New Sprint Plans...Unlimited, My Way, My All-In

Paynefanbro

Maybe this has been brought up and I missed it...but if some say the old plans aren't going away.  Why is it that the regular plans on the website are gone?  Then the craziest thing is if I was customer with 3 smartphones  it would be cheaper to go with AT&T.  I'm trying to read through all this on their site along with the comments made here and none of this makes sense.  Basically what this means to me is Sprint does not want any new customers.  No one in their right mind is going to pay more for Sprint than AT&T and VZW.  It used to be you got what you paid for.

Maybe I'm missing something with all this.  And no I'm not talking about current customers.  Talking about a typical 3-4 line family.  A co-worker of mine has been thinking of switching.  I told him to wait until the fall until the network vision was almost complete in our area first.  His contract was up in October.  He lives like a quarter mile from a site and his friends have Sprint and their calls work in his house.  AT&T isn't that great at his house.  The only thing he was worried about was the large portion of roaming on his trip from through Mississippi and North LA to his parents.  There's no way I'm going to talk him into switching when it is going to cost this much now.

That's my issue. I don't NEED unlimited. Between the 4 lines I have, we rarely go over 4 gb if ever. I'd be hard pressed to go with Sprint over AT&T or VZ given such a small price disparity. I have to say I have no clue what is going on.

It seems Sprint believes they're part of the "Big 3", when realistically, they are not all that different from T-Mo until 800mhz is widely deployed.

Take my like sir....

Been saying this for years...

Sprint follows the big 2 in a lot of things where they could take a different route to differentiate themselves.

Rather than these plans they could have just added the ability to add lines 6-10 for $40 a piece shared.

Or setup a 700 minute everything data plan for families that don't even come close to using their minutes.

• Like 1

From the looks of things, the single line plan is actually in improvement (or at least is no worse) than the old plans. Compared to the everything data 450, the new plan gives you for the same price the same unlimited data and messaging but with unlimited minutes, and you have a 1GB data option (instead of unlimited ) that makes it $10 cheeper for light data users. I haven't seen the promised 1GB hotspot option though, when I switched it only gave me the option to add a 2 or 6GB hotspot.  :( I only use hotspot on rare occasions, so having a cheeper hotspot option would be very useful.

I did a little comparison, and where they seem to be losing people is those with 3 or 4 lines, which is a lot of families. They would be more competitive if they simply made the 3rd line $20 instead of $30. It wouldn't completely destroy their new pricing scheme, but it would make plans with 3-4 lines more price competitive, which is the weak spot in their new rate plans in my opinion. 

• Like 2

That's my issue. I don't NEED unlimited. Between the 4 lines I have, we rarely go over 4 gb if ever. I'd be hard pressed to go with Sprint over AT&T or VZ given such a small price disparity. I have to say I have no clue what is going on.

I'm curious, what arrangement of Smart and dumb phones do you have? 

I'm curious, what arrangement of Smart and dumb phones do you have?

4 smartphones on an everything data plan for ~220$/month. I could get 4 smartphones on AT&T for 230$/month before a discount with 6gb.

So confused here now...  most families I know have 3 or 4 lines on the account.  The message I'm getting is they don't want those customers, send them over to AT&T and VZW since it is cheaper over there.  Then I just thought about the 100 mb roaming as well.  Don't think that would fly with my co-worker either since he travels/visits a couple times a month where only VZW or AT&T have coverage.  Just as they were turning the ship around and about to shake off a bit of the network stigma they prevent new families from signing up.  I really hope I'm misinterpreting all of this some how.

• Like 5

for me, it would run only $20 more to have verizon, and thats if i go with 8 gigs (if i go with only 4, same price)  But im sticking with sprint until it makes me switch plans :) 

I'm not sure what to say about these new plans except that I can see more family plan customers giving even less (to no consideration at all) for Sprint because the prices are now more comparable to AT&T/VZW.

