Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

JediFusion

I'm just wondering if there was any "chatter" about work being done in portland for lte? I've heard we're lumped into the Washington market

Portland is in Sprint's Oregon/SW Washington market, and is different than the Sprint's West Washington market that covers the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

Work is definitely underway in the West Washington market. It may be in your market also, but we have not heard any confirmation yet. If not now, then work should start in the next 30-45 days.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed an increase in 3g speeds around the Cedar Mills area (217 and 26); previously I would only get .1 mbps. Yesterday I was getting 1.5 - 1.8 mbps download speeds.

Hopefully it means work has gotten started.

Yes, they should have started by now. It sounds like the tower(s) you were connected may have had their backhaul upgraded, which would be a very good sign. Makes me feel better about losing WiMax when I upgrade my phone next week!

Man the Portland area is really behind. Do they happen to have a close completion day for this market?

No markets really have completion dates. As soon as physically possible.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I will be driving down I-5 next month to Roseburg and am wondering if there is a setting or an App than can alert me if my Note2 picks up and LTE signal?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2864-lte-discovery-app-for-s4gru/

• 2 weeks later...
any idea when we could begin to be picking up any sort of LTE signal in PDX? maybe around a month?

That's probably about right. Samsung seems to get their signals up the fastest after work has confirmed started. So I would guess the very first LTE signals will appear around Oregon/SW Washington in the next 30 days or so.

• Like 1

That's probably about right. Samsung seems to get their signals up the fastest after work has confirmed started. So I would guess the very first LTE signals will appear around Oregon/SW Washington in the next 30 days or so.

Keeping my eyes peeled for that 4G icon!

• Like 1

I just saw on Sensorly's coverage maps that Tualatin seems to have 4G coverage showing up. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

It is. Probably a few sites will come love every week.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Was near two Tualatin towers yesterday and ran some Speed Tests and can report no NV activity to my knowledge-

Tower off of Sagert St. - Had a direct line of sight to the tower and got a Speed Test of .69 down and .70 up. Was dark out and could not see anything, but this tower looks different and I am not really sure how to look for the panels. The tower has 3 big brown panels that may be to hide the actual cell panels so that they are not visible for aesthetic looks but I am not sure.

Tower at Meridian Park Hospital off of 65th Ave. - Was close to the hospital and got a Speed Test of .51 up and .78 down. I have tried to look for panels here not to long ago, but am not sure where they are. I saw some panels on the roof that were most likely cell panels but wasn't really sure what panels belonged to which carriers. They also were not very easy to see due to the location on the roof.

I am near these towers during the week, so I may be able to look at them more if I can determine what I am looking for especially on the unique looking one.