Kyocera C6725 & C6730

MacinJosh

On April 11, a pair of Kyocera phones received FCC OET authorization; the C6725 and the C6730. Midrange "meh" type phones. But there is something different about these two "meh" type phones, they are both tri-band LTE for Sprint.

All we know really is the C6725 has Android 4.3 and the C6730 has Android 4.4.2 and they both have 2000mAh batteries. No known details about processor size and RAM and screen size are available yet, unless someone can find them on the Sprint UA Profile page. I unfortunately can not find them.

As more details emerge, I'll update this post.

Edited by MacinJosh
  • Like 1

Hey Josh,

Do you know what frequencies they support?  I'm just curious if even the "meh" type phones will be tri-band from here on out.

Thanks!

Edit:  Looks like they may be tri-band.  Can't blame em for that!  :tu:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=344259&fcc_id=V65C6730

http://ameblo.jp/povtc/entry-11820403587.html

http://upcomingnewphones2014.com/product/kyocera-c6730/

Perhaps we're looking at the Echo II! ;)

Hey Josh,

Do you know what frequencies they support?  I'm just curious if even the "meh" type phones will be tri-band from here on out.

Thanks!

Edit:  Looks like they may be tri-band.  Can't blame em for that!  :tu:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=344259&fcc_id=V65C6730

http://ameblo.jp/povtc/entry-11820403587.html

http://upcomingnewphones2014.com/product/kyocera-c6730/

Perhaps we're looking at the Echo II! ;)

I really must have been tired. I thought I mentioned that they were both triband. Oops. I better update that.

• Like 1

Can't find too much on it yet, but it's not an "E" series like my Torque E6710, which I assume stands for "Extreme."

"C" I'm assuming stands for CDMA.

Both the specs for the C6725 and C6730 lists 2000mAh batteries.

The C6725 has Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and the C6730 has 4.4.2 KitKat, which we all know are subject to change.

The Hydro XTRM is C6721, so I'm assuming it's more of a replacement for that. At least from what I can tell, the "x67XX" series phones appear to be IP67 waterproof, so there's that.

• Like 3

I assume these would be on Virgin & Boost?

Maybe, but I think the C6730 will end up on Sprint too.

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

I assume these would be on Virgin & Boost?

Sanyo is now Kyocera. Sanyo was one of Sprint's largest vendors, and back in the day the best phones on Sprint were Sanyo (IE: 5600 & 9000). Now they are barely a drop in the bucket for sales for Sprint. Ask a rep the last time they sold a Torque or Hydro and they won't be able to give you an answer. If Kyocera wants to stay around in the mobile phone business they need to sell sell sell!!

That said, the features/benefits of my Torque out way me upgrading at the present time. I'm hoping Kyocera offers something worth while for me to upgrade to, otherwise the S5 is looking pretty good right now once the eCSFB issues are addressed in my area!

Don't know if there's any hypothetical extrapolation that can be done here Josh, but the Kyocera wireless site has both a 6721 and a 6750 that are both 'Hydro' models (the 6750 or 'Elite' looks to be Verizon specific and the 6721 a variant of the 'XTRM' for Tmo/Metro/USCC):

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/phones/

Don't know if there's any hypothetical extrapolation that can be done here Josh, but the Kyocera wireless site has both a 6721 and a 6750 that are both 'Hydro' models (the 6750 or 'Elite' looks to be Verizon specific and the 6721 a variant of the 'XTRM' for Tmo/Metro/USCC):

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/phones/

I don't know. If these fall in between, they may end up sharing features, but it's always possible these will both be Hydro models. We will know for sure once Sprint announces them. Based on model numbers though, the C6725 would be prepaid and the C6730 would be Sprint. But remember, I'm still guessing.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

http://www.androidcentral.com/kyocera-hydro-vibe-waterproof-and-shock-resistant-sprint-and-virgin-mobile

Sprint announced the Kyocera Hydro Vibe is launching on May 9, this Friday, and coming to Virgin Mobile on May 27. Though it isn't quite as sexy as the name would suggest, it is waterproof and affordable. For $149.99 up front or $0 and $9.59/month over two years, you get Android 4.3, a 4.5-inch qHD display, 8 megapixel camera, 2,000 mAh battery, 1.2 Ghz quad-core Snapdragon processor, and Sprint Spark support.

