New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/07/10/new-sprint-unlimited-my-way-and-my-all-in-plans-detailed-in-leaked-document/

After some quick calculations, Sprint's "My All-In" Play will be 9 dollars more than T-Mobile's Unlimited Everything but the added bonus with Sprint is that you get 5GB of tethering included rather than 500MB of tethering.

Awesome to me! Is SoftBank stepping in already?

• Like 3

I also received this from a source this morning.  It goes into effect 7/17.  The biggest draw back to me is the reduction of roaming to 100MB from 300MB.  That alone will keep me with my current plan.

Additionally, once you get to 4 lines, this is more expensive than existing plans.  Above three lines, each additional smartphone line is $29 per month now for unlimited data.  Above three lines, each additional smartphone line is $50 per month for unlimited data on the new plan.

Probably a necessary step.  But I will keep my plan as long as I can.

Robert

• Like 3

looks like they are going to make more money on this then the plans they have now.  It will definately get people from the other carriers that see the "options" and don't do the math. 

new plan-3 phones= $50+$40+$30=$120+(3x$30)=$210

old plan-3 phones= $110+(3x$10)+(2x$20)=$190

I'll stick with my plan plus discount.

• Like 3

I also received this from a source this morning.  It goes into effect 7/17.  The biggest draw back to me is the reduction of roaming to 100MB from 300MB.  That alone will keep me with my current plan.

Additionally, once you get to 4 lines, this is more expensive than existing plans.  Above three lines, each additional smartphone line is $29 per month now for unlimited data.  Above three lines, each additional smartphone line is $50 per month for unlimited data on the new plan.

Probably a necessary step.  But I will keep my plan as long as I can.

Robert

I noticed that roaming decrease afterwards too. It made me kinda sad but it is probably to save money to invest into the network.

Isn't this in conjunction with the fact that New Sprint will have a lot more coverage?

Isn't this in conjunction with the fact that New Sprint will have a lot more coverage?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was saying maybe this decrease in roaming goes hand in hand with an expansion of the network. Masayoshi was talking big about that 16 billion and an LTE network as large as Verizon's LTE network so I don't know what's going to happen next!

What about the option to mix and match tablets, hotspots, etc. with these new plans like you can do with VZW and AT&T?

Edit: I see that you can add 1GB of hotpsot data for $10, but what if one wants/needs more than that?

Since you beat me to it i will post the pic. Looks like they may limit Everything Data at some point and are going to start throttling streaming video.

By limit, you mean limit the availability, correct?  Yes, I can see them scrapping the Everything Data plans for new customers and making them go to these new My Way plans.  Throttled streaming video appears to be on the My Way plans only...for now.

Robert

• Like 1

But then again, I can always stream at 1Mbps if the ping is low enough. I think that the streaming limit is supposed to cut back on the abusers. The people that use the network as an ISP of sorts and make the network near unusable.

What about the option to mix and match tablets, hotspots, etc. with these new plans like you can do with VZW and AT&T?

Edit: I see that you can add 1GB of hotpsot data for $10, but what if one wants/needs more than that?

I think that each GB is an extra 10 dollars. That means an extra $100 for 10GB of tethering.

I'm also seeing that these new plans are non-discountable  :o and streaming video may be limited to 1 Mbps. A lot of fine print and caveats to sort out.

It's discountable it just comes off your data plan. Since everyone is else is posting pictures I'll post where it says that.

Edit Tapa talk didn't want to let me attach a picture. Grr

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The 2 and 6GB hotspot plans are still there. Fine print.

Very fine. Jeez, not even 40 yet and my eyes are apparently already starting fail me.  :(

At first blush, it seems like they need to tweak this plan just a little bit.

What's the overage on the 1GB smart phone data? The 30 per phone for unlimited data makes these plans more costly than my current one with 4 phones.

If they forced me off my plan I have now before network speeds were use able, i would be leaving sprint, so hopefully they don't try to do that, since 3 of my 4 contracts are up this year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I would switch. I don't mind the 1Mbps streaming. The only time I stream is with music, which doesn't need 1Mbps and on WiFi at home. A YouTube video can be watched in HQ or HD believe it or not with a low ping 1Mbps connection.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I was saying maybe this decrease in roaming goes hand in hand with an expansion of the network. Masayoshi was talking big about that 16 billion and an LTE network as large as Verizon's LTE network so I don't know what's going to happen next!

They have to build the network first.  Should we leave and come back after the network is complete?

Robert

• Like 2

At 1.5 cents a mb overage, you are insane to not take unlimited unless you are crazy careful with your data. If they capped your total data at 30 that would be cool, but I doubt they will.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It's listed as 1.5 cents a mb in the QRB, but then on.another page in FAQ it says .5 cents/15 GBP. So I'm not sure which is correct

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They have to build the network first.  Should we leave and come back after the network is complete?

Robert

My insinuation was that this is for new customers, again who are not into the details, who are comming over from other providers.  This is also with the expectation that the network will be completed in a timely manner thus decreasing the need for data roaming.

I know with the latest problems i've had, i've raomed quite a bit even at home.

• Like 3

Does anyone else think that the unlimited guarantee is foreshadowing of data caps in the future, or just covering their bases for way down the line?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2