Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I interpreted new logo acquisition meaning they are buying someone out. In the past I have seen the term Logo Acquisition to mean a new asset purchase. I have never seen someone working on a new corporate logo refer to New Logo Acquisition, especially when referring to it in a sales job. Although, it could be. Just trying to wrap my mind around it. It could be in reference to the purchase of Radio Shack stores though.

Robert,

I completely agree with you!

The IT services contracting company that I work at, uses the phrase "New Logo Acquisition" to mean that they has signed a services contact with a new corporate client.

Personally, I find the use of the phrase very confusing, but that is how it is used.

I guess you guys forgot about the Radio Shack stores.

The radio shack deal is a done deal. They have announced district managers and are internally recruiting lead retail consultants heavily to run the store within a store. First round launch april 10th.

Though in my personal opinion the whole deal is rushing way to fast. They are planning on running each location with one full time lead and 2 part time reps. When i asked qustions about hours, scheduling, whatbthe set up will be like, goals and/or additional compinsation for the additional work etc. This was all unknown, which is why im hesitating on taking a position even though its an exciting challenge, but not really a promotion.

• Like 1

b083d2a5116a4d1ff57367793f02c112.jpg

Does this guarantee unlimited data for life?

If you are on one of the Guaranteed Unlimited for Life plans offered in 2013, then yes.

What if I left it and now I'm back does that count? Sorry for being so annoying about this.

No.  You have to maintain the existing plan in perpetuity and keep the account in good standing in order to keep the guarantee.  Once you fail to meet the terms in the conditions of the plan, like non payment or closing your account, then the guarantee goes away.  There were a few conditions.

• Like 1

No. You have to maintain the existing plan in perpetuity and keep the account in good standing in order to keep the guarantee. Once you fail to meet the terms in the conditions of the plan, like non payment or closing your account, then the guarantee goes away. There were a few conditions.

Bummer....

http://www.phonearena.com/news/RootMetrics-assesses-carrier-performance-in-airports_id67540

SIAP

I have said for a while this is one area Sprint could DRASTICALLY improve the customer opinion of them. Get band 41 pointed at the airports ASAP. Should have been a top priority. They couldn't even win Kansas City.

• Like 4

http://www.phonearena.com/news/RootMetrics-assesses-carrier-performance-in-airports_id67540

SIAP

I have said for a while this is one area Sprint could DRASTICALLY improve the customer opinion of them. Get band 41 pointed at the airports ASAP. Should have been a top priority. They couldn't even win Kansas City.

Airports are like any other public venue, and are very tricky to get deployed on. Some has DAS systems spanning terminals, others have to rely on macro coverage. I look at La Gaurdia Airport in Queens as a perfect example of a dump with poor coverage. Some of the terminals have good coverage from the macro sites, namely the Delta terminal, but the rest are horribly old and unless you have a site right at the airport, you're screwed.

BWI in Maryland is a black hole. Last time I was there I was rocking Extended 1x. It used to be marked "Spark Turbo". Lol. As soon as you leave the airport, you can pull 40Mbps down...makes no sense.

• Like 2

Airports should have been a priority for Sprint with NV1.0. It was shown as "unfunded" in the docs I seen back in 2012 as NV was starting. So Hesse et al back then did not feel they had the funding and pushed it aside. Probably never thinking back then that NV would take as long and customer losses would be endured so long, making it hard to ever fund.

Sprint is just now getting around to working on Metro Transit and Airport systems. I'm looking forward to them getting completed ASAP.

• Like 10

Good to hear that they're working on it. Assuming there is a site sufficiently close I would think band 41 would be great for airports. Lots of windows for good signal penetration... And they only need to significantly cover the terminals, band 41 should be able to do that.

• Like 1

Good to hear that they're working on it. Assuming there is a site sufficiently close I would think band 41 would be great for airports. Lots of windows for good signal penetration... And they only need to significantly cover the terminals, band 41 should be able to do that.

Airports are cavernous; DAS would make more sense.

Airports should have been a priority for Sprint with NV1.0. It was shown as "unfunded" in the docs I seen back in 2012 as NV was starting. So Hesse et al back then did not feel they had the funding and pushed it aside. Probably never thinking back then that NV would take as long and customer losses would be endured so long, making it hard to ever fund.

Sprint is just now getting around to working on Metro Transit and Airport systems. I'm looking forward to them getting completed ASAP.

Which IMO was a really bad plan.

Who spends a lot of time at airports? Upper management and executives.

Who gets to sign off/veto company-wide decisions on the corporate cell phone supplier? Upper management and executives.

No service at airport = "Claudia, look into switching cell provider, NOW"

A bad experience for Bob the VP could mean a loss of 700 corporate lines.

Anyway, apparently Marcelo is at the center of a big MLS (Major League Soccer) press scandal this week? Nothing to do with Sprint, but interesting to see his name brought up.

• Like 2

Anyway, apparently Marcelo is at the center of a big MLS (Major League Soccer) press scandal this week? Nothing to do with Sprint, but interesting to see his name brought up.

Sprint definitely doesn't need any negative press about their CEO, even if it's not about Sprint. Marcelo has been very quiet on Twitter lately...I'm curious to see where Sprint will be at the end of this quarter. I know they are working as fast as they can, but they need to do it even faster. I still have 3G along I-95 through central Maryland. I won't consider Sprint done until I have LTE on all of the most heavily traveled interstate on the east coast.

Sprint is leasing the Galaxy S6 to new and existing customers for FREE after monthly bill credit

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/free-samsung-galaxy-s-6-only-from-sprint.htm

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/free-samsung-galaxy-s-6-for-the-family-only-from-sprint.htm

It also looks like they're introducing a new "Unlimited Plus" plan for individuals, priced at $80/month.

They also added free unlimited 2G speed international roaming for Western Europe and Latin America

• Like 6

Sprint is leasing the Galaxy S6 to new and existing customers for FREE after monthly bill credit

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/free-samsung-galaxy-s-6-only-from-sprint.htm

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/free-samsung-galaxy-s-6-for-the-family-only-from-sprint.htm

It also looks like they're introducing a new "Unlimited Plus" plan for individuals, priced at $80/month.

They also added free unlimited 2G speed international roaming for Western Europe and Latin America

Just posted this same thing in the Galasy s6 thread.  What isn't exactly clear is whether the offer is only for those that sign up for this specific plan.  I would take this in a heartbeat if they offered it on framily plan lines, but I doubt it.