• Like 2

Looks like a solid upgrade from my Torque. I played with an S5 over the weekend, and it's just huge compared to my Torque (though that screen is georgous!). I really need the water proof, so I'll probably "upgrade" to this. I've very happy with the Smart Sonic receiver, and it works as advertised (I can have my motorcycle helmet on or ear protection and can use my phone w/o having to be on speaker phone.)

Thank you very much for posting this! It confirms the the Vibe is one of these two models.

It's confirmed the Hydro Vibe is the Kyocera C6725. http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/phones/ However, where is the C6730 with it's Android 4.4.2?

More direct info links:

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/hydro-vibe/

http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/hydro-vibe/Hydro_VIBE_Spec_Sheet_Sprint_en.pdf 

Highlights:

-Shows it is C6725.

-IP57, *not* IP67 like Torque and S5

-Android 4.3

-1.2 GHz quad-core CPU

-Trades the barometer in the Torque for a FM radio receiver

Here's the rest:

Technical Specifications
Talk Time:
Up to 14 hours*
Standby Time:
Up to 193 hours *
Battery Type:
2000mAh Lithium ion (Li-ion)
Display:
4.5” IPS, impact-resistant, capacitive touchscreen,
qHD (960 x 540 pixels)
Operating System:
Android™ 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset:
MSM8926, Qualcomm® Snapdragon™
with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU
Radios:
CDMA 1xRTT, CDMA 1xEVDO REV. A, LTE
Memory:
8GB ROM/1.5GB RAM
MicroSD™ memory card slot (supports up to 32GB)
Size:
5.02 x 2.50 x .43” 
(127.4 x 63.5 x 10.9 mm)
Weight:
4.9oz (139g)
Media Formats:
Audio: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, 
AMR-WB, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, WAVE, QCELP, EVRC
Video: H.263, H.264, MPEG4
Image: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP

Highlights
• Certified dust resistant and waterproof for IP57 - protection against dust and water 
 immersion for up to 30 minutes in up to 3.28 feet (1 meter) of water**
• Hear clearly in more places than ever before—place the phone anywhere against 
 your ear to take calls in the noisiest environments with Kyocera Smart Sonic Receiver 
 technology
• Powerful new technology that’s a breeze to use—wireless charging, Touch and Send 
 NFC sharing, and Eco Mode with MaxiMZR
• 4.5” Edge-to-edge qHD impact-resistant display
• Sprint Spark LTE Capable
Additional Features
• PMA-enabled wireless charging support repowers the battery; simply set your phone 
 on an optional charging-pad accessory
• As simple as it is smart—an easy-to-use, optional Easy Mode UI with features like a 
 tap-based menu, large fonts, and large, intuitive graphics encourages you to explore 
 and understand the full functionality of this phone
• Touch and Send NFC sharing lets you share contacts, videos, apps, and more by 
 simply touching two NFC-enabled phones back to back
• Powerful 2000mAh Li-ion battery plus added energy-saving features—Eco Mode with 
 MaxiMZR extends performance automatically by powering down noncritical functions
• 8MP camera and camcorder with digital zoom, LED flash, auto-focus; includes 
 panoramic, HDR, multi-shot, effects and smile-shutter modes
• 2MP front-facing camera for video chat and self-portraits
• Shoot video in 1080p HD
• Media player and high-quality video streaming at 30fps
• 1.2GHz quad-core processor for running multiple apps simultaneously and running 
 videos seamlessly
• MagniFont Mode—enlarges on-screen text, creating an easy-to-read display
• Virtual QWERTY keypad with Swype®, a faster and easier way to type
• Gmail™ and Exchange address book integration
• Corporate (Exchange ActiveSync) and personal (POP3 & IMAP) email
• 3-axis accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, digital compass, and 
 FM radio receiver
• Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot capability (supports up to 8 devices)†
• Stereo Bluetooth® (4.0 + LE/EDR) wireless technology support
• 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack
• Supports English and Spanish
• Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) Rating: M4/T3
Included Accessories
• Standard battery
• AC charger (Micro-USB data cable pluggable)
• Micro-USB data cable

It's live on Sprint.com, as promised: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc8170001prd&deviceSKUId=81700028

$29.99 after $50 MIR (wish they would stop these $50 rebates) and $36 activation fee.

BTW, ignore Sprint's info staying it doesn't have 3G...... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Any word on RF performance? Looking at a possible upgrade in the near future and while I would love an M8 saving a few bucks is a good idea at the moment...

