LG LS831 Windows Phone

MacinJosh

In an interesting turn of events, it appears that Sprint might be releasing a new Windows Phone in the future. It is set to support 3G in the ESMR band as well as 1900MHz. Funny it doesn't appear to support LTE at 1900, but nonetheless, it is still a nice looking addition to Sprint's lineup. Picture files were released at the FCC database for the device on April 1, and it looks like a nice phone.

Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Is-the-LG-Windows-Phone-LS831-heading-to-Sprint_id28698

I'd like to see how many more non 4G smartphones Sprint plans on releasing.

It will be a dud. *yawn*

Why offer a non LTE device at this time? Waste of money. They need to develop their WP flagship with MSM8960 and start getting people excited about it now. Like they did with the GNex. Dumb.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

• Like 2

It will be a dud. *yawn*

Why offer a non LTE device at this time? Waste of money. They need to develop their WP flagship with MSM8960 and start getting people excited about it now. Like they did with the GNex. Dumb.

Agree, I could see if it was the Lumia 710 or something like that, but this most likely won't be an improvement on the Arrive.

Agree, I could see if it was the Lumia 710 or something like that, but this most likely won't be an improvement on the Arrive.

I know it won't be an improvement on the Arrive, but I still think it's interesting that they are still thinking about new 3G Windows Phone's. The funny thing about this phone is that it was submitted to the FCC last November.

Weird. I can't see them releasing it unless they need a new cheap phone. It could go straight to virgin mobile

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I never thought of that. It very well could be.

Or they could be trying to add a slab to the existing slider for their windows phone lineup. The Arrive hasn't seen EOL has it?

I think the verge was on the money when they said

Still, assuming the Miracle sees a release, it could be that Sprint is looking to piggyback off any growth the Windows Phone platform sees thanks to Nokia's "Rolling Thunder" campaign for the Lumia 900 on AT&T.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/3/2921894/lg-ls831-sprint-windows-phone-fcc

It will be a dud. *yawn*

Agreed. I don't think that Sprint should be making 3G only devices anymore. Keep in mind though that this phone has been previously cleared through the FCC back in Oct 2011 when Windows Phone did NOT have LTE capability and is now going through reapproval from the FCC. Why they need to go through the FCC again I have no idea especially if the plan was not to add LTE in it. I believe the Nokia Lumia 900 which is coming out is the first Windows Phone to have LTE capability in it.

I am sure it will be marketed as a low end device just like the LG Viper but I am sure people will still buy it since it probably would be an upgrade over the Arrive.