Wifi calling and S4 Mini

Djjim

So Sprint announced that wifi calling would be available on the Galaxy S4 Mini and the Mega on February 21. I have looked high and low for a S4 Mini around my city and they are all sold out. Then, the store manager I am working with tells me the phone will be discontinued this Friday! How does that make sense? Why would they announce wifi calling for it and d/c it less then a month later???

So Sprint announced that wifi calling would be available on the Galaxy S4 Mini and the Mega on February 21. I have looked high and low for a S4 Mini around my city and they are all sold out. Then, the store manager I am working with tells me the phone will be discontinued this Friday! How does that make sense? Why would they announce wifi calling for it and d/c it less then a month later???

I can't speak officially on it as I'm not in the know, but I believe this is what is occurring:

You more than likely can not locate an S4 Mini as sales may not be up to expectations, so the device has been deemed "End of Life" and will no longer be manufactured and all remaining inventory to be sold until gone. Even though the device has been deemed EOL, if the device supports a feature offered by Sprint, it still may be enabled for those that have purchased the device. That model is not out of the ordinary.

Hopefully that helps. :tu:

Wow, I was hoping the S4 mini would last a little but longer than it did, but I guess the S4T was just more popular.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Man i was wondering why no stores in my area had any for the last week. Sucks. It was a great phone and very popular due to price for easy pay.

The mini is a sprint prepaid launch device tomorrow, sprint must have felt the need to shift the entire mini inventory over to that.

Man i was wondering why no stores in my area had any for the last week. Sucks. It was a great phone and very popular due to price for easy pay.

The mini is a sprint prepaid launch device tomorrow, sprint must have felt the need to shift the entire mini inventory over to that.

Oh, so they just took it off of regular service. So not full EOL, just shifted to prepaid.

I wonder if the S4 mini will be Tri Band on prepaid

According to Sprint's Sprint Prepaid announcement, it will be Tri-band.