I'm about at the point that I may just tell my cousin (who has a 3 line family plan on USCC and is gonna be forced to switch soon) to just run for AT&T and tell her to forget all the good things I've said about Sprint. My reasoning with her was that Sprint has an equally as good network as AT&T in Chicago and is MUCH cheaper....but without the cheaper part they may as well go with AT&T, she would get a decent sized discount from them being a government employee. 

As for us and our two line plan If we're not grandfathered in at upgrade time then I'll wait out the contract and see what T-Mobile's up to. I'll only consider staying and paying higher prices if they have the rest of their act together by then. 

• Like 2

Remembering the article referenced in this topic: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2063-sprint-ceo-dan-hesse-says-that-sprint-may-raise-prices-when-lte-footprint-gets-competitive/

FTA: "We have a competitive disadvantage in terms of LTE footprint," Hesse said. "You don't increase your price when you have a network footprint disadvantage. You want to wait and think of that until you get to that point."

Uh, think you may have pulled the trigger a little early there Dan...

• Like 9

4 smartphones on an everything data plan for ~220$/month. I could get 4 smartphones on AT&T for 230$/month before a discount with 6gb

Yup, it's currently almost a wash, if you exclude the discounts of course. In your case, you might as well stay on your current plan. These new plans seem to be most competitive with heavy phone data users. (hot spots on sprint are extra since phone data is unlimited), and users with either a small or large number of lines on their plan. Only a small minority of people with 3-4 lines who were using a lot of anytime minutes will be the same or better off under the new plan. 

If I do not have an Unlimited, My Way or My All-in plan, do I have The Sprint Unlhttp://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4184-new-sprint-plansunlimited-my-way-my-all-in/page-21&do=findComment&comment=168191imited Guarantee?

No. The Everything Data and Simply Everything plans are still available and continue to offer unlimited data and to provide a premier wireless experience. However, The Sprint Unlimited Guarantee applies only to the Unlimited, My Way and My All-in plans.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_the_Sprint_Unlimited_Guarantee/af10f458-f208-4006-bc89-a21dffa90fc2?INTCID=AB:HERO:071213:UnlimitedForLife:CUS:960x320#faq8

They still have the  everything Data and SImply Everything plans...

Please, go ahead and show us where on the website you can still sign up for them. Because it isn't there, even if they are still offering it in store people will probably be pushed towards the new plans, same goes for telesales.

If I do not have an Unlimited, My Way or My All-in plan, do I have The Sprint Unlhttp://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4184-new-sprint-plansunlimited-my-way-my-all-in/page-21&do=findComment&comment=168191imited Guarantee?

No. The Everything Data and Simply Everything plans are still available and continue to offer unlimited data and to provide a premier wireless experience. However, The Sprint Unlimited Guarantee applies only to the Unlimited, My Way and My All-in plans.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Learn_more_about_the_Sprint_Unlimited_Guarantee/af10f458-f208-4006-bc89-a21dffa90fc2?INTCID=AB:HERO:071213:UnlimitedForLife:CUS:960x320#faq8

Or they could simply mean for those who already have it.

Just because they're not on the website doesn't mean you can get them,  ASK FOR THEM... they still have them, and you want the either the Everything Data and Simply Everything plans their still able to sign you up for them, they just prefer you go with the "new" option, just because they'll "probably be pushing you toward the new plans".. Doesn't mean you still can't have the old.... PUSH BACK...

Have you actually walked into a store and tried to get on one of the older plans? It's not people on this board I'm concerned about, it's normal people that may end up looking into Sprint. If the plans aren't advertised well and people don't know about them a careless Rep could simply direct people into the new plans, even if the old would fit them better. That's my issue with this.

Just because they're not on the website doesn't mean you can get them,  ASK FOR THEM... they still have them, and you want the either the Everything Data and Simply Everything plans their still able to sign you up for them, they just prefer you go with the "new" option, just because they'll "probably be pushing you toward the new plans".. Doesn't mean you still can't have the old.... PUSH BACK...

