EON Wireless & FTTH provider

Mobilesolutions

You are still thinking locally rather than globally.  Any international expansion may be handled by Softbank and not Sprint. Additionally, Sprints bandwidth holdings have nothing to do with international expansion AND if the numbers are right includes the cost of entering said markets. It may not make sense for Sprint to enter Mexico and/or Canada but it may make sense for Softbank to do it.

I don't care if I am thinking locally instead of globally.  The fact is that Softbank's investment in Sprint is going to take away a lot of financial flexibility for Softbank to just go look into new ventures AT THIS POINT. I never said that Softbank can't ever explore international ventures, I was just saying at this point.

Also I don't see the reason why there has to be a sudden urgency to enter the international market?   Even if it is handled by Softbank, what motivation does Softbank have to enter the Canadian market for example?  I won't even mention Mexico since there isn't rumors about Mexican carriers. 

It was obvious for Softbank to bid on Sprint because they wanted the vast 2.5 GHz spectrum holdings and the potential it can be used to provide an insane LTE network but what is the motivation for entering Canada?  Is it to try to offer a lower cost option of Canadian cell phone service for Canadian citizens?

What frequency do you own then? Answer me that.

He won't answer because he doesn't want to give away his hand. You'll find out when his service launches commercially, like the rest of us.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

These 3 bands will be used first.

905-925 20 Mhz TDD, 3652-3672 20Mhz TDD, 3677-3697 20Mhz TDD

I don't get it. You've confused me to no end...

Are you an MVNO, or regional?

GSM, or CDMA?

It takes $100,000 to start an MVNO...

Commencing something along the lines of Alltel? We're talking millions...

Edited by EmeraldReporter

That's neat. You're gonna' be the next Clearwire.

Will you form roaming agreements with Sprint? I'd like that. Not with T-Mo, not with VZW, and definitely not with AT&T.

You're on our side right? With unlimited roaming, right?? *wink, wink*

Will you be LTE only? Will you implement VoLTE for Sprint use on the 900Mhz freq.?

Edited by EmeraldReporter

I am unsure of my road of roaming agreements.  I am most definitely on your side. 

Central Valley of California is in dire need of competition if you ever think of expanding over here as Google is not thanks to the "red tape". The various counties are extremely efficient and the cities are a hit and miss but far, far better than those in the bay area or major metros like socal. 

Maybe start with West Sacramento, Yolo County, or Sacramento county... 'wink wink'

• Like 2

Central Valley of California is in dire need of competition if you ever think of expanding over here as Google is not thanks to the "red tape". The various counties are extremely efficient and the cities are a hit and miss but far, far better than those in the bay area or major metros like socal. 

Maybe start with West Sacramento, Yolo County, or Sacramento county... 'wink wink'

I was born in San Fran, careful now.  Sac town, Redding, Trinity county, all of Cali.  Give it time, I want wireless EVERYWHERE.

That's neat. You're gonna' be the next Clearwire.

Will you form roaming agreements with Sprint? I'd like that. Not with T-Mo, not with VZW, and definitely not with AT&T.

You're on our side right? With unlimited roaming, right?? *wink, wink*

Will you be LTE only? Will you implement VoLTE for Sprint use on the 900Mhz freq.?

If i had a roaming agreement with Sprint, I would not be in disapproval of trialing VoLte over 900.  An unlimited hotspot? I smell throttling.  The options are manicured data speeds with a cap or unlimited with throttling.  If we left the network's traffic controls untouched unlimited it could get us by for a while, but eventually with full saturation we would be back to square 1. 

*edit, not square 1.  Realistically, in an unlimited and untouched (network IP Qos disabled) full unlimited environment with an MSSTDMA setup you will still have a fast connection, but you would be pushed back in the que of any available sector until your slot arrives. It could be 32ms, it could be 250ms.  The biggest difference between a cap and unlimited is the average speed you will see running if your a type who runs the speedtest.net application; which many of us are quite fond of.   

• Like 2

@mobilesolutions

Is it possible that the 900MHZ that Sprint has can be interoperable with your 900Mhz?

Can I work for your company?

smr900mhz.png

If i moved down to 902 it could be 896-926 all used for Sprint/Eon.  I know there is some low end noise in 902-904 & 926-928; but given the legal power limits within the ISM band an encrypted network will still operate through low interference in those sections.  

Hate to let everyone down on this thread, but those spectrum licenses are for

1. "Light licensed" 3.65GHz. I forget the name of the WiMAX provider that used this spectrum and then went belly-up, taking a lot of BTOP or equivalent funding with them. Was a few years ago. The spectrum itself isn't bad, but there isn't much of it, it's effectively fixed-only (speaking from indirect experience from a telephone co-op that deployed in the band) and you don't have it all to yourself. A license costs under $200 for 10 years nationwide, though you can't operate in 3.65 "Exclusion Zones" around a number of large cities.
  2. Unlicensed 900MHz. This one's a minefield, because the majority of smart meters run in this band. As do a number of existing wireless service providers (WISPs). And, again, not much spectrum there.

Can you run an actual mobile network on either band? All signs point to no...the closest thing you can do is something like Clearwire's desktop modem: a relatively high-powered, self-installed device.

Am I saying that this is all a bad idea? Well, no...it's being done to some extent by a ton of WISPs out there. Heck, if I wasn't so busy writing software I'd execute on what's been a dream of mine since high school. But it's no panacea. Unless I'm missing some secret sauce that William knows and I don't (like hardware that's nearly as cost-effective as Ubiquiti gear but much more performant...or almost as performant and in a much smaller form factor).

Oh, and you aren't going to find LTE in either of those bands. The LTE airlink is way too fragile to perform well with any level of interference that can't be managed tightly (aka you must have full-on licensed spectrum). For what it's worth, if you could convince Globalstar to let you rent TLPS from them, you could run TD-LTE on that. But none of us here have the money to do that for more than a few days.

Lastly, if you're doing fixed wireless, 5.x GHz or MV-DDS spectrum (~12GHz) is preferable to lower bands, due to the capacity available. MV-DDS is actually available in a few (rural) areas on reasonable licensing terms, though most of it is owned by...you guessed it...Dish. 5.x is the same spectrum that 802.11ac routers ramp up on, so it'll get more cluttered as time goes on. But it'll still be usable for high-bandwidth PtMP fixed wireless for awhile yet, and you can actually compete with the lower end of cable on a speed basis. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper to deploy than LTE (the equipment as well as the licenses) or fiber.

Re: Sprint in 900, not gonna happen. That band doesn't work for wideband (anything beyond XX KHz) communications, which is what you'd want in this case. Besides, folks other than the public at large own those channels. Public safety, Sprint, or whoever. You might be able to tune existing 900MHz equipment to send/receive on those frequencies, but then you'd be breaking the law.