Clearwire -Data Usage increasing

legion125

In this article, Clearwire's CFO talks about increases in data usage by customers (but no mention of income) and an interesting mention how Sprints (and others) LTE models will compel them to off-load traffic onto Clearwires network sooner rather than later.

When asked by investors how quickly Clearwire thinks the big operators will hit their capacity limits, Cochran said she thinks it will happen very quickly. "We see our own trends and that is the appetite for data is tremendous."

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/clearwire-usage-our-network-increased-705-year-over-year/2012-03-22

• Like 1

Yeah I read that and I can't help to think that maybe it would be good for Sprint to buy out Clear so that Clear does not end up selling spectrum to AT&T and or Verizon. I rather have those two paying Sprint for it and filling Sprints pockets instead.

TS

• Like 1

I don't know if Sprint wants Clear to sell spectrum (especially to those two) although if the revenue situation were to get dire, then they may have too. I think Sprint wants Clear to get viable and get wholesale and MVNO LTE agreements so it can make it on its own. Sprint already can and has signed up several groups for combined Clear LTE and its own CDMA services which it is allowed to do under their T&C.