Any word on RF performance? Looking at a possible upgrade in the near future and while I would love an M8 saving a few bucks is a good idea at the moment...

According to the FCC docs, it's midrange. It's not super powerful, but it's not super weak. I'll post figures tonight when I get done with finals #'s 2 & 3.

• Like 2

I expect that with a moniker like that, Virgin-ites will find its coverage and performance quite satisfactory.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get one yet or use one? I'm curious if it has HD Voice, as it is missing from the specs online. I imagine it does, as I would assume all Sprint devices going forward will.

Anywho, looks like it came out on Virgin yesterday: http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/cell-phones/kyocera-hydro-vibe-4G-LTE-phone/features/

Anyone get one yet or use one? I'm curious if it has HD Voice, as it is missing from the specs online. I imagine it does, as I would assume all Sprint devices going forward will.

Anywho, looks like it came out on Virgin yesterday: http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/cell-phones/kyocera-hydro-vibe-4G-LTE-phone/features/

I am activating one as we speak. I just need the chat rep to understand I am NOT going to put 11 dollar insurance on a 150 dollar phone (bought outright on Amazon).

• Like 1

Alright.. loaded what I needed. still have 3.5 gigs of space open. I put my 16 gig sd in it.. Works well, and the speaker is loud enough for me. (I am half deaf and work in loud areas.. I can hear it ring and txt) only issue I have had so far is the pop up keyboard stopped popping up but was actually there. a restart fixed that.

• Like 1

Alright.. loaded what I needed. still have 3.5 gigs of space open. I put my 16 gig sd in it.. Works well, and the speaker is loud enough for me. (I am half deaf and work in loud areas.. I can hear it ring and txt) only issue I have had so far is the pop up keyboard stopped popping up but was actually there. a restart fixed that.

Can you confirm it does/doesn't have HD Voice? Have you tried Framaroot yet or any other rooting method? Thanks!

Side note, cnet review was less than flattering. Title of the article is, "Splash-happy budget phone cuts corners". Here's the summary and link to article:

"If you're a Sprint customer in dire need of a water-resistant phone, the Hydro Vibe is one of your best options. It's bigger and much more modern in both looks and OS than the Hydro Edge and the Motorola Admiral. And compared to the latter, it's $40 cheaper on-contract. Though, if you don't mind its ultrarugged looks, I'd recommend the Kyocera Torque above the Vibe. Even though it's an older device, it has fantastic audio speakers and a better camera (despite just having a 5-megapixel lens)."

http://www.cnet.com/products/kyocera-hydro-vibe/

I am activating one as we speak. I just need the chat rep to understand I am NOT going to put 11 dollar insurance on a 150 dollar phone (bought outright on Amazon).

Who are you activating with?  Sprint, Boost, or VirginMobile?  What ($$) service plan are you getting with this phone?

Thanx in advance..

No where in settings or on the phone does it say HD voice. I do VOIP installs and can tell you, this phone is no polycom with HD voice. That said, it sounds better than my evo when on the phone. But remember you are taking that from a guy with hearing loss and tone deafness.

Sorry, I don't need to root the phone so I have not tried any roots on it.

I activated it on Sprint. My EVO had 6 months to go  before the contract was up. I am hard on phones so for less than the deductible on insurance I bought this phone. If you look at it as a phone that costs less than 1/4 (or so) of a galaxy S5 it's a nice phone. If you compare it to an S5, your gonna hate it.

I have it on the framily plan with sprint.

Can you confirm it does/doesn't have HD Voice? Have you tried Framaroot yet or any other rooting method? Thanks!

Side note, cnet review was less than flattering. Title of the article is, "Splash-happy budget phone cuts corners". Here's the summary and link to article:

"If you're a Sprint customer in dire need of a water-resistant phone, the Hydro Vibe is one of your best options. It's bigger and much more modern in both looks and OS than the Hydro Edge and the Motorola Admiral. And compared to the latter, it's $40 cheaper on-contract. Though, if you don't mind its ultrarugged looks, I'd recommend the Kyocera Torque above the Vibe. Even though it's an older device, it has fantastic audio speakers and a better camera (despite just having a 5-megapixel lens)."

http://www.cnet.com/products/kyocera-hydro-vibe/

I'm having a Hydro Vibe delivered tomorrow; will take it to

San Diego area for a try out; anyone have anything new to

offer on this so called "budget smartphone"; my main

application will be data and wi-fi calling/text serviced by my zing

hotspot; expect to do very little with voice..