Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Actually thats all my note 5 wants to hang on. I get -110 41 at work but -80/-85 at work on band 26 which is pulling 20mbps to 9mbps on band 41. Not complaining at either one, i will check out note 5 thread to see if a way to set band priority. Just got the phone 3 weeks ago.

Actually, I've not seen it on SCP since nTelos went live, at least not in C'ville.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

You have seen 3 sites inside C'ville with band 41 the same day you sent your last log(dec 2). If it starts with 01A or 01B the site is B41. mikejeep may not having it show B41 all the time. If you see 01A or 01B and don't see B41 post a screenshot and I will send mike a message. 

Interesting that at work in Charlottesville I can't gat data on LTE. Up near Kroger in Rio Hill. No problems with data in the Stony Point area.

Miss signal check. What would be similar for the iPhone?

You have seen 3 sites inside C'ville with band 41 the same day you sent your last log(dec 2). If it starts with 01A or 01B the site is B41. mikejeep may not having it show B41 all the time. If you see 01A or 01B and don't see B41 post a screenshot and I will send mike a message.

This screenshot doesn't exactly pertain, but I was curious how to know the GCI when this happens:

ae07bc4002a77e09a6cb589153d7d356.jpg

Still waiting for Huntington. Shentel is working on it, but I thought for sure they should have been able to fix the issue by now...

I was told that they were having an issue with one of the frequencies.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Actually thats all my note 5 wants to hang on. I get -110 41 at work but -80/-85 at work on band 26 which is pulling 20mbps to 9mbps on band 41. Not complaining at either one, i will check out note 5 thread to see if a way to set band priority. Just got the phone 3 weeks ago.

you need your msl code to edit the priority, default is 25 26 41

• Like 1

You have seen 3 sites inside C'ville with band 41 the same day you sent your last log(dec 2). If it starts with 01A or 01B the site is B41. mikejeep may not having it show B41 all the time. If you see 01A or 01B and don't see B41 post a screenshot and I will send mike a message.

So, I did notice one today!

c995ff873a8c58f86d77d65bd41ed8e1.jpg

Notice that SCP didn't show the 2600 frequency.

and checked my speed on that site (Sorry, AJ!)

e1540c1d9c059cc432a67b4e84d81d3b.jpg

• Like 1

Something is wrong with this picture.... An upload speed of 44Mbps is impossible on any of the LTE bands currently deployed in the nTelos market.

• Like 1

Something is wrong with this picture.... An upload speed of 44Mbps is impossible on any of the LTE bands currently deployed in the nTelos market.

Agree.  Something very odd going on there.  Misconfigured site?

c995ff873a8c58f86d77d65bd41ed8e1.jpg

Were were you when you did this test? It seems way off. 

It's a big variance though. I am guessing misconfigured site.

No, I highly doubt it. It's simply not possible to get that kind of upload given the LTE bands deployed. You would have to devote ALL of the spectrum to solely upload to do it. Even at 10x10, the max upload is roughly 37Mbps, and that is hard to come by. So it's not possible for a site to provide those kinds of speeds, even misconfigured. Additionally, TDD-LTE is very sensitive, if even one site in earshot of any other is misbehaving, it affects the whole network. 

• Like 1

No, I highly doubt it. It's simply not possible to get that kind of upload given the LTE bands deployed. You would have to devote ALL of the spectrum to solely upload to do it. Even at 10x10, the max upload is roughly 37Mbps, and that is hard to come by. So it's not possible for a site to provide those kinds of speeds, even misconfigured. Additionally, TDD-LTE is very sensitive, if even one site in earshot of any other is misbehaving, it affects the whole network.

Thanks for the education. :) So what do you guess is going on then?

Thanks for the education. :) So what do you guess is going on then?

As I said earlier, it was likely a Speedtest server issue. Same reason we saw speedtests coming out of Miami showing well over 100Mbps download before CA was deployed, even before Spark was widely deployed. 

• Like 1