It's a Samsung RRH for WiMax/TD-LTE running thru the FCC

Posted yesterday on the FCC Website is a Class 2 permissible change for a Samsung RRH for WiMax/TD-LTE

It was tested for 20MHz TD-LTE channels, supports dual mode servicing of both networks, and the specific change on the report was the change to support 4x4 MIMO. They are gearing up for Network Vision 2.0! Talk about exciting times. I can't wait!

Note:

Original FCC certification was dated November 15, 2012.

• Like 6

sounds like it's specifically for Clearwire... not sure of another domestic carrier that would be remotely interested in that. wouldn't that be something if their LTE rollout on 2500/2600 would be an expansion of WiMAX as well.

• Like 1

sounds like it's specifically for Clearwire... not sure of another domestic carrier that would be remotely interested in that. wouldn't that be something if their LTE rollout on 2500/2600 would be an expansion of WiMAX as well.

Sprint is the other carrier, especially if the Clearwire merger goes through. But I don't expect an expansion of WiMax though.

When Clearwire starts the TD-LTE expansion will they be using the same panels? A lot of the protection sites with the newest equipment were never really optimized for WiMax. If they start to use them for LTE wouldn't the WiMax also get enhanced because they would need to adjust the panels?

Maybe we are reading too much into the Wimax side of this device. It could be that TD-LTE and Wimax are similar enough that having Wimax support was almost free to add.

The FCC docs said they are dual mode RRH's that support simultaneous use of both technologies. Whether they use the WiMax side or not is up to Clearwire. 2015 isn't very far away, and we don't even know if Clearwire is even going to use these.

The FCC docs said they are dual mode RRH's that support simultaneous use of both technologies. Whether they use the WiMax side or not is up to Clearwire. 2015 isn't very far away, and we don't even know if Clearwire is even going to use these.

Oh, that was my oversight. Thanks for the clarification.

Lots of the time getting pdf files from the FCC website works best in IE, also Chrome works ok. Not great for a Linux user like me.

I have no problems with Firefox. Sometimes there is a delay, but it isn't that much of one.

Lots of the time getting pdf files from the FCC website works best in IE, also Chrome works ok. Not great for a Linux user like me.

I'm currently using Chrome. Generally it seems like direct linking to a FCC file gets me the error page. But accessing via the file index page works fine.

• 1 month later...

As I have been keeping vigil, watching for the Samsung Galaxy S4 authorizations to come through the FCC OET, I came across this Class II Permissive Change authorization for the Samsung TD-LTE/WiMAX dual mode RRH:

https://apps.fcc.gov...d=A3LSLS-BD106Q

AJ

What does this mean?

It means that Samsung is potentially one of Clearwire's LTE upgrade Vendors.

As I have been keeping vigil, watching for the Samsung Galaxy S4 authorizations to come through the FCC OET, I came across this other interesting Samsung authorization for a TD-LTE/WiMAX dual mode RRH:

AJ

I came across the original filings, but am surprised they keep modifying the setup. I posted about it here, AJ

As I have been keeping vigil, watching for the Samsung Galaxy S4 authorizations to come through the FCC OET, I came across this Class II Permissive Change authorization for the Samsung TD-LTE/WiMAX dual mode RRH:

AJ

AJ, there was also a first model WiMax/TD-LTE RRH, model number was SLS-BD104Q1. It's frequency range is 2506 to 2680 while the SLS-BD106Q you posted about has a frequency range of 2496 to 2690. What's the reason for the extra 20 MHz?

AJ, there was also a first model WiMax/TD-LTE RRH, model number was SLS-BD104Q1. It's frequency range is 2506 to 2680 while the SLS-BD106Q you posted about has a frequency range of 2496 to 2690. What's the reason for the extra 20 MHz?

The most likely reason is that to make it compatible with more frequencies does not change the usage. If clearwire currently only has 2506mhz but in the future more spectrum is auctioned, these will be compatible. Also, if they are making them for other markets like China, there might be a slight difference in bands... and the availability of wimax will not hurt them, but will allow production to gain economies of scale due to only having to produce/engineer one product for everyone in this spectrum band across the world.