Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

And this is the big teller. Root Metrics deals with present data. The Consumer Reports survey deals with perceived negatives over the lifetime of the survey taker. The survey taker is not limited to an opinion of what the network is like today. If the survey taker had five straight quarters of bad Sprint service, but last month was good and this week was great, they would likely rate Sprint as poor.

Nothing new released in this survey. It will take a long time for Sprint to right this ship. But more momentum has been gained the last two months than the last two years. So Consumer Reports is quite famous from drawing bad conclusions based on bad sample taking. You have to ask the right questions and perform the right tests to get the right definitive result. After their Isuzu Trooper debacle years ago, I don't hold much respect for CR.

Don't say that to any Magentians. Made that mistake on the fierce wireless article by calling out CR for poor sampling.

I like how he said 'SPRI-EENT' at the :30 second mark. I may just update my English pronunciation.

How is that pronounced?  Is it like "SPREE-ANT," as said by a Southern woman in Atlanta?

AJ

Since I am Spanish, the commercial is pretty much straight forward. He detailed the benefits of the 20gbs plan in a few seconds. If the network is good in the South West, and West coast they will pick a lot of customers in Latino community.

El Paso, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, San Diego, etc.

• Like 3

Since I am Spanish, the commercial is pretty much straight forward. He detailed the benefits of the 20gbs plan in a few seconds. If the network is good in the South West, and West coast they will pick a lot of customers in Latino community.

El Paso, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, San Diego, etc.

NYC and Miami are also Hispanic hubs.

• Like 1

How is that pronounced? Is it like "SPREE-ANT," as said by a Southern woman in Atlanta?

AJ

Atlanta proper is far too global and busy to have a rural accent. Not even in the least. The metro area, however - which is vast and makes up most of what people incorrectly term "Atlanta" - does have a moderate twang.
  • Like 1

New Loyalty offer from Sprint:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/title/1262a1a4-1c34-4543-b69d-d1e30f3931a7

Our ‘Holiday Thank You’ initiative is a communication to our loyal base customers from our new CEO, Marcelo Claure, with a special thank you and a series of specific offers to convey our gratitude. Based on customer’s individual accounts they will receive qualified offers for one or more of the following:

Talk Without Limits—Your plan will include unlimited talk minuteswhile on the Sprint network to anywhere in the U.S. (for customers on legacy plans with limited voice minutes).

Latest Phone for $5 a month - You’ll now be able to get a new iPhone 6 (16GB ) or Samsung Galaxy S® 5 for only $5 a month with $0 down (with your existing rate plan). That translates into a $360 savings over two years (after $15/mo. Loyalty Service Credit).

Free 12 Months of Service When You Add a New Line to Your Account - Just in time for holiday giving, you can add a line to your Sprint account. Your new line will also include FREE unlimited talk, text and data while on the Sprint network for 12 months. You simply pay for the first partial month, then get 12 months free.

20% Accessory Discount – As an added gift from us to you, take 20% off select accessories. Beyond chargers and hands-free headsets, you'll find that perfect gift for the music lover, fitness fanatic or social gamer on your list. It's a special offer just for loyal customers.

How will the customer know about the offers?

Customers will receive letters, emails and/or SMS beginning in late November through mid-December providing specific direction on how to take advantage of these offers.

I am a long time Sprint customer, so why am I not eligible for the “Holiday Thank You” offers?

These offers are for long-time Sprint customers that are on Everything Data, Everything Data Share, Unlimited My Way or All My In plans. We have great offers for all of our customers, so check online or at a store to see what you qualify for today.

Looks like long-time customers on SERO or EPRP don't get anything extra, but that's to be expected. Edited by ahecht
  • Like 1

Went into a Sprint store yesterday to check out accessories. Couldn't believe the number of people that were there! Although I do know several people were there for tech support, and "I have LTE at the store but I go home a mile up the road and only have 3G, what's wrong?" I felt like turning around and saying, because the tower that serves this area isn't upgraded and we are picking up B26 from somewhere else farther away! But I didn't.

• Like 1

Went into a Sprint store yesterday to check out accessories. Couldn't believe the number of people that were there! Although I do know several people were there for tech support, and "I have LTE at the store but I go home a mile up the road and only have 3G, what's wrong?" I felt like turning around and saying, because the tower that serves this area isn't upgraded and we are picking up B26 from somewhere else farther away! But I didn't.

But that would have made you a true Mr. Know It All! :)
  • Like 3

But that would have made you a true Mr. Know It All! :)

Haha! I was then distracted and annoyed by the sheer volume of iPhone 6 cases on display ... And literally nothing else! It was ridiculous. There were a very small number of Galaxy S5 cases also, and that was it.
  • Like 1

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/title/1262a1a4-1c34-4543-b69d-d1e30f3931a7

Looks like long-time customers on SERO or EPRP don't get anything extra, but that's to be expected.

