the CCA bands (2/4/5/12) to some more models.

If this ships after February 11, it will be interesting to see whether or not Sprint will unlock it (or any other device that passes through the FCC this winter), given that it's clearly been "developed" already.

A hair smaller than the G3...  Wonder what it could be...  A little early for the G4 isn't it?

Edit:  New LG G Flex?

I'm curious too, since the size doesn't seem to line up with any existing LG device.  Googling "LS996" does show references to a LG G Flex, but those were pages from 2013.  So I suppose it could be a new G Flex.

On one page it showed the fcc label, with an meid open. Tried entering it in as a sprint device, just for kicks, and said it wasnt in the system. Could be a LG G flex remake. Remember the s3 got a remake recently, so wouldnt be suprised.

A hair smaller than the G3...  Wonder what it could be...  A little early for the G4 isn't it?

Edit:  New LG G Flex?

I'm curious too, since the size doesn't seem to line up with any existing LG device.  Googling "LS996" does show references to a LG G Flex, but those were pages from 2013.  So I suppose it could be a new G Flex.

On one page it showed the fcc label, with an meid open. Tried entering it in as a sprint device, just for kicks, and said it wasnt in the system. Could be a LG G flex remake. Remember the s3 got a remake recently, so wouldnt be suprised.

LG G Flex is LG LS995, and this is LG LS996. Put 2 & 2 together, and you get the LG G Flex 2. Happy Thanksgiving! Expect up to a month before the Class II permissive and then another 2-4 weeks before sale.

• Like 2

LG G Flex is LG LS995, and this is LG LS996. Put 2 & 2 together, and you get the LG G Flex 2. Happy Thanksgiving! Expect up to a month before the Class II permissive and then another 2-4 weeks before sale.

The original G Flex came out Jan 31, so this lines up well for a similar release date.

So it'll be about a week before the new unlock policy goes into effect.. perfect lol. I expect a number of attractive devices (including possibly the Z4 & Z4 Ultra, which have been tipped for a CES unveiling) to be released in late January/early February. Hold strong folks!

• Like 2

After reviewing the ERP/EIRP for this device, RF characteristics are mid-range for everything but Band 41, which runs in the higher region. I guess we will see for sure once the device is released.

And I do expect this to support Wi-Fi calling out of the box.

Edited by MacinJosh

Meep!

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-g-flex-2-ces-january-570764/

LG is gearing up to release the second generation of the curved G Flex at CES Las Vegas in January, sources told Android Authority.

Details about the new device are scarce for now, but according to persons close to the matter, the G Flex 2 will be a “major upgrade” over its predecessor. The device is said to feature a high resolution plastic-based OLED screen (Full HD, most likely) in a smaller form factor. The self-healing coating will make a return on the G Flex 2, in an improved form.

• Like 2

How was the original? Was there much developer support for ROMS?

it was a niche phone so it didn't get much developer support, it was able to be rooted right away, but they didn't get a custom recovery working until a few weeks ago. without that there wasn't much use for ROMS, i looked shortly after the recovery was done and there wasn't really any yet. which wasn't all bad since the phone works really well and doesn't really have any issues out of the box :)

• 1 month later...

3xCA, 300Mbps theoretical max (source: http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g-flex-2-specs)

my next phone could already be on the boat if CA works with Sprint.

Such a nice beautiful phone. Nice processor too.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What's the reason limiting the device to two carrier aggregation when its possible for 3?

CAT 6 UE is limited to max of 40 mhz of aggregated LTE spectrum so 20+20 is the max aggregated amount. 

Total maximum bandwidth of 20Mhz.

That boat just may have sank.

Waiting for reviews and actual usage or the next boat...

• > 2GB RAM

• > 48 GB storage

• microSD card

• 1080p or greater

• android 4 or greater

• Sprint and CCA bands

Edited by dkyeager

Total maximum bandwidth of 20Mhz.

That boat just sank.

Waiting for the next boat...

• > 2GB RAM

• > 48 GB storage

• microSD card

• 1080p or greater

• android 4 or greater

• Sprint and CCA bands

Wait I thought it could do 2 carrier of 20mhz on b41? Is it that important to have even more than 2 carriers at this point? From what I had read its 32gb internal, plus additional support for more with a microsd. And its a device with a 5.5" screen 1080p is overkill anyway, just saying. Lol

What's the reason limiting the device to two carrier aggregation when its possible for 3?

CAT 6 UE is limited to max of 40 mhz of aggregated LTE spectrum so 20+20 is the max aggregated amount.

He may have been asking why the phone has only been certified for Cat 6, when its SoC (SD 810) is Cat 9-ready.

• Like 1