FreedomPop Unveils 4G WiMAX-Enabled iPhone Case

4GHoward

FreedomPop unveils 4G WiMAX-enabled iPhone case for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. It will be able to share its internet connection with up to eight devices (including the iPhone that it’s attached). It will include 1 GB of free data. Overage fee will be $10 per GB thereafter. Availability and tier plans are unknown at this time.

• Like 1

Yes they are. Guess I can have an iPhone and WiMax together now, lol.

If you do go down the iPhone road.. Id just wait for the next one, Josh. Hopefully it will at least have a bigger screen.

Either way... I agree, this thing is pretty cool.

If you do go down the iPhone road.. Id just wait for the next one, Josh. Hopefully it will at least have a bigger screen.

Either way... I agree, this thing is pretty cool.

I might just pay full price for my 4S instead of replacing my MacBook Pro right now. Then I would still have my upgrade in December, so it would still be win-win for me.

I might just pay full price for my 4S instead of replacing my MacBook Pro right now. Then I would still have my upgrade in December, so it would still be win-win for me.

That sounds like the route to go to me, good idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THIS is what Clear should have been doing instead of going retail.

I dont know. They can still succeed in the retail market, especially in markets where ATT/Comcast/Verizon/etc are not willing to spread out their high speed internet. I just think the should have walked into the water instead of diving head first into the 3 ft deep water. they average 150mhz in the top 100 markets. There will be surplus to fit the needs of their retail customers, plus they would make more money from retail than wholesale.

I still think that their best chance is to offer data only packages for business/individuals for both fixed and mobile/nomadic access. They don't need retail access, they can do it over the net and maybe through Radio Shack. Combo desktop modem/MiFi type devices. They need to be part of NV, end of story.

hmm...... Gimmick? Why iphone have all these cases that does everything else, but protect the phone? Why Android never have cases like this for their phones?????

Sprint should have offered this as part of a bundle when it launched the Iphone 4S.

It would have sold way more Iphones.

I agree too. It would have really set Sprint apart from the competition.

Does this have bluetooth? Can it connect to 2 bluetooth devices at once?

No, no Bluetooth, but I thought I remember reading that it has wifi capability to connect more than one device to it in addition to the iPhone that it's connected to.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

man, i would hold off, sprint LTE is about to take off like wildfire!!

Not everyone wants to use an Android phone, this device is a decent stop-gap until an LTE iPhone comes out.

even the LTE iphone is just around the corner... hell it is almost june.... just a few more months will make the difference.

It could be literally weeks away from being announced or it could be over a year away, its very hard to know with Apple.

Sprint also needs to offer a compelling Windows Phone device or two, the Lumia 900 is selling like gangbusters on AT&T.