Sensorly and iOS 7

kory108

iOS 7 will include a new API for developers called Core Telephone Framework (CoreTelephony.framework) that will give them information about the type of radio technology used by the device and current signal strength.

This information was not officially available in previous iOS versions. From my understanding this is what was stopping Sensorly from allowing mapping on iPhones. With this new API does anyone know if Sensory will be updating to allow mapping? I'd love to get out there and help fill in my neighborhood!

Source: http://gadgetunit.com/2013/06/10/apple-releases-ios-7-beta-1-release-notes/

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

What's available is some indication of the radio access technology. But we still don't have signal strength so we wouldn't know whether to draw  dark purple or light purple :(

How is RootMetrics able to do it then?

If they show the signal strength in the app, I don't know how they do it since there are no public APIs for that.

They never showed numbers, but whatever the bars were, they would show that when recording. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought it'd be assumed from the thread title but I probably should have clarified... How can I tell this in iOS (not jailbroken)?

Dial *3001#12345#* and then Call.

This takes you into Field Test

Tap Serving Cell Info and look at the Frequency Band Indicator.

Dial *3001#12345#* and then Call.This takes you into Field TestTap Serving Cell Info and look at the Frequency Band Indicator.

OK, thanks.

I guess on an iPad (not jailbroken) I am SOL since there is no dial pad, right?

Edited by GoWireless