Sprint To Trial Fixed Wireless Service With Dish

marioc21

I want A LOT more details. Makes me wonder if more negotiations are going on. Like a network hosting deal.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I want A LOT more details. Makes me wonder if more negotiations are going on. Like a network hosting deal.

I would say a hosting deal is in the works because DISH just got thwarted on their upcoming 1900 H block deal that analysts were believing DISH was going to be the only suitor after Sprint and T-mo announced they were bailing.  As a result, I am guessing DISH just realized the timeline just got shorter to implement their current spectrum portfolio!

Patrick

• Like 1

I am a little worried. Seems to me that Sprint and SoftBank are trying to expand way to quickly. I would like them to finish 1 of their projects before starting another.

• Like 1

So let's say if dish and sprint work out a spectrum hosting deal...does that mean sprint will have access to Dish's spectrum too?

I have a feeling sprint and dish are trying to get as much spectrum as they can possibly can (tmobile, lightsquared, H block, 600mhz etc) and then possibly share the amount of spectrum.

I do remember SoftBank Son saying he's opened to working with dish after the acquisition of sprint and clearwire

I am a little worried. Seems to me that Sprint and SoftBank are trying to expand way to quickly. I would like them to finish 1 of their projects before starting another.

Where there is money, there are underlings to take orders that are to be executed.  Owners have lots of ideas, and those are funneled through others and the trickle down effect continues to the work, don't worry about it.

Where there is money, there are underlings to take orders that are to be executed.  Owners have lots of ideas, and those are funneled through others and the trickle down effect continues to the work, don't worry about it.

Revenue stream is revenue stream...

This is a typical Gary Forsee move.  Keep dabbing into everything at the same time but never finish anything.  

Seriously? This is about the furthest thing from a Gary Forsee move.

NV is a project which is moving along with staff, money, and scheduled assigned to it. 

• Like 1

Sometimes it's wise to take things one at a time. But when you're so behind, it's better to not just have Plan A and B, but also to have plan G and F. When you set your eyes on many acquisitions, especially for Sprint, it's setting the foundation for a stronger network. Your foundation has to be strong to be able to compete with the big 2.

-Luis

Seriously? This is about the furthest thing from a Gary Forsee move.

NV is a project which is moving along with staff, money, and scheduled assigned to it. 

Indeed! I have noticed around here, and in many technical forums, people seem to think that co-oping with other companies and hiring new people for new projects means that in-progress projects are being abandoned or slowed down - that if those resources were instead allocated to other projects, they'd be done faster! After all, if it takes one man a day to dig a hole, it'll take 24 men an hour to dig that hole, and 86,400 men only a second! 

(or, said even better, it'll take 9 women 1 month to have a baby)

• Like 3

Sometimes it's wise to take things one at a time. But when you're so behind, it's better to not just have Plan A and B, but also to have plan G and F. When you set your eyes on many acquisitions, especially for Sprint, it's setting the foundation for a stronger network. Your foundation has to be strong to be able to compete with the big 2.

-Luis

I agree 100%. Just like you said "Your foundation has to be strong", Why spread yourself out so thin that if you have a problem in one area you cannot fix it as quickly. Just look at the Romans (going into history), they got to be to big for their own good. Verizon and ATT will both fail on their own, Sprint does not have to beat them, Sprint needs to just keep a good quality of service and stay competitive in the market. 

Sprint is going at a nice steady pace right now. It is looking like they are trying a shotgun approach and I don't think that is smart in the infancy of the new network.

This is a typical Gary Forsee move. Keep dabbing into everything at the same time but never finish anything.

NV 1.0 is nearing completion. Whatever. This is just a negative platitude. If you're here just to troll, you will lose your privelleges. It's getting to the point that every one of your posts is a Sprint bash. That would make you a troll.

If you don't like Sprint, why do you hang out in Sprint forums? We can help correct your course if you're lost.

• Like 22

NV 1.0 is nearing completion. Whatever. This is just a negative platitude. If you're here just to troll, you will lose your privelleges. It's getting to the point that every one of your posts is a Sprint bash. That would make you a troll.

If you don't like Sprint, why do you hang out in Sprint forums? We can help correct your course if you're lost.

I agree.

Anything to challenge AT&T and especially Comcast is good as far I am concerned. The state of wired Internet access in this country is horribly anti-consumer.

Just look at the Romans (going into history), they got to be to big for their own good.

"Going into history", the Romans had a great 2000-year civilization. Their decline began with poor leaders (bad emperors).

I would be surprised if it is unlimited though. With the number of ISP's that have gone with monthly caps, I would be surprised if they allowed an all you can eat approach for a wireless solution. But it should be far more generous than Verizon LTE ISP.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk