Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

***VICTORY IS OURS***

Thank you for your contact via Dan@Sprint.com

According to the information reviewed, the fixes and enhancements are:
to enable Sprint Spark band 26 and band 41. & LTE UI enhancements (Spark
Icon).   This is the only information we have available at this time.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.  We value your business and
appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Sincerely,

Dan@Sprint.com Team
Sprint
  • Like 6

***VICTORY IS OURS***

Thank you for your contact via Dan@Sprint.com

According to the information reviewed, the fixes and enhancements are:
to enable Sprint Spark band 26 and band 41. & LTE UI enhancements (Spark
Icon).   This is the only information we have available at this time.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.  We value your business and
appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Sincerely,

Dan@Sprint.com Team
Sprint

"spark icon"  Would this mean that the spark icon is coming to the Nexus 5, or does this simply cast some doubt on the 'leak'?

"spark icon"  Would this mean that the spark icon is coming to the Nexus 5, or does this simply cast some doubt on the 'leak'?

I don't know what you're asking.  The bands are to be enabled, apparently along with the icon.

I don't know what you're asking.  The bands are to be enabled, apparently along with the icon.

Google has always been pretty strict as far as carrier add-ons for its Nexus line in order to keep the UI as close to 'vanilla' as possible.  Many believe(d) that the icon would definitely not come to the Nexus 5.  In my mind, this makes me a little doubtful of the rumor.

The icon would be little concern to me as long as the bands were enabled.  Here's hoping for next week! :)

Edited by always_learner

Google has always been pretty strict as far as carrier add-ons for its Nexus line in order to keep the UI as close to 'vanilla' as possible.  Many believe(d) that the icon would definitely not come to the Nexus 5.  In my mind, this makes me a little doubtful of the rumor.

The icon would be little concern to me as long as the bands were enabled.  Here's hoping for next week! :)

I'm guessing they either don't realize the Spark icon isn't coming along with the update, or Sprint got Google to cave.

Hoping for the former. 

And that the rumor is true.   :lol:

• Like 2

I'm guessing they either don't realize the Spark icon isn't coming along with the update, or Sprint got Google to cave.

Hoping for the former.

And that the rumor is true. :lol:

I'm with you there, I could care leas at this point though. Bring on the update!:D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nothing that a custom Rom can't remove ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5

I havent found the need for a custom ROM, and the spark symbol probably wont qualify either. I guess now is as good as a time as ever to go back to complete stock, update preparation shall commence shortly.

I hoping this rumour is very wrong, I doubt that it is true.

We don't need no stupid spinning icon to tell us we are on a certain frequency, not at all.

Edited by JoeJoeJoe
  • Like 1

Is it a rumor at this point? I'm not citing unnamed sources, this is straight from the horse's mouth.

Who's to say you didn't make up the e-mail? Especially considering the spark icon comment. There's no way google would add a carrier specific modification to stock android.

Weak. If I was going to make something up, it would have been more creative than that.

Who's to say you didn't make up the e-mail? Especially considering the spark icon comment. There's no way google would add a carrier specific modification to stock android.

• Like 4

We don't need no stupid spinning icon to tell us we are on a certain frequency, not at all.

The spark icon doesn't tell you witch band you are on. It spins on all 3 bands.

This email situation is just confirming the rumors that have been circling around saying we'd get it in a few weeks(that was about a week and a half ago). When you take all of them in the time frame does fit pretty well. We shall find out for sure Monday, if it's not true the worst that happens is we all got excited for no reason. There's worse things that could've happened lol

• Like 1

The spark icon doesn't tell you witch band you are on. It spins on all 3 bands.

A mod to make it only appear for non b25 would be a great addition!

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

also did we ever confirm if the VZW update was sent to all N7s? I guess its possible the N5 gets an update only that relates to Spark only if we N5ers didn't get that VZW N7 update. 

my eggs are still in the 4.4.3 update though. Id guess it isn't in the Google 4.4.3 changelog, but is in the sprint websites changelog. 

Is it a rumor at this point? I'm not citing unnamed sources, this is straight from the horse's mouth.

I'd still call it only slightly better than rumor.  While I feel like the "Dan@sprint.com" reps may have a bit more insight, this is a Sprint CS person telling you when a Google update will be out.  I don't put a lot of faith in Sprint knowing when they'll release their own updates, much less when anyone else will.

That said, I'll be holding my breath Monday to see if it comes as well.  :D

My N5 is a sad puppy at the moment...I don't know what's with the towers around here, but for the past few days I'm lucky if I get a solid data signal unless I force my phone to 1x. Text messages have issues as well. My T-Mobile SIM doesn't have these issues. Will edit this post if my Moto X has the same issues or not.

EDIT: No confirmation quite yet, but looks like a serious problem with eCSFB in my area. Will be checking with the X once Republic Wireless decides to let me.

Yeah it pretty much is still... Is a dan@sprint customer service agent response better than nothing? For sure. Is it official confirmation of anything, most certainly not...

Emailed the dan@sprint.com team. Response was that there is no information to share at this time

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Which is pretty typical.

At least we won't be holding our breath long to see if Monday is indeed the day.