A Message from Robert. A thank you and a request for help

S4GRU

Dear S4GRU Members:

I first just want to say...thank you! I got back from vacation this week. I am amazed how well everything went without me and David being here. We have a great staff and a good group of mature members. I thank you all for letting me feel like I could take a vacation. I appreciated all the comments asking me to forget this place and have a good time. I did exactly that.

I am making good strides catching up after several late nights. However, I still have 100's of PM's and Emails that I'm going through. I want to ask for your patience while I catch up. I was behind before I even left for vacation, and now I'm buried.

So if it seems like it is taking a long time for me to respond, I apologize. I will try to get responses out as soon as possible. I thank you for your patience. I try to respond to every PM and email.

And now, for the HELP part...

Additionally, we are really running low on funds. Our donations have been down every month this year, taking in less and less. We started the year with a surplus. Now we will likely just have enough on hand to pay our April expenses, barely. If you ever considered giving to S4GRU for the first time, giving additional donations, renewing your sponsorship, upgrading your sponsor level or providing a scholarship for other less fortunate members, now would be a great time to donate! :frantic:

I hope you enjoy S4GRU. We need our members regular contributions to keep the site online. I don't ask to make money, just cover our expenses. I thank you in advance for any spare funds you can donate to the cause. And if you are expecting a healthy tax refund, we wouldn't mind if you shared a portion of it! :tu:

Just an interesting note...I do appreciate those of you who only donate a buck or two. I certainly can understand if that is all you can afford. However, did you know that if you added up all the $1 donations we've ever received, it is roughly the same amount as the single top giver has given in total. It takes one hundred $1 givers to equal the same as one Premier Sponsor. Even though $5 or $10 doesn't seem like a lot more than a buck, it means 5x to 10x more revenue. We need on average $20 - $25 per new Sponsor to meet our monthly expenses. If you cannot afford to give more, we understand. However, if you do have a spare $10, $15, $25 or more, we will put it to good use.

Over the next few weeks, I will be delegating a few more tasks to people offering help, so I can spend more time on Administering the site and add more content. I have a huge backlog of projects, like adding more maps and changing the format of the NV Sites Complete Maps and Daily Site Updates. With our members time and financial help, we can make S4GRU an even better community. We will also be adding back regular scheduled chats soon.

I look forward to learning, chatting and enjoying more with you about wireless networks in the coming weeks and months. This site is a wonderful resource because of all of your participation.

Thank you! :thx:

Robert

• Like 24

My car is going to be running near empty / on fumes till almost the end of the month thanks to ya :|...

It's little but I'm sure it's better than nothing. :P

[curse the $4.09 CA gas prices]

• Like 2

What's worse is that CA gas stations started doing a BS trick with their price signs. I don't know what rule change happened but in the past, there is usually one giant sign that showed the gas price of Normal, Midgrade, and Premium and you pay that price. But recently, every other gas station has the giant sign in addition to a really small sign for CREDIT/DEBIT that is $0.10-0.20 more expensive than the price on the giant signs. Really lame as you can easily miss that small sign and pay an extra 10-20 cents per gallon...

tPvBGDr.png

// little off topic.... back to donating! Yep! Donate donate donate donate donate!

[Don't donate human body parts though....]

• Like 1

I can help with non confidential info next week after I finish helping tint this library we've been working on the last 2 weeks.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I was gonna go buy $20 worth of video games, but I spend more time on this site. Sent your way.

Screw it, I'm buying the games too.

• Like 4

Let me make this a bit more interesting. Are you on the fence about becoming a Premier Sponsor?

Well, here is an offer that you should not refuse. Donate $50, and I will match your $50 donation to get you over the hump. This is a one time deal and limited to the first two members to respond to Robert via PM.

As for Premier status, if you are at all curious about the intricacies of the Sprint and Nextel networks, as well as Network Vision deployment schedule, Premier is worth it for the maps alone. Trust me.

AJ

• Like 12

Just got home from the airport a few hours ago, I will definitely be donating first thing in the morning.

• Like 4

Let me make this a bit more interesting. Are you on the fence about becoming a Premier Sponsor?

Well, here is an offer that you should not refuse. Donate $50, and I will match your $50 donation to get you over the hump. This is a one time deal and limited to the first two members to respond to Robert via PM.

As for Premier status, if you are at all curious about the intricacies of the Sprint and Nextel networks, as well as Network Vision deployment schedule, Premier is worth it for the maps alone. Trust me.

AJ

lilotimz and drir took you up on the offer. Thanks AJ for stepping up to the plate, and lilotimz and drir meeting the match. This was a great idea.

Robert

• Like 4

lilotimz and drir took you up on the offer. Thanks AJ for stepping up to the plate, and lilotimz and drir meeting the match. This was a great idea.

Robert

Thanks AJ and thanks Robert for this site and all you do. I've always wanted to support at higher levels but being a first year teacher paying back student loans makes it difficult but this was definitely a great way to push me over the edge :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Thank you for supporting S4GRU, lilotimz and drir. I have matched both of your donations, and I see that you have already been upgraded to Premier status. Enjoy and learn!

AJ

• Like 11

Thank you for supporting S4GRU, lilotimz and drir. I have matched both of your donations, and I see that you have already been upgraded to Premier status. Enjoy and learn!

AJ

Aww, crud, Robert!! Now you've done it!! Everybody knows that AJ is a space alien from another planet! By accepting his offer, you have made S4GRU a National Security Threat! Any minute now, you will get an Unsolicited Takeover Offer from Charlie Ergen, and this forum will become just another surly, non-responsive puppet of Dish! Doggone it doggone it doggone it!

• Like 1