Have you actually walked into a store and tried to get on one of the older plans? It's not people on this board I'm concerned about, it's normal people that may end up looking into Sprint. If the plans aren't advertised well and people don't know about them a careless Rep could simply direct people into the new plans, even if the old would fit them better. That's my issue with this.

I see your point, Epic4G25.. There wouldn't be a way for possible new customers to know about the older plans unless they were sent there by someone from this forum or others that are aware of it..

Lol... Normal people? We're not normal?".. (I get what you're saying, though. Just thought it was a little humorous. :D )

I would try to walk into the store and try, but they already know who I am and that I've been with Sprint for a little over 3 years..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

One way to find out.. Go in and ask.. :D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

A typical joe on the street isn't going to ask anyone, they are going to shop the internet or listen to the Timmy at Best Buy attempt to sell him the plans that are more than AT&T and VZW.  The customer then looks at the info between the carriers and selects the one that is cheaper that gives him more.  Simple.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been with them about the same amount of time. This really wouldn't be that big of a deal if all the Reps were decent and honest... But that's not always the case. I know my closest store wouldn't recommend the older plans even if they saved the person money. As for not being normal I'll use one of my favorite quotes "I'm not drunk, I'm just psychotic..."

I see your point, Epic4G25.. There wouldn't be a way for possible new customers to know about the older plans unless they were sent there by someone from this forum or others that are aware of it..

Lol... Normal people? We're not normal?".. (I get what you're saying, though. Just thought it was a little humorous. :D )

I would try to walk into the store and try, but they already know who I am and that I've been with Sprint for a little over 3 years..

Edited by Epic4G25

Yeah, I've been with them about the same amount of time. This really wouldn't be that big of a deal if all the Reps were decent and honest... But that's not always the case. I know my closest store wouldn't recommend the older plans even if they saved the person money. As for not being normal I'll use one of my favorite quotes "I'm not drunk, I'm just psychotic..."

Decent and honest Reps.. We all could wish.. I doubt my local store would offer them the old plans, some barely know their job that well..

I have a couple people interested in moving to Sprint and of course I'll make sure they know about the. "older" plans and to ask for them..

Not that It'll help much, I'll go in with them when they sign up, and I'll ask the Reps about It.

By the way.. Nice quote.. Who's it by?

• Like 1

Let me know what you find out when you go to sign them up.

Decent and honest Reps.. We all could wish.. I doubt my local store would offer them the old plans, some barely know their job that well..

I have a couple people interested in moving to Sprint and of course I'll make sure they know about the. "older" plans and to ask for them..

Not that It'll help much, I'll go in with them when they sign up, and I'll ask the Reps about It.

This thread seems to have turned into a referendum on the new plans as well as the competitiveness of Sprint in general; with an upgrade for me just 2 weeks away I don't really know what I'm going to do with these plan choices; like many we rarely use 450 voice minutes so why have unlimited talk time; what most of us need is cheaper data rates and honestly I just don't see cheaper data for us in the future with the vast proliferation of smart phones & tablets taking over the pc space and making video streaming on a mobile device a reality for millions of people; so for now I'll stay put on the old plans (if they will let me at upgrade time)

Let me know what you find out when you go to sign them up.

I will do that. Might be a week to a month before they sign up..

I thought about going to Walmart wireless store or radio shack and see what they say. Out of curiosity..

• Like 1

This thread seems to have turned into a referendum on the new plans as well as the competitiveness of Sprint in general; with an upgrade for me just 2 weeks away I don't really know what I'm going to do with these plan choices; like many we rarely use 450 voice minutes so why have unlimited talk time; what most of us need is cheaper data rates and honestly I just don't see cheaper data for us in the future with the vast proliferation of smart phones & tablets taking over the pc space and making video streaming on a mobile device a reality for millions of people; so for now I'll stay put on the old plans (if they will let me at upgrade time)

This is my biggest concern/curiousity. Please keep us updated on if they allow you to.