LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Does Karl Bode like anything in the real world?

AJ

Not sure, he seems to be quite the pessimist.

I like Bode but he's a glass half-empty kind of guy.

That's all putting it very mildly. However, he does tend to swoon over most anything that T-Mobile does. To be fair, he did make mention of the net neutrality implications of T-Mobile's "music freedom" promotion. Not surprisingly though, he gave it the kid glove treatment. I doubt that he would've pulled any punches had it been, I dunno, AT&T.

• Like 2

Random question. Does anyone know when sprint's network will show that it is better than its competitors?

What is "better"? Faster speeds? Wider coverage? Best in building penetration? Better is different things for different people. Considering that different people have different priorities I don't think Sprint's network will ever "show that it is better".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Well, what do you know, Sprint just moved from fourth place to second place at Chicago O'Hare airport according to Root Metrics' latest rankings! DL speeds increased from ~2 Mbps in 2H 2013 to 30+ Mbps in 1H 2014, beating out AT&T and T-Mobile.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/ORD-airport

To answer the question above, expect to see Sprint beating or pulling even with competition in many more places this year :)

• Like 13

Well, what do you know, Sprint just moved from fourth place to second place at Chicago O'Hare airport according to Root Metrics' latest rankings! DL speeds increased from ~2 Mbps in 2H 2013 to 30+ Mbps in 1H 2014, beating out AT&T and T-Mobile.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/ORD-airport

To answer the question above, expect to see Sprint beating or pulling even with competition in many more places this year :)

I looked at the OOKLA speedtest rankings yesterday and found about two dozen new places where Sprint has pulled ahead of AT&T. There was only one the last time I checked. It's getting better and better every month.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 15

I Was with brother In law today and he was complaining that he couldn't get webpages to load where we were. He had Verizon lte - nearly full bars. I had NV 3G. Data was running smooth as silk on Sprint - he actually asked to use my phone!

First time a Verizon user has asked to use a Sprint phone for a connection?

• Like 15

Hmmm, they are throwing up new panels on my local tower. This is currently a Sprint only tower. They appear to also be removing the legacy equipment. Band 41 in the Indy suburbs would be a surprise. Threw my camera on the charger. Looking forward to getting some closeups.

• Like 4

Looking forward to getting some closeups.

Me too. :fingers:

It is Band 41.

Edited to sound less like Yoda.

Found Band 41, you did!!

• Like 6

P1000034_zpsd667ea5a.jpg

P1000035_zpsd7962f24.jpg

P1000036_zps1b37fc1c.jpg

P1000038_zpscec83dfe.jpg

P10000382_zpsa6afdc84.jpg

I chatted with one of the guys working on the tower.  he confirmed it was Band 41.  He said they are hauling ass to get stuff up for Sprint.  He is personally pulling 16-17 hour days.

Personally I am kind of surprised about Band 41 in my neighborhood.  Seeing it in downtown Indy would not be that surprising, but I live in the county north of Indianapolis.  I figured 41 would be way off in the future.  I am speculating here but I think prior to Softbank my area never would have seen 41.  

• Like 10

I chatted with one of the guys working on the tower. he confirmed it was Band 41. He said they are hauling ass to get stuff up for Sprint. He is personally pulling 16-17 hour days.

I feel like I should go hide in the bathroom when I look at those pics. Oh yeah!

• Like 4

Found Band 41, you did!!

Going Yoda, cool.. 

Then...

I feel like I should go hide in the bathroom when I look at those pics. Oh yeah!

zdcf7.gif?w=584

• Like 3

I feel like I should go hide in the bathroom when I look at those pics.

Are you having a bad hair day?  "Don't look at me!"

AJ

Im so confused by this engineering screenshot. Was at christana mall in delaware , theres wimax tower in parking lot but no lte conversion there . My screen showing band 41 but im on 3g . Hows this reading possible on galaxy s5 phone ?THis 100 percent wimax clear tower . Could it be band 41 but not connected lte.

Screenshot_2014-07-01-11-49-21.jpg

Im so confused by this engineering screenshot. Was at christana mall in delaware , theres wimax tower in parking lot but no lte conversion there . My screen showing band 41 but im on 3g . Hows this reading possible on galaxy s5 phone ?THis 100 percent wimax clear tower . Could it be band 41 but not connected lte.

It's likely scanning that Band when you took the screenshot. You weren't really connected to it.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Eight transmitting AND eight receiving?  Oh baby...grrrrr!!!!!!!

• Like 5

It just sat there on band 41

Plain and simple, the handset is not connected when PLMN, RSRP, and RSRQ are all null values.

AJ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...