Are we talking about this new Loyalty Offer here?  I want to discuss this some.  Seems like a pretty good deal, but I'm wondering what the catch might be.  $5 leasing for life.  As far as I can see, if we do this, and continue to do this, we get the device for 24 months paying $5 a month (5x24 is $120) for as long as leasing exists (hopefully eternally).  BUT this locks you into that phone and doesn't allow you to upgrade any phones earlier than 24 months.  The FAQ on leasing says that you have to use Easy Pay if you want to upgrade early.  Is this true?  I thought the iphone for life plan allowed a yearly upgrade for those leasing. 

We have an old Everything Data Share plan so we'll qualify. 

My thing is that I've got an S5 now, my family has an S4, S4, S3, and iphone5S on my other lines.  I think it would make sense to upgrade all these phones now to S5 (or iphone 6) to get into the program to get cheap phones by lease.  If subsidies are really leaving this summer, I think now is the time to jump on this.  (and perhaps sell back all my devices to Sprint)  The only downside to this is my subsidy phone scheme I've been running where I end up getting a new phone about every 12 months would be over AND we will no longer own any devices to keep for our growing little ones eventually.  But seriously, they'll probably have hover hologram phones by then. 

Any thoughts?  Good deal?  What's the pitfall to this?

Any thoughts?  Good deal?  What's the pitfall to this?

It seems like a good deal to me, I don't really see any downside if you like the lease option. If I was still on a legacy plan, I probably wouldn't use the lease option, but not because it's not a good deal. I tend to pass my phones down to parents, family, friends, or keep it as a back up etc so the lease option doesn't work for me.

It seems like a good deal to me, I don't really see any downside if you like the lease option. If I was still on a legacy plan, I probably wouldn't use the lease option, but not because it's not a good deal. I tend to pass my phones down to parents, family, friends, or keep it as a back up etc so the lease option doesn't work for me.

Right that's a downside for me too but phones are so good now, they last for 2 years easy. I'm worried about subsidies leaving this summer. If that's the case my scheme is boned and I'll get no new phones rapidly regardless so might as well jump on this.

sent from an underwater dust storm with my Sprint S5

Right that's a downside for me too but phones are so good now, they last for 2 years easy. I'm worried about subsidies leaving this summer. If that's the case my scheme is boned and I'll get no new phones rapidly regardless so might as well jump on this.

I doubt you would be kicked off your old plan, I just think they might not offer subsidy options to new customers anymore. With easy pay and the lease option, there really isn't a reason to keep subsidies for new subs. If they are going to continue to offer discounts via easy pay like they currently have for the HTC M8 HK edition, there is no reason to keep the subsidy model going. Pay $80 a month plus the initial subsidized cost, or $60 plus $15 for a flagship phone that is only 6 months old? Seems like a no brainer to me.

• Like 1

I just upgraded my wife's line to this $5 lease on the S5. Pretty slick. I'll do the rest in a couple weeks. It's all legit from what the Sprint store guy told me. Pretty knowledgeable dude.

Looks like long-time customers on SERO or EPRP don't get anything extra, but that's to be expected.

I'm on EPRP and I had no trouble getting the Unlimited minutes added to my plan. I was hoping to be able to upgrade two of my 4 lines to iPhone 6 with the $5/month lease. Would that be allowed?

I'm on EPRP and I had no trouble getting the Unlimited minutes added to my plan. I was hoping to be able to upgrade two of my 4 lines to iPhone 6 with the $5/month lease. Would that be allowed?

Unlikely, the loyalty rewards are for Everything Data and Unlimited My Way plans.

Sent from my Sprint LG G3

I just upgraded my wife's line to this $5 lease on the S5. Pretty slick. I'll do the rest in a couple weeks. It's all legit from what the Sprint store guy told me. Pretty knowledgeable dude.

Also, forgot to mention this, FWIW, but the Sprint employee told me that one could do a 1 year lease for $15 a month (normally $30 a month) if one so desires.  Would work out to $180 a year for a new device every 12 months.  I don't see that listed anywhere in the FAQ section, however the employee said they were briefed specifically on that fact that it was a $15 discount for the loyalty reward regardless of the lease option chosen. This might be the avenue for the device obsessed people like myself.  

Unlikely, the loyalty rewards are for Everything Data and Unlimited My Way plans.

Sent from my Sprint LG G3

I just got a text message saying that unlimited minutes have been successfully added to my account, so hopefully I'll be able to get the $5 lease too.

• Like 5

I just got a text message saying that unlimited minutes have been successfully added to my account, so hopefully I'll be able to get the $5 lease too.

Got that same text in the middle of one of my classes. Must've been a wave text.