Network Vision/LTE - Panhandle Market

cmitchell17

Does anybody have any info for network vision in the panhandle market. I've seen comments that it's not in first or second round so it won't be started until at least 2013, but I don't see any announcements on it. It seems like when you search the internet for Sprint network problems Tallahassee pops up a lot and probably due to having 2 universities and being the state capital is stressing the 3g network. That and asking with how crazy the city and county here are about permitting.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have any info for network vision in the panhandle market. I've seen comments that it's not in first or second round so it won't be started until at least 2013, but I don't see any announcements on it. It seems like when you search the internet for Sprint network problems Tallahassee pops up a lot and probably due to having 2 universities and being the state capital is stressing the 3g network. That and asking with how crazy the city and county here are about permitting.

They just starting mounting panels today on the site in ellisville fl which is in the Panhandle market so I'd imagine Tallahassee has or will have work going on soon other than the ground mount sites that have been completed.

• Like 1

The Sprint Network website indicates that they have supposedly done work on the 3G speeds/capacity in the past 6 months, but it is still close to being unusable near FSU campus

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it is completely unusable anywhere on FSU campus. But the other day I was getting about 400-500kb download but then it seemed to go back to the usual 30 40kb or just fail the test. Only places in Tallahassee where you can get any good speeds is either anywhere around the interstate or Tharpe and high road.

I had Sprint 5 years ago, maybe 6 now and back then it was great. It quickly turned unusable shortly after that, and I switched to Verizon. My friends still have sprint and man is it bad in Tallahassee. Dropped calls, unusable data, just pathetic for the last 5 years straight. Its sad really that sprint does not maintain its network.... and they have been talking about network vision and wimax for years like they were going to be the savior, and we never even got wimax here.

Just for my friends sake, I cant wait till the Network vision sites are deployed so that the 3G becomes usable again, they can talk around town, and the people with LTE phones can actually use them.

Its been a long time coming, but I will not give sprint a dime until i have fully tested that network.

• 2 weeks later...

First LTE site accepted in The Panhandle market today. It's out in the middle of nowhere, west of Lake City. But it's a start. It will be posted on the NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsor section in an hour or so.

Robert

• 1 month later...

I saw the sensorly in Tallahassee too. I have an S2 so can't map LTE but it looks like its on 27 east of Capital Circle where its probably not needed at all because it dosent look like it expands to southwood. I haven't been to that side of town to see if 3G is better though.

Lately it seems as though things have been getting worse at my house on the northwest side of town. Even voice is starting to go in and out when it was fine before. The only place where you can be gaurennteed under 150ms and 1Mb is anywhere near I-10.

I went to Panama City this weekend and I feel very sorry for anyone there with sprint. Not only was data completely unusable anywhere in the Panama City Beach area voice was also not working. I though my phone had messed up some I did a SCTRN reset and could not get my phone to work basically until I got back to Tallahassee. I don't see how that is acceptable to have that kind of service

• 1 month later...

LTE confirmed in Tallahassee!  It is located at the corner of High Rd and Tharpe St I have been testing it with multiple speed test apps, and have gotten between 8 and 30 down with pings between 35 and 70ms.
8a3amyqu.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I saw the sensorly in Tallahassee too. I have an S2 so can't map LTE but it looks like its on 27 east of Capital Circle where its probably not needed at all because it dosent look like it expands to southwood. I haven't been to that side of town to see if 3G is better though.

Lately it seems as though things have been getting worse at my house on the northwest side of town. Even voice is starting to go in and out when it was fine before. The only place where you can be gaurennteed under 150ms and 1Mb is anywhere near I-10.

I went to Panama City this weekend and I feel very sorry for anyone there with sprint. Not only was data completely unusable anywhere in the Panama City Beach area voice was also not working. I though my phone had messed up some I did a SCTRN reset and could not get my phone to work basically until I got back to Tallahassee. I don't see how that is acceptable to have that kind of service

1.5 years since your post, I was in Panama City Beach yesterday (Pier Park).  The 4G (LTE 1900) was unfortunately too intermittent and definitely unavailable inside any bar or restaurant.  The 3G (CDMA 1900) was usable, but only for basic voice, texts, and slow internet usage.

NV 2.0 is needed to fill in the "Swiss cheese" network through much of the Panhandle east into northern Florida.

I haven't been back to PC, but I have a moto x 2nd gen now on Republic so I have tri band. It doesn't appear to help consistently get 4g without dropping. If you go on the north side (Capital Circle and I10) there is definitely a legacy tower there, I guess there having permitting trouble. There is other places too where it goes back to the almost unusable data, but then again Verizon is looking like they are heading the same way.

I haven't been back to PC, but I have a moto x 2nd gen now on Republic so I have tri band. It doesn't appear to help consistently get 4g without dropping. If you go on the north side (Capital Circle and I10) there is definitely a legacy tower there, I guess there having permitting trouble. There is other places too where it goes back to the almost unusable data, but then again Verizon is looking like they are heading the same way.

Yeah, it will not get better until B26 LTE arrives in your market. It's just starting to be deployed in the Panhandle.

1.5 years since your post, I was in Panama City Beach yesterday (Pier Park).  The 4G (LTE 1900) was unfortunately too intermittent and definitely unavailable inside any bar or restaurant.  The 3G (CDMA 1900) was usable, but only for basic voice, texts, and slow internet usage.

NV 2.0 is needed to fill in the "Swiss cheese" network through much of the Panhandle east into northern Florida.

Sounds like Ft Myers coverage.