The Iphone 5s & Iphone 5c [not Tri-Band LTE] (was "Next iPhone to be announced on September 10")

sbolen

I hope to upgrade as well

Why not switch to Android?

Depends on preference, I like android but I'm suited better for Apple, I'm just glad we've got choice haha

• Like 4

I will be watching this closely... I am almost for sure going with the Galaxy Note 3 on my Sprint line (or maybe a ONE MAX)... but I might port my Net10 Nexus4 line to the in-laws Verizon plan onto a new iPhone.  But Apple will have to impress (I have been very disappointed with the 4S and 5 -- almost no improvement on the 4...)

• Like 1

BUT BUT BUT... you will not be able to help me map on Sensorly all over South Carolina!!!

Depends on preference, I like android but I'm suited better for Apple, I'm just glad we've got choice haha

I will be watching this closely... I am almost for sure going with the Galaxy Note 3 on my Sprint line (or maybe a ONE MAX)... but I might port my Net10 Nexus4 line to the in-laws Verizon plan onto a new iPhone. But Apple will have to impress (I have been very disappointed with the 4S and 5 -- almost no improvement on the 4...)

The iPhone 5 is a HUGE improvement over the 4s and especially the 4.

• Like 2

That is really bashing the 4 and 4S then. 2 posts in this thread and you are bashing apple already?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I had the 4 and my wife had the 4S -- very VERY little difference (other than Siri, which other than to find where to bury a dead body was not very useful).... I have only played with a 5 a bit in the store -- but other than an extra row of icons seemed nearly identical to my wife's 4S...

Don't get me wrong -- great phone.  Better in some ways than Android and worse in others.  Biggest deal is Apple has stalled while Android has really picked up on many of it's shortcomings. (Wife went from EVO to 4S to GS4 and has seen this evolution 1st hand)...

• Like 1

What? what are you talking about.. Just offering

I was actually trying to be funny. Seems everybody gets excited when somebody talks about Android in a iPhone thread and vis-versa.

I forgot to add the smiley face. :)

I'm an iPhone convert (from Android). I still love Android, especially the newest iteration. iPhone just works better for me and my wife. I prefer Apple's ecosystem.

I wish I could have both, honestly. Especially when the new TriBand phones come out.

• Like 7

Oh man. This means this one will launch at $200, the iPhone 4 will go EOL, the 5 will become $100, and the 4S will become free at POS with an upgrade or new line activation. Siri for everyone!

(Personally, due to things like LTE and BC10 CDMA, I'm hoping they announce a "low-cost" iPhone for the "free" category and just drop the 4 and 4S entirely. But, that's a Sprint-centric viewpoint)

• Like 3

Oh man. This means this one will launch at $200, the iPhone 4 will go EOL, the 5 will become $100, and the 4S will become free at POS with an upgrade or new line activation. Siri for everyone!

(Personally, due to things like LTE and BC10 CDMA, I'm hoping they announce a "low-cost" iPhone for the "free" category and just drop the 4 and 4S entirely. But, that's a Sprint-centric viewpoint)

I think they will.. It will be the 5S and the 5C.. Maybe a 4S for the third category though...

I think they will.. It will be the 5S and the 5C.. Maybe a 4S for the third category though...

Yeah, if the 5C comes out, they'll either have 4 devices, or drop the 4 and 4S and just have 3 like they have in the past.

They might even keep the 4 and 4S around for a few months until inventory dries up, and then tell everyone to buy the 5C.

Who knows! It's all speculation until that very day.

Guys...let's be respectful of people's choice of smartphone platform. iOS is a perfectly viable platform for many S4GRU members. There really isn't a better OS, there is just a better one for you. I may start removing pointless/unhelpful comments about iOS or Android made by fanboys. Let's keep our comments constructive! Thanks.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 13

I may start removing pointless/unhelpful comments about iOS or Android made by fanboys.

Or we could start moving those posts to the nascent "social status thread."

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Yeah, if the 5C comes out, they'll either have 4 devices, or drop the 4 and 4S and just have 3 like they have in the past.

They might even keep the 4 and 4S around for a few months until inventory dries up, and then tell everyone to buy the 5C.

Who knows! It's all speculation until that very day.

Of course all speculation, but without rumors and speculation it would be no fun.

I read somewhere this morning that the thinking would be the 5C would have inexpensive insides -- but in keeping with Apple's way, it would likely be something like 4S stuff (keep using existing supply chains and lines etc)....

That would likely make it a 5C budget, 5 value, and 5S high-performance three tier system... which makes total sense (and gets all the phones on one 4" size screen).

Which to me is a mistake... I think rather than one-size different performances, they would be better to have a 4S size, 5S size and a larger 5" or so size...

• Like 1

Guys...let's be respectful of people's choice of smartphone platform. iOS is a perfectly viable platform for many S4GRU members. There really isn't a better OS, there is just a better one for you. I may start removing pointless/unhelpful comments about iOS or Android made by fanboys. Let's keep our comments constructive! Thanks.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I like to think I remain contructive in all posts, hope I am anyways...

On the other hand, iOS is totally not viable for the S4GRU community... NO SENSORLY!

I like to think I remain contructive in all posts, hope I am anyways...

On the other hand, iOS is totally not viable for the S4GRU community... NO SENSORLY!

Just because Sensorly isn't capable of mapping on iOS right now, doesn't mean that once iOS 7 is released that it can't be updated to support it. For me, iOS is more viable of an operating system than Android after I went through 4 defective phones in a one year period. I'm still willing to give Android another shot later down the road, but not right now.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2