Funding ideas

1. For internal source and Sprint based reasons, S4GRU needs to remain a non profit educational site.
  2. A $5 required donation suggests to people that a $5 donation is sufficient.  In actuality, S4GRU requires many times that amount per sponsor to keep the site running.

AJ

• Like 2

1. For internal source and Sprint based reasons, S4GRU needs to remain a non profit educational site.

Why would that mean ads could not be used?  If all funds from the ads are devoted / invested to the site then there would be no profit made.

google adsense, Money can go from there to funding this site.

Why would that mean ads could not be used?  If all funds from the ads are devoted / invested to the site then there would be no profit made.

Nope, guys, accepting ads would mean that S4GRU is a commercial site, and that might mean the party is over.  Forget the ads.

Do you not think that we have considered these possibilities already?  If circumstances change, then we may change our funding methods, but not right now.

AJ

• Like 2

Nope, guys, accepting ads would mean that S4GRU is a commercial site, and that might mean the party is over.  Forget the ads.

Do you not think that we have considered these possibilities already?  If circumstances change, then we may change our funding methods, but not right now.

AJ

hmm to bad, google adsense can bring in the $

What is your monthly operating cost?

My winning bid for the nextel countdown clock was $190 and it was said that is enough to run the site for 10 days.  So call it $20 a day at 30 days and i would say $600 is a decent estimation based off that figure.

Im thinking of a contest and Robert setup another ebay sell(old equipment or maybe someone could donate something of some use. The winner of the contest wins the item but bid total goes to site donation. You have to bid to play in the contest. Maybe be some gray areas but definitely wanna see the site taken care of financially cause we still go another NV round to get through and havent even finished the first one.

I think something like that would be worth $9.99 if it were a use able and had some good capabilities.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

A good app that would actually display the right place with the tower you hooked up to . Every app out there is wrong in my area. Most the time it'll tell you with which way the sector is pointed to the farthest distance at that tower.... That Google crap is wrong

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Oh, you want an app? Okay. For the low price of $200 we will offer the "I Love S4GRU" app.

Launch the app, and an image of a smiling Robert will let everyone know that you love S4GRU.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Rich

AJ

• Like 6

Oh, you want an app? Okay. For the low price of $200 we will offer the "I Love S4GRU" app.

Launch the app, and an image of a smiling Robert will let everyone know that you love S4GRU.

AJ

... He has to have a chicken wing in hand

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

... He has to have a chicken wing in hand

As Cartman would say, medium spicy!

AJ

• Like 1

AJ

1 - 5 installs...quite sad...  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.schiztech.mostexpensiveapp

• Like 1

I think something like that would be worth $9.99 if it were a use able and had some good capabilities.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

A really good app would be worth it. But would be very expensive to develop. At least a lot of man hours. A simple app that works off of the current map of accepted sites would be somewhat simple. Showing what you are connected to and stuff would be alot more coding. Just something simple that already uses the marker points that Robert already codes every night. Even a container window app would be useful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If we are wanting to do an app I like the "report LTE connection" button that screenshots your engineering screen and puts a dot on the map showing some basic connection ststistics . this way its user generated and non sponsors can have a general idea of where LTe is available without seeing GPS locations for the sites.

I suppose there are still some hiccups in the idea.

• Like 1

Might i ask why does this site cost so much to run? Please tell me this is not a being paid for through a hosted provider. In terms of usage what is the amout of bandwith you guys are using per month.

IP Board can be self hosted.

Is it a problem of maintaining a server or two yourself? The big question to me is, what is going to happen when NV is complete and traffic slows down to this site. Where is the money going to come from? There is only so big of a user